THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, releventchair. How the mouth feeling? I hope everything went well?

Unggh.
Pretty sure I won't be getting into any fist fights today.. Or blowing up any balloons. Or sneaking onto a trampoline to jump up and down.
J.V.A. might pop in and read posts , so I won't detail .
:laughing7:

Don't want to go drive over any bumps , but will make a run for yogurt later. No ,I'm not a yogurt fan. Antibiotics reduce the good bacteria in the gut though.
I know , yesterday would have been a lot better time to consider that.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unggh.
Pretty sure I won't be getting into any fist fights today.. Or blowing up any balloons. Or sneaking onto a trampoline to jump up and down.

Don't want to go drive over any bumps , but will make a run for yogurt later. No ,I'm not a yogurt fan. Antibiotics reduce the good bacteria in the gut though.
Ya need to get some acidophilus, I take it regularly for gut health. Now there's different strengths for different causes, and you might want to get a one for the Antibiotics.
My current strength is 11 Billion probiotics per capsule.
Now I started to count those little fellers back about 25 years ago, got up in the 100+ million and I sneezed.
We just have to believe them I guess, but still doing :icon_scratch: on how all those fit in there.🤣

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Unggh.

Rum is good for medicinal purposes.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to the city and got my new glasses.
I can see blurry now-wait-stop-say what-yup the distance part is arf'd :BangHead:
Close up is great, can see dates on the coins real good.
Coming home I almost had to pass the signage on the posts to read them.
Unbelievable-maybe in the morning it will be different :dontknow:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to the city and got my new glasses.
I can see blurry now-wait-stop-say what-yup the distance part is arf'd :BangHead:
Close up is great, can see dates on the coins real good.
Coming home I almost had to pass the signage on the posts to read them.
Unbelievable-maybe in the morning it will be different :dontknow:
You may have to get used to them. That’s what they always tell me, anyway.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You may have to get used to them. That’s what they always tell me, anyway.
Your eye's will adjust-don't worry if you strain the crap out of them-no problem-we like your business.
Lens are replaceable for 3 months no charge. ( they see if they work-guess work)
Same frame just did the lenses-for $550.00 they better get it right.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
1651194605218.png

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Osterberg’s E-tower was invented by Daniel Osterbergof California, patented in 1984 (US #4,451,359), and marketed as the Quick Gold Separator. The device causes black sand to fluidise and particles to hover. For ‘hovering’, the water velocity has to slackenupwards – impossible in a cylinder is of uniform diameter. Slackening is by the water escaping from the constricted space in the flow distributor. If a teetered bed E-tower then hovering is accompanied by hindered settling in the teetering fluidised bed, displacing lighter particles upward. The author suggests that Osterberg’s device is amultiple E-tower with many rising columns jetting upward,each decelerating once free of the flow distributor.Osterberg’s E-tower seems capable of achieving highpercentage fine gold recovery and merits testing.

Operation

Clean water is introduced into a 4-inch diameter column near its base, at 2 gallons/minute. Once inside, the water passes through a distributor in a sequence designed to create a non-turbulent up-flow:

• through a perforated plate secured to a bottom ring; then
  • through a disc of felted, fibrous synthetic polymer; then
  • through a screen with openings so fine that upward flow issubstantially unaffected in its lateral uniformity; and finally
  • through a coarse screen.

Screened concentrate is spooned into the tower from above. The water rises with enough velocity to non-turbulently fluidise the concentrate yet without ejecting particles with the overflow of washwater.The upwelling water must decelerate for black sand to hover as a fluidised bed, the deceleration being due to the rising non-turbulent plumes of wash water have more width once free of the flow distributor, suggest the device is nota teetered bed settler as hindered settling seems minor. The patent suggests the fluidised bed be stirredgently at the start to encourage gold to fall to the bottom. The upper portion of the fluidised bed is deemed to be depleted of gold and is siphoned off as tailings. The dense gold particles remain behind and more concentrate is spooned into the top of the column. After processing many spoonfuls of material, the enriched gold concentrate is siphoned off from the device.

Screenshot from 2022-04-28 20-26-08.png

OSTERBERG's E-TOWER

OSTERBERGs-E-TOWER-Siphoning-of-tailings-adapted-by-Robin-Grayson-from-the-patent.ppm.png

Attachments

• Osterberg_Tower-1.pdf
    410.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Osterberg’s E-tower was invented by Daniel Osterbergof California, patented in 1984 (US #4,451,359), and marketed as the Quick Gold Separator. The device causes black sand to fluidise and particles to hover. For ‘hovering’, the water velocity has to slackenupwards – impossible in a cylinder is of uniform diameter. Slackening is by the water escaping from the constricted space in the flow distributor. If a teetered bed E-tower then hovering is accompanied by hindered settling in the teetering fluidised bed, displacing lighter particles upward. The author suggests that Osterberg’s device is amultiple E-tower with many rising columns jetting upward,each decelerating once free of the flow distributor.Osterberg’s E-tower seems capable of achieving highpercentage fine gold recovery and merits testing.

Operation

Clean water is introduced into a 4-inch diameter column near its base, at 2 gallons/minute. Once inside, the water passes through a distributor in a sequence designed to create a non-turbulent up-flow:

• through a perforated plate secured to a bottom ring; then
  • through a disc of felted, fibrous synthetic polymer; then
  • through a screen with openings so fine that upward flow issubstantially unaffected in its lateral uniformity; and finally
  • through a coarse screen.

Screened concentrate is spooned into the tower from above. The water rises with enough velocity to non-turbulently fluidise the concentrate yet without ejecting particles with the overflow of washwater.The upwelling water must decelerate for black sand to hover as a fluidised bed, the deceleration being due to the rising non-turbulent plumes of wash water have more width once free of the flow distributor, suggest the device is nota teetered bed settler as hindered settling seems minor. The patent suggests the fluidised bed be stirredgently at the start to encourage gold to fall to the bottom. The upper portion of the fluidised bed is deemed to be depleted of gold and is siphoned off as tailings. The dense gold particles remain behind and more concentrate is spooned into the top of the column. After processing many spoonfuls of material, the enriched gold concentrate is siphoned off from the device.

View attachment 2023600

OSTERBERG's E-TOWER

View attachment 2023612
Thank you alloy_II,I learned something today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread