THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that,s a breakfast!!!!You gotta get better with that kind of chow!! All the best Bart!:laughing7:
So.... cigarettes and cheese sandwhich dipped in rum has been *COUGH***...***HACK*** um....

um......

Where am I ? ? ? errrrrr was I ? ? ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well time to take a break from plowing, no snow removal has been done on the main roads yet in the hamlet.
Yet they can run around when a 1/4" falls.
I plowed to the hamlet just in case an emergency vehicle has to get here.
Useless to rely on others to do their job.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW indeed!!! WOW again!! Are you old enough to remember to remember Gar Wood and the Ghostrider? Not in the same league as this one but a legend in it,s day!!
Wonder how long it would take to go from Miami to NYC by boat at that speed?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the smallest particles the N95 mask stops are 3 microns large. The virus is only 1 micron wide. To quote an engineer, trying to stop the virus with an N95 mask is like throwing marbles at a chain link fence.

Don't believe me, do your own research.
Well you didn't pop mine, but I will give you a failing grade for not posting up a . Pre number or the correct numbers.

"

The COVID-19 virus is 0.125 microns and N95 masks only filter down to 0.3 microns so how can N95, surgical or cloth masks be effective?​

A: While the size of the virus itself is very small, the virus particles do not travel through the air alone. The virus needs to hitch a ride on the tiny droplets of saliva and water that are exhaled when someone coughs or sneezes, or even on dust particles. Shouting or singing can also disperse these droplets widely. If you are infected with COVID-19, you likely contracted the virus from inhaling viral-infected particles. It is also not true that N95 masks do not filter particles smaller than 0.3 microns, they can and do. There are multiple layers of fibers that carry an electrostatic charge that helps entrap these smaller particles.

While there have not been large-scale controlled trials, recent research shared in the Journal of Aerosol Science shows that masks protect people surrounding the mask-wearer. This research indicates that masks are effective at trapping exhaled air and respiratory droplets in the mask and successfully limit the number and movement of viral particles on droplets in the air. We can also draw some

So important to not throw things at walls to see if it sticks.​

Last edited:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bored stuck at home waiting to be safe to go around other people so I decided to try a different kind of treasure hunt. I had some money to search through to look for errors or anything interesting found a star bill nothing exciting but I'll take it as an addition to my treasure hoard lol.

Attachments

• 1642448286225591236783964939309.jpg
    1642448286225591236783964939309.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bored stuck at home waiting to be safe to go around other people so I decided to try a different kind of treasure hunt. I had some money to search through to look for errors or anything interesting found a star bill nothing exciting but I'll take it as an addition to my treasure hoard lol.
Idle hands and all that! Great find under the circumstances.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you didn't pop mine, but I will give you a failing grade for not posting up a . Pre number or the correct numbers.

"

The COVID-19 virus is 0.125 microns and N95 masks only filter down to 0.3 microns so how can N95, surgical or cloth masks be effective?​

A: While the size of the virus itself is very small, the virus particles do not travel through the air alone. The virus needs to hitch a ride on the tiny droplets of saliva and water that are exhaled when someone coughs or sneezes, or even on dust particles. Shouting or singing can also disperse these droplets widely. If you are infected with COVID-19, you likely contracted the virus from inhaling viral-infected particles. It is also not true that N95 masks do not filter particles smaller than 0.3 microns, they can and do. There are multiple layers of fibers that carry an electrostatic charge that helps entrap these smaller particles.

While there have not been large-scale controlled trials, recent research shared in the Journal of Aerosol Science shows that masks protect people surrounding the mask-wearer. This research indicates that masks are effective at trapping exhaled air and respiratory droplets in the mask and successfully limit the number and movement of viral particles on droplets in the air. We can also draw some

Jim, I found a similar article.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight on the menu is butternut squash & ricotta cheese ravioli we made earlier. we'll have some of the leftover brussel sprouts and possibly carrots.
Butter garlic lemon squid over linguine :occasion14:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

"

Sorry, forgot the decimal point. But I'm glad to see somebody is seeking the facts.

China virus is AIRBORNE. That means it does NOT require a drop of moisture to spread. So if somebody is near you that has it you can catch it even if they don't cough. And the N95 mask will not save you.

The bottom line is that all the common sense measures we have been using for years against the flu are the only ones that work against the China virus. Wash your hands. Don't touch your face. Stay home if you are sick and stay away from people who are. Everything else is b.s. scare tactics from .gov to control people. The mask is nothing more than a security blanket, or for some a political statement. It does nothing to protect anyone from the China virus.

I refuse to wear a useless uncomfortable mask. And nobody can tell me I have to. My rights don't end where someone else's paranoia begins.

But if it makes you feel better, by all means wear the mask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread