THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some great news I'd like to share with the gang....As some of you might remember around 18 months ago my wife was diagnosed with having Parkinson's Disease. Well, her last extensive battery of tests, and extensive battery of blood work results ALL show Negative for Parkinson's,(and for that matter any & everything else). And for the last month or so she appears to be back to her old self. Was it the meds ? The diet ? The prayers ? Dunno,probably all three .Its been a long Hard road but Anyhow It's the/my Best Christmas gift of all.:notworthy:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some great news I'd like to share with the gang....As some of you might remember around 18 months ago my wife was diagnosed with having Parkinson's Disease. Well, her last extensive battery of tests, and extensive battery of blood work results ALL show Negative for Parkinson's,(and for that matter any & everything else). And for the last month or so she appears to be back to her old self. Was it the meds ? The diet ? The prayers ? Dunno,probably all three .Its been a long Hard road but Anyhow It's the/my Best Christmas gift of all.:notworthy:
Roger, Glad to hear about your wife's condition clearing up.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bill
There's a mild trend in the weather for the next couple.
Another not typical what we should be getting, but it does cut the heating costs down a whole lot.
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 7.20.02 AM.png

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, ARC, Antiquarian, Bart, Bill, Oregon Viking, Pepperj, Rookster, RTR, and ye other pirates.

Funny start to the morning: The news anchor was reporting on a building that caught fire (ok that was not funny). He said, and I quote, “The building farted.” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s wonderful news! So glad for you two!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the toughest thing to realize that I will never see, hear, or talk to my neighbor bob again. So hard to look out and know that all his prized possessions mean nothing anymore. The silence is the worst.....Bob is gone forever.

Never did I dream I would miss him so much.....man this has been tough !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its the toughest thing to realize that I will never see, hear, or talk to my neighbor bob again. So hard to look out and know that all his prized possessions mean nothing anymore. The silence is the worst.....Bob is gone forever.

Bart, Try to remember the good times you spent with him.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im trying bill....im trying !! It will get better. Always second guessing myself.....thinking I should have seen him flagging and could have helped him if I was paying closer attention to his condition. I know this is not the way I should feel, but I can't help but think that I could have gotten him to go to the doctor !!

Funny how you think your not that close to someone until there gone....then you realize the hole that is left by there departure.....it may take months to let him go and not look for him to come out and talk with me in the yard.

God bless you Bob !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Right now the emotions are raw and sharp. Overtime this will dull, but it never goes away. Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my mother’s death. It was a hard day. Not as bad as the year before, though. Don’t bottle up your feelings, let it out. And try and remember good times. You will find yourself laughing and that helps. I have 3 ashtrays that my mom had. I keep them on my dresser to look at and smile. They are naughty, so I can’t post them. Find something that you can look at and remember him fondly. Maybe there’s a funny thing that happened at his house that you can recall when you look over?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you WD....The older I get the more emotional I am. Tears have flowed on and off all week long......I hurt alot for my son....this is all real hard on him because him and Bob had a special relationship. Often times he would grab my boy and take him for a ride in the corvette....we will watch the lion King and I will try and make this a life teaching moment for him.....sadly that will mean more tears, but its a necessary teaching moment about the cycle of life.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now the emotions are raw and sharp. Overtime this will dull, but it never goes away. Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my mother’s death. It was a hard day. Not as bad as the year before, though. Don’t bottle up your feelings, let it out. And try and remember good times. You will find yourself laughing and that helps. I have 3 ashtrays that my mom had. I keep them on my dresser to look at and smile. They are naughty, so I can’t post them. Find something that you can look at and remember him fondly. Maybe there’s a funny thing that happened at his house that you can recall when you look over?
I have some beautiful black coral from belize that Bob gave me....I will use it in something to honor Bob with !!

One more thing....although I've never met you guys in person, its nice to have you guys to lean on a bit.....nice to have people raise your spirits and be there for you with some words of encouragement.....thank you all for being my t-net friends !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions