THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You mean trash hunt lol. I can't even find at least a damned wheat penny I'd be happy with that lol
Have you tried the outskirts of the property-like the furthest away from the old foundation then work into the trash.
Many times I've got a keeper or two that way, and it gives the mind a tad of a break from the chattering of sounds.
May the silence be golden.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried the outskirts of the property-like the furthest away from the old foundation then work into the trash.
Many times I've got a keeper or two that way, and it gives the mind a tad of a break from the chattering of sounds.
May the silence be golden.
I've gone over the whole property but it's so easy to miss stuff so I just keep trying. Only parts I don't mess with are some piles of moved land. It's filled with bits of the house and dirt mixed in. Impossible to detect due to being over grown and filled with big pieces of junk

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same to you, hope your day has gone well thus far
Milder weather, so more productive.
Ordered up some lawn mower parts yesterday.
Went a calling for the ATV carb-got a quote of a $1000.00+ - - - - them and the horse they rode in on was my thought. "Oh don't be buying an aftermarket" $69.00 US for one I'm thinking on that one.
Got a lame hen-skittish one so can't examine her too close. Maybe tonight after she roosts.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Milder weather, so more productive.
Ordered up some lawn mower parts yesterday.
Went a calling for the ATV carb-got a quote of a $1000.00+ - - - - them and the horse they rode in on was my thought. "Oh don't be buying an aftermarket" $69.00 US for one I'm thinking on that one.
Got a lame hen-skittish one so can't examine her too close. Maybe tonight after she roosts.
Yup when the hen roosts is the best bet. Got to wait till it's dark even a little light and they will still freak out but dark they usually won't move.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup when the hen roosts is the best bet. Got to wait till it's dark even a little light and they will still freak out but dark they usually won't move.
We can pick up 20 of them without an issue, it was the younger 4 that were hatched last year they seemed of missed the bonding.
The rooster is getting use to the handling everyday now, falls asleep while were are tending his feet. :laughing7:

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can pick up 20 of them without an issue, it was the younger 4 that were hatched last year they seemed of missed the bonding.
The rooster is getting use to the handling everyday now, falls asleep while were are tending his feet. :laughing7:
None of my hens or roosters want anything to do with me expect when I get the food scoop out in the morning then everyone wants to be under my feet. Only attention I get is the unwanted attention from the tom turkey

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is no think I can I know I probably can't but I be dumb in the first place so yup lol
Don't fret about that quiz John.
See I'm thinking Trav. is from that era, and he's bragging that he passed.

But the actual truth, the behind story is he's been studying this test for 50+ years now, and there is a passing grade on final mark.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
None of my hens or roosters want anything to do with me expect when I get the food scoop out in the morning then everyone wants to be under my feet. Only attention I get is the unwanted attention from the tom turkey
When we are bringing them to the barn at the end of the day, there is always one that is just lazy.
Just stand there and wait, we walk over pick them up walk to the barn, and she's a talking away with little sounds of happiness.
Many times I'll pick them up and set them in an empty hole on the roost at lights out time.
They're totally fine with the pick up and free placement.
The egg count has slowly started to go up again, maybe the melting is starting to end. Noticed a few with bald looking heads, and now rooster pulling it must be that.
50% drop in production and now I got it down to 25%.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we are bringing them to the barn at the end of the day, there is always one that is just lazy.
Just stand there and wait, we walk over pick them up walk to the barn, and she's a talking away with little sounds of happiness.
Many times I'll pick them up and set them in an empty hole on the roost at lights out time.
They're totally fine with the pick up and free placement.
The egg count has slowly started to go up again, maybe the melting is starting to end. Noticed a few with bald looking heads, and now rooster pulling it must be that.
50% drop in production and now I got it down to 25%.
Yup bald heads and backs equals too many pain in the arse roosters. Egg production is down for me been too hot. I usually have more than I need though anyways and I'm always walking eggs out to neighbors

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never knew a damned freight storage container was such a puzzle to open and close. Dang thing made dummy me so mad. My uncle had me get something out of it and never opened one of those over sized puzzle boxes before so it quickly led to much frustration and a violent kicking of said box which left my shoe print on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread