THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some vintage lawn chairs me and my mother restored we got out of an old barn. Was a pain removing all the rust and calcium build up on them.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1293673369.jpg
    Snapchat-1293673369.jpg
    614.3 KB · Views: 12

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great morning all, I wish you all a wonderful day. As for me I'll be off to the hills to watch my uncles dogs till next Thursday and to do yard work there. Going to be a long stressful week because I hate being alone and out there there isn't much.
good luck out there jv-sounds like an excellent place to me-let nature be your guide

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck out there jv-sounds like an excellent place to me-let nature be your guide
Last time I was there found several rattlers, also was nearly bored and over heated to death. I guess I'll go to the bar across the way in the evening and talk to people so I don't go nuts out there

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I was there found several rattlers, also was nearly bored and over heated to death. I guess I'll go to the bar across the way in the evening and talk to people so I don't go nuts out there
that place is sounding better and better

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that place is sounding better and better
That little bar did get me a cool permission a few years back the owners were really cool people and told me about a mining camp with a big crusher plant to crush quartz that was up there. The machine and camp all burned up but I got to metal detect there and see the old machinery left behind. Was though also unpleasant later as I found out later the burnt up plants were poison oak and that did a number on me lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sir Pepper ( or any of you mechanically minded experts) does this little cog look familiar to u, it’s about 4.5 cm across nd weighs 8 grams. 🤔 it’s not flat slightly convex/concave…?
Flip it over for us.
Not a cog, lovely patina.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You certainly did an excellent job! Kudos to you both,love the motif!:icon_thumleft:
It's a little rough but adds character better than they looked before. They were just blue and rusted in spots before we painted them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions