THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD , AARC and ANTI

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I consider all you good folks on here to be my friends, so I want to share a letter with you that I received this past week. :sadsmiley:

Tuesday February 16, 2021

Dear David,

We regret to inform you that we are withdrawing our offer of employment to you for the Somero North ULC Territory Manager role as we have decided to make a change in our business strategy with regards to sales in Canada. As such, we will not be making any direct hires within Canada at this time.

We appreciate the time you have invested in pursuing this opportunity with us and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Kindest regards,

Jennifer Oliver
Director of Legal Services & Corp Affairs
Mgr Human Resources & Investor Relations

This letter came out-of-nowhere two weeks after the job was offered and I accepted.
What I would like to know is... how can a company that you interview with in good faith for 2 months do this to somebody? :icon_scratch:

The week did end on a positive note though, yesterday I received an email from Generac Power Systems asking me to re-interview for the position of Market Development Manager - Canada.
If you recall, I had two interviews for this position back in October, but I never heard anything after that.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and good morning....sorry to hear about your job letter dave.....and I was hopeing you would be down this way in the future.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I consider all you good folks on here to be my friends, so I want to share a letter with you that I received this past week. :sadsmiley:

Tuesday February 16, 2021

Dear David,

We regret to inform you that we are withdrawing our offer of employment to you for the Somero North ULC Territory Manager role as we have decided to make a change in our business strategy with regards to sales in Canada. As such, we will not be making any direct hires within Canada at this time.

We appreciate the time you have invested in pursuing this opportunity with us and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Kindest regards,

Jennifer Oliver
Director of Legal Services & Corp Affairs
Mgr Human Resources & Investor Relations

This letter came out-of-nowhere two weeks after the job was offered and I accepted.
What I would like to know is... how can a company that you interview with in good faith for 2 months do this to somebody? :icon_scratch:

The week did end on a positive note though, yesterday I received an email from Generac Power Systems asking me to re-interview for the position of Market Development Manager - Canada.
If you recall, I had two interviews for this position back in October, but I never heard anything after that.

Well Probably the machine was, but they certainly weren't being level with you David. Hopefully this next one will be straight up, and move at a quicker pace in their HR Dept. Best of luck.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone, wake up WD.....:hello:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...I got lucky again....my boss was smart enough to cancel our fishing trip....the wind is howling out of the north east !! So glad im not going out in it !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning to the whole crew. Dave that about face by Somero is a low blow, hopefully, the Generac deal works out for you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How fast are those sidecars going?
My body was twitching with the impending feeling of an ouch. Not for the faint at heart types that's for sure.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How fast are those sidecars going?
My body was twitching with the impending feeling of an ouch. Not for the faint at heart types that's for sure.

Average speed just under 100 MPH....top speed 150

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC