THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Good luck with your adventure going forward a tune for the cause.

I'm in the moving process too. I'll be trying to get my drivers license this week, and the same day, try to get hired as a security guard in W.Va. Today I packed up all of my WWII collection. Damn, am I deppressed about it. Next go the bottles, then the arrowheads, relics and coins. All a little bit at a time, preparing for when I do get out of here.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im off... Night.

C u n am.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By the way, remember when I was asking about garret pinpointers? I needed a new one because my Fisher F pulse was falsing on everything, cutting out, dying after new batteries were inserted, and driving me nuts. Then I had a thought. The spring looked a bit small, like it wasn't maintaining contact with the batteries, causing it to act up. So I stretched the spring, and it seems to work! It hasn't falsed on anything yet, and hasn't died. I think it will continue to work, but I'll let y'll know how it works in the long run.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, remember when I was asking about garret pinpointers? I needed a new one because my Fisher F pulse was falsing on everything, cutting out, dying after new batteries were inserted, and driving me nuts. Then I had a thought. The spring looked a bit small, like it wasn't maintaining contact with the batteries, causing it to act up. So I stretched the spring, and it seems to work! It hasn't falsed on anything yet, and hasn't died. I think it will continue to work, but I'll let y'll know how it works in the long run.

My Garrets have a little foam piece inside the cap.
Like a small cupboard door bumper.
Lost one in the heat somehow during a battery change which relieved pressure on the battery which, had me all wondering what was going on. L.o.l..

I don't want to know how much time I've spent messing stuff up or backtracking while detecting. All part of the fun for me , in hindsight anyways.

Good on you for looking it over and fettling it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a pretty cool idea with the trailer. Our new neighbor has a horse trailer. Missing the side door, we were thinking of approaching her about selling it for transport to the field. Pips can still ride shotgun of course.
201125_075756_24.jpeg

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Garrets have a little foam piece inside the cap.
Like a small cupboard door bumper.
Lost one in the heat somehow during a battery change which relieved pressure on the battery which, had me all wondering what was going on. L.o.l..

I don't want to know how much time I've spent messing stuff up or backtracking while detecting. All part of the fun for me , in hindsight anyways.

Good on you for looking it over and fettling it.
I had one once that kept giving me that annoying low-battery noise... I tried everything but after a few months I just sent it back for a new one. Digging without a pinpointer during that time was pretty rough lol.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodnight? Were do you guys live?

laughing11.gif

Canada is great! Bee ut i full country.. Can we (USA) borrow some money? We .... or I should say some.... down here seem to overspend!

OK I'm really in to guitars, as a player, builder and I have a studio... but, WTF is this?

They are trying to be metal... but you do NOT put flying V's upside down in the ground!! Shouldn't they be in school?? weird strange...

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning RCT

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013