THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holly Cripe. I blink for only 8 weeks and this thread already has 101 pages. :thumbsup: :notworthy:
Now I'll never catch up on my sleep trying to read them all. :hello2: Is there an index to find the exquisite replies and artifacts? :icon_scratch:

Mine says 251. 23,401 likes, and about 3,700 replies, this thread is popular.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Something funny...

Yesterday my mom and I went shopping, and she forgot her purse in the truck, to which I volunteered to get for her. So I'm walking to the door of the store, and I see a girl on her way to coming in. I open the door, snap to attention, and she walks right past me, without even so much as a thank you, a smile, nuthin'. So I pulled a classic that my aunt Sherry loves to use.

I spun around, and said, "you're welcome!" in a voice of elevated volume and walked off. :laughing7:

So I have been reading this post and the advice that followed several times over. IMO, Rusty, your reaction was spot on. I think you came across a spoiled little brat that takes for granted chivalrous acts of kindness. Unless the sight of you holding a purse creeped her out. :laughing9: Either way, she still should have thanked you.

See nothing but good advice from the guys, but have a caution. There's gonna be feminists and the aforementioned who think they are "privileged." I hope you come across the few that are genuinely grateful to be treated so kindly.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning WD, RR and PP55

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I have been reading this post and the advice that followed several times over. IMO, Rusty, your reaction was spot on. I think you came across a spoiled little brat that takes for granted chivalrous acts of kindness. Unless the sight of you holding a purse creeped her out. :laughing9: Either way, she still should have thanked you.

See nothing but good advice from the guys, but have a caution. There's gonna be feminists and the aforementioned who think they are "privileged." I hope you come across the few that are genuinely grateful to be treated so kindly.

Lol, no purse in hand yet. But still... Oh this reminds me of a golden story...

My aunt sherry and I were shopping with my mom one day. I hate shopping, my aunt hates shopping, and my mom was nowhere near done. So we hung out by the door and just let people in, to which we always got a thank you. Once, this guy who looked to be the biker dude type walked in, and didn't say thank you when my aunt opened the door. At the exact same time, me and my aunt yelled out, "You're welcome!" and the cashiers who were watching us started laughing, we started laughing, and even the guy started laughing.

He never did thank us btw.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... So I'm walking to the door of the store, and I see a girl on her way to coming in. I open the door, snap to attention, and she walks right past me, without even so much as a thank you, a smile, nuthin'...
Was she singing "Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"?

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine says 251. 23,401 likes, and about 3,700 replies, this thread is popular.

Yowzer! You're right of course. I must have only noticed the first 101 on the page count!!

(So much for sleep now with the extra reading, it's so overrated anyhow.)

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yowzer! You're right of course. I must have only noticed the first 101 on the page count!!

(So much for sleep now with the extra reading, it's so overrated anyhow.)

It doesn't pay by the post but rather by seniority. :laughing7: Even at that, doesn't pay very well. Hey.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks WD.
I see my bird in tha bass. That's Purdy unique. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread