THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dave, If it's allowed I'd strongly consider detecting that site come spring. Looks like it could have some potential would have been lots of group gatherings there back in the day.

I mentioned to my farmer customers up the road that I'd stopped and taken a picture of it. They said that, "it's often rented out for country weddings and other events." The property is fairly small now, but I bet when it was first built it had more land attached to it. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Old Township Hall.png
    Old Township Hall.png
    372.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man it breaks my heart to see so many of my pirate friends have come down with this crap. I can give advice on what not to do. Do not lay around on your back. Lay on your side and switch to the other and try proning.

The mr’s symptoms started on 12/31/21. And as I said before, and ARC has pointed out, it attacks in waves. Just when you think your getting better, it strikes again. 8 days later, I took him to the ER and so far six days in the hospital. He’s better. He almost died. It was scary. If you have a spirometer at home, use it to keep your airways open.

Good news that you and your husband are feeling better WD. :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Should be? Buddy I'm not going to taken any chances.🤣👍
That must be so uncomfortable to wear when you're detecting Jim. :laughing9:

Attachments

• 20210109_111448(1).jpg
    20210109_111448(1).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 13

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have loss of taste and smell. Runny nose then next day not. Cough, congestion. Headache.
Symptoms seem to change on a daily basis.

Hope you're feeling better soon Viking... from what I've heard, loss of taste is a symptom of the Delta virus, not the Omicron. :icon_scratch:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy owned 2... one that was fully blown to the point of crazy train,

Just one ride in her would be all it took (with him driving you) to turn you from a man into girl. heh
Yep LOL:laughing7: Don't know how he's still alive. IF it would go fast,he'd push it faster.One weekend at winter fest we were ON Lake George NY ( w/no speed limits on the ice).At one time we were doing way above 100 in his Raptor 4x4 ,Then he cut the wheel THEN we were going sideways at over 100.....Ever look out the passengers window at 100 going sideways ?:laughing7:
I'll never forget it .

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If the cheese doesn't resembles old smelly work boot it isn't worth eating it.
Blue-stilton, then there's the roqueforti🤭😋😍👍

I still remember the taste of that amazing blue cheese you bought for me at the country market Jim... good times detecting. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When viewing the auction the other day it brought a saddened heart of a true bad ass gal that lost her final play in a ride as this. Penny and 3 others had buried the speedo (witness reports-collision findings)on the straight stretches between Calgary and Edmonton.
She hit a fuel truck, and the remains of 5 were held in a simple shoe box size container.
Fast cars, many times too much speed was the end of many friends, from a district of only 12K my sibling and I counted over 60 of our school mates. RIP Penny
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 6.20.54 AM.png

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's just a tad nipply out this morning eh Jim... I've never seen the dog run out for a peep and back inside so quickly. :laughing7:

The weather forecast is for 4" - 8" of the white stuff here on Sunday night and into Monday... looks like Monday's going to be a 'work from home day'. :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That must be so uncomfortable to wear when you're detecting Jim. :laughing9:
That's why it's so easy to get permissions-they just say yes to get me off the porch. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Just cleaning the barn garb.:laughing7:
I can wear the mask, the white mask, headlamp, toque, chickens are all hello, no issues.

Last night I went quickly to close off the main lights/radio wearing a balaclava-seriously they thought the end was near-not liking the gangster garb.:laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a tad nipply out this morning eh Jim... I've never seen the dog run out for a peep and back inside so quickly. :laughing7:

The weather forecast is for 4" - 8" of the white stuff here on Sunday night and into Monday... looks like Monday's going to be a 'work from home day'. :thumbsup:
One good thing if the power goes off the food will stay good outside:BangHead::laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot rock from the Similkameen River, Princeton B.C., first broken into small pieces then incinerated before ball milling the last image is gold and platinum float.
The large rock sitting on the table, outdoor kitchen, 3rd image down the pyrite seam.

Forth image down the color purple after heating the rock shows a good indication of gold being present. Gold is used in making Cranberry glass,, bottom image.

View attachment 2003512
View attachment 2003513
View attachment 2003514
View attachment 2003515
View attachment 2003517
View attachment 2003518
View attachment 2003519
Hey alloy ll welcome to RCT great to have you on board....it was rude of me not to say hello....so HELLO !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's why it's so easy to get permissions-they just say yes to get me off the porch. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Just cleaning the barn garb.:laughing7:
I can wear the mask, the white mask, headlamp, toque, chickens are all hello, no issues.

Last night I went quickly to close off the main lights/radio wearing a balaclava-seriously they thought the end was near-not liking the gangster garb.:laughing7:

How do you keep the chickens warm in this bitter cold Jim? Do you have a warmer in the chicken coop or do you sneak in there at night and hug each chicken individually to warm them up? :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see you'll have a long weekend Dave.
Snow day on Monday-the traffic should just lovely in the GTA. :laughing7::tongue3:

Don't miss those days of dealing with a multicultural society that never really dealt with the winter road conditions growing up. Seen some real boneheaded driving.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One good thing if the power goes off the food will stay good outside:BangHead::laughing7:

I hear you Roger, the only problem with that is the cans of beer freeze solid and it takes way too long for them to thaw. :laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trick is you cut them in half and steam them until tender....next step drain and toss the in the pan chopped side down in a frying pan with olive oil, salt and pepper and saute a bit. Then you toss in a good shot of balsamic vinegar and maybe a bit of brown sugar.
It takes the bitterness away and gives the sprouts a nicer taste.
My wife is always trying to get me to eat them....ill tell her to try this trick and see if I like them....been trying to like them for at least 45 years.....yuck !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you keep the chickens warm in this bitter cold Jim? Do you have a warmer in the chicken coop or do you sneak in there at night and hug each chicken individually to warm them up? :thumbsup:
A pot of boiling water ,some seasonings,vegs & a couple hours :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread