THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
As i missed the good morning today, i will say goodnight to u all 😆 day off tomoz, so while u all get ur beauty sleep i will be up at the crack of dawn nd out in the fields searching for the elusive treasure of yester year 😆 xx sleep well precious pirates 🤗💕 xx

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May not be able to swing the detector, but still finding treasures
IMG_20221009_091052788.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a disappointment for me to realize that all the 1715 sites are just buried. There were a couple spots that were showing a peek at some older sand, but the reality is that these great looking cuts were really just cuts in the renourishment sand.....not even any good shell pockets or sea glass. I managed to get a tack, some lead.....and that was all relating to 1715 wrecks. At least the keys has enough to keep me interested.....I realize that what I have been finding at home is far more than these poor guys are finding here....times 10 !! You see other hunters, and think to yourself..... they must be doing better than me....until you stop and talk to them.....it sucks up here at the moment....even after the storm, king tides, and erosion.....all the renourishment sand is pulled down over the entire beach.....and now that I know which beaches to hunt.....its time to leave. Can't wait to get back home....its better !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a disappointment for me to realize that all the 1715 sites are just buried. There were a couple spots that were showing a peek at some older sand, but the reality is that these great looking cuts were really just cuts in the renourishment sand.....not even any good shell pockets or sea glass. I managed to get a tack, some lead.....and that was all relating to 1715 wrecks. At least the keys has enough to keep me interested.....I realize that what I have been finding at home is far more than these poor guys are finding here....times 10 !! You see other hunters, and think to yourself..... they must be doing better than me....until you stop and talk to them.....it sucks up here at the moment....even after the storm, king tides, and erosion.....all the renourishment sand is pulled down over the entire beach.....and now that I know which beaches to hunt.....its time to leave. Can't wait to get back home....its better !!
That sucks to hear that the place isn't giving up any treasures Bart.
The grass is greener across the fence type thing just isn't so in this case.
You know your home better-and it will give up it's treasures more often.

RayHeezy

Mar 26, 2014
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a disappointment for me to realize that all the 1715 sites are just buried. There were a couple spots that were showing a peek at some older sand, but the reality is that these great looking cuts were really just cuts in the renourishment sand.....not even any good shell pockets or sea glass. I managed to get a tack, some lead.....and that was all relating to 1715 wrecks. At least the keys has enough to keep me interested.....I realize that what I have been finding at home is far more than these poor guys are finding here....times 10 !! You see other hunters, and think to yourself..... they must be doing better than me....until you stop and talk to them.....it sucks up here at the moment....even after the storm, king tides, and erosion.....all the renourishment sand is pulled down over the entire beach.....and now that I know which beaches to hunt.....its time to leave. Can't w

Bring your boat and dive gear up to fort Myers, the new sandbar that goes off the southern tip of Sanibel looks promising ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread