THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Hang in there better times down the road a bit.
Trying just trying to get back to doing things I normally do instead of being stuck in my head. I've been extremely scared my anxiety and hypochondriac mind isn't handling my situation very good. But I'm going to try to be active on here and do things I like inside of being stuck in fear because for now nothing I can do I see a doctor in a few days and get blood work done. Till then I know nothing I can do so being stuck terrified isn't doing me any good.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Try at least to go out for a walk it might do you some good and burn off some nervous energy worth a shot.
I wouldn't be surprised if my severe anxiety over this has contributed to making things worse. I've been trying to do things like that to shut my anxiety off for at least awhile to give myself a break.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The missus picked up a big bag of sweet peppers for $3.00 at our favourite veggie store.

So I roasted peeled and cut into strips 7 of them they'll be going into a side dish this evening and baked in the oven with feta cheese, pitted black olives, garlic and topped with fresh bread crumbs and some herbs.

Our main dish is probably to adventuresome for most but here goes it's baby octopus slow cooked in red wine with tomatoes, onions,garlic and seasonings and herbs.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The missus picked up a big bag of sweet peppers for $3.00 at our favourite veggie store.

So I roasted peeled and cut into strips 7 of them they'll be going into a side dish this evening and baked in the oven with feta cheese, pitted black olives, garlic and topped with fresh bread crumbs and some herbs.

Our main dish is probably to adventuresome for most but here goes it's baby octopus slow cooked in red wine with tomatoes, onions,garlic and seasonings and herbs.
I've had octopus, it's quite good more so something that absorbs the flavor of whatever you cook it in. I remember eating some in front of my friends just to weird them out lol.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John,

Nice to see you're adventurous in your eating habits. Some people get grossed out when you tell them you ate something exotic. It kind of gives me the chuckles because most people don't have a clue what goes into spam, hot dogs or bologna and eat it without question....lol.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,

Nice to see you're adventurous in your eating habits. Some people get grossed out when you tell them you ate something exotic. It kind of gives me the chuckles because most people don't have a clue what goes into spam, hot dogs or bologna and eat it without question....lol.
Lol very true. Well my grandma is from Thailand so I've tried all kinds of different foods because of that. Though there's one thing I loath lol something my grandma calls "salt fish" fish cured with salt and it smells like death I hate it lol

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep breaths every now and then JVA. Be kind to yourself. Hopefully you can find some fun things to concentrate on.
The mind is a powerful tool, the difficult part is in learning to control it. Not an easy task.

I just locked my self out of my key board, on the fire tablet, a while ago, thus the above series of icons.
I am e- challenged....to put it mildly. I'm off the thread alot because of life c r a p and when I come back the whole land scape changed on me. I was barely functional on the old site or what ever its called. I literally feel like I'm lost in an ocean on this site (?) The only way I can navigate is by trial & error....and I make a ton of errors. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but the good people on here help me if the can, some times I'm beyond their talents. But hey, we sail forth and keep trying. Ya with me on that? ....just don't get in a elevator with me :laughing7:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep breaths every now and then JVA. Be kind to yourself. Hopefully you can find some fun things to concentrate on.
The mind is a powerful tool, the difficult part is in learning to control it. Not an easy task.

I just locked my self out of my key board, on the fire tablet, a while ago, thus the above series of icons.
I am e- challenged....to put it mildly. I'm off the thread alot because of life c r a p and when I come back the whole land scape changed on me. I was barely functional on the old site or what ever its called. I literally feel like I'm lost in an ocean on this site (?) The only way I can navigate is by trial & error....and I make a ton of errors. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, but the good people on here help me if the can, some times I'm beyond their talents. But hey, we sail forth and keep trying. Ya with me on that? ....just don't get in a elevator with me :laughing7:
Lol you'll get the hang of it once you get it down it's quite nice. Take your time no rush to understand it all right away.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning pepperj.
How goes it in your neck of the woods?
Well right now I'm trying to make the decision on: Do II put the plow on-or try my whether luck.
So the forecast is 4/5 inches of snow-followed by freezing rain or rain and warm whether for the next day with a breeze.
Oh what the heck-play the odds-and say nada for the plow.
I need to head my head on the wall over the water softener issues. :laughing7:

Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 2.06.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-05 at 2.07.51 PM.png

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning crew mates.:hello2:
Very long swim getting back to the ship.
The ship's cloking device is working well and your fog bank was dense, very impressive. The Bermuda triangle around the ship was the best of all! But I still found you!
...if I didn't know better I'd think it was to confuse & confound me! It worked! :tongue3:
Still trying to figure it all out.

Bart so sorry your friend & neighbor died. Prayers for all. I hope you find comfort in the good memories.
Good afternoon, Msbeep! Glad you got through the Bermuda Triangle. :hello:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon John, good see you dropping in to say hello.
Time to get out and about with the Deus, maybe the beeping will take the mind off the other things.
Did a little bit but didn't find much of any age besides this.

Attachments

• 20211203_130841.jpg
    20211203_130841.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 20211203_130815.jpg
    20211203_130815.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread