THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, Antiquarian, ARC, Pepperj, and all ye other pirates.
I hope all of you south of the border had a great Thanksgiving day. As for you guys north of the border, let’s see. I think I took a pic so you know I was thinking of you. Now where is it? Oh yes, here it is.

E5D2C60F-F794-4D5D-AA8B-5B60BF3A09A7.jpeg

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, Antiquarian, ARC, Pepperj, and all ye other pirates.
I hope all of you south of the border had a great Thanksgiving day. As for you guys north of the border, let’s see. I think I took a pic so you know I was thinking of you. Now where is it? Oh yes, here it is.

Great pic WD, I've seen these ugly looking lake freighters plying the Great Lakes for many years. I don't know why, but they always look like they need a paint job. :laughing7:

As a kid in the '70s, I always remember seeing these Canada Steamship Line ships loading sugar at the Redpath Plant in downtown Toronto.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 06-11-14 Google Maps.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 06-11-14 Google Maps.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 33

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pic WD, I've seen these ugly looking lake freighters plying the Great Lakes for many years. I don't know why, but they always look like they need a paint job. :laughing7:

As a kid in the '70s, I always remember seeing these Canada Steamship Line ships loading sugar at the Redpath Plant in downtown Toronto.
That one is in Sandusky Bay. It’s a coal loading operation. Yes, everything thing looks in need of a paint job.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know what I think ?
Instead of hassling us as to where we can hunt.Where we can't hunt.What we can keep,what we can't keep....
I think the townships should be paying us for keeping THEIR beaches clean :icon_scratch::BangHead:
003.JPG
004.JPG

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those freighters are painted with our printed $$$-owner is/was the PM of Canada.
Prior to that he was the handler of the purse strings and the shipping line got a tad of $$$

"CSL Group Inc. had received CA$162 million in federal government contracts, grants and loans since Paul Martin became Minister of Finance in 1993. Earlier figures released in 2003 had suggested CSL Group Inc. had only earned CA$137,000 in federal government contracts during this time period."

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya know what I think ?
Instead of hassling us as to where we can hunt.Where we can't hunt.What we can keep,what we can't keep....
I think the townships should be paying us for keeping THEIR beaches clean :icon_scratch::BangHead: View attachment 1993137 View attachment 1993138
That really reconfirms that humans are worse than a barnyard pigs.
At least a pig will $hit in one spot-where as humans will where ever is convent-just drop/throw/toss and let the next person clean it up.
Seriously some folks believe that their mama is still wiping/cleaning up after them. (Could be that they weren't taught any different)

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really reconfirms that humans are worse than a barnyard pigs.
At least a pig will $hit in one spot-where as humans will where ever is convent-just drop/throw/toss and let the next person clean it up.
Seriously some folks believe that their mama is still wiping/cleaning up after them. (Could be that they weren't taught any different)
Yeah,and thats just some of the stuff dug

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread