THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you get out and hunt ARC. Such is the case with the excal....im trying hard to keep mine from disintegrating. What I've learned after owning 5-6 excals, is that no matter what degree of care you give them....it won't matter. After a certain amount of time and use the knobs lock up and fall off, and the cords disintegrate. I've tried every kind of product in an effort to protect and lubricate the machine......none of it mattered.....this the nature of the beast. I went through my swim hole and found every hair pin that I had tuned out on the nox !! I found nothing with the excal except what I had tuned out with the nox.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now I await the next machines.....I got the nox 700, a nokta pulse dive, and the waterproof head phones that really should be included with any machine considered waterproof. Another grand spent on this hobby, but a chance to scoop up more 8 reales, and gold johanas from Portugal !! So far there have been 57 gold coins found by the other couple people that know about them besides me. Ill be at the spot at the end of may.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinpointer worked like a charm though :)
Nice to see you get out and hunt ARC. Such is the case with the excal....im trying hard to keep mine from disintegrating. What I've learned after owning 5-6 excals, is that no matter what degree of care you give them....it won't matter. After a certain amount of time and use the knobs lock up and fall off, and the cords disintegrate. I've tried every kind of product in an effort to protect and lubricate the machine......none of it mattered.....this the nature of the beast. I went through my swim hole and found every hair pin that I had tuned out on the nox !! I found nothing with the excal except what I had tuned out with the nox.
Well this is my 3rd.
And i have always maintained them as far as rinsing and a silicone spray... but i only bought some extra time it seems... it was not that long ago that i was bragging how mine was still kicking.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinpointer worked like a charm though :)

Well this is my 3rd.
And i have always maintained them as far as rinsing and a silicone spray... but i only bought some extra time it seems... it was not that long ago that i was bragging how mine was still kicking.
Beings i owned 2 of the first X2's to be had in the U.S. and used and abused the crap outta them... then sold them both... and bought this one that i took extra care on to the point of trying to "preserve it"..... welp...... it did not work.
It has officially dumped out on me... oh yeah i just remembered .... the headphone cable is split right at point of entry to ear cup.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have you know this......
I am going to check my pulse which is in its bag and way up on shelf.... i dont know if i will today but will soon.
I bet you....
The cables are still good.
And its eons old.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have you know this......
I am going to check my pulse which is in its bag and way up on shelf.... i dont know if i will today but will soon.
I bet you....
The cables are still good.
And its eons old.
And the drops... rough handling... abuse ... left in sun.... forgetting to wash off... knocking around.,, falling over.... left in hot cars for days... etc etc.

And still rocking as far as i know.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silicone spray is what I used also, and I think it bought me an extra year.... so it's worth it. I also had one that I never ever once even rinsed the salt off....just turn it off and set it down salty.....it lasted almost the same time as the ones I babied, so im not sure if it even matters.....they are a sealed unit soooooo.......im starting to think it really dosent matter. Mine lab was smart to give the nox a 3 year warranty......for most will never use enough to ware it out. And now I understand the reasoning. At the 5 year mark minelab knows another model will be launched, and everyone will upgrade rather than repair there older machines. We need them to upgrade the excal line....excal III

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silicone spray is what I used also, and I think it bought me an extra year.... so it's worth it. I also had one that I never ever once even rinsed the salt off....just turn it off and set it down salty.....it lasted almost the same time as the ones I babied, so im not sure if it even matters.....they are a sealed unit soooooo.......im starting to think it really dosent matter. Mine lab was smart to give the nox a 3 year warranty......for most will never use enough to ware it out. And now I understand the reasoning. At the 5 year mark minelab knows another model will be launched, and everyone will upgrade rather than repair there older machines. We need them to upgrade the excal line....excal III
Agreed.
And i will buy one.... FIRST ! ! ! ..... :)
:P

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulse 8 is a different animal, and is 3 times the price of an excal.....they are made better, but I have expensive repairs on them almost every season.....we have 4 on the treasure boat, and one is almost always acting up in some way...... water does get in and has been my biggest problem with them......I am using them in brutal conditions for 8 hours at a time in 20-50 foot water depths though !! We use the excals as back up machines to the pulse eight. We think we have our "angel bueno" and are setting up the sled for the pulse 8.....we have 16th century iron wreck cluster, and are now hoping for the non ferrous metals to show up at this site with the pulse 8 sled. Exciting times for us, and yet another ancient wreck for us !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know... i really have not seen a detector out that i would go for... so for me... it would be the X3 if and when ... or something else that catches me.

Whats weird is... the ole X1 never had problem with cord or anything.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had many detectors... never settled on any but the 2 i still own.
Bought my girl a new Garrett 250 because she really liked her first one.
She likes the weight and knows it well.

She found...
1 pull tab.
1 nail
1 matchbox Red fire truck (which she gave to a watching kid)
And a fire nugget. (which she was excited about heh)
And a ghost target which eluded her to boredom.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had many detectors... never settled on any but the 2 i still own.
Bought my girl a new Garrett 250 because she really liked her first one.
She likes the weight and knows it well.

She found...
1 pull tab.
1 nail
1 matchbox Red fire truck (which she gave to a watching kid)
And a fire nugget. (which she was excited about heh)
And a ghost target which eluded her to boredom.
This was her first day using it... and she has had it for about a year.
New phones as well.
So she had great day.
Me........ not so much.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude....im glad your getting out there and swinging, and that's what really matters. Take a trip to the treasurecoast there is still a major amount of coins being found.....the renourishment sand has not reached many of the good spots and the spring tides are super low right now. Big emeralds right now. And rumors swirling of a major discovery.....1715 wreck.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20230215_123807.jpg

This one was found by a friend recently, and is featured in the 1715 fleet society web site as there treasure find of the month. That is the only reason I'm showing it here.....I get great info from the treasure coast from a network of fellow hunters. Some of them do far better than anyone would imagine. At the same time this beauty was being found, another was found miles away by another friend. It's quietly happening, and has been really hot since hurricane Nicole 🌀

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy oh boy.....imagine me down here in the keys getting continuous texts and pics from multiple hunters making finds....pulling my hair out at work every text !! Work has been hectic, and I have not been able to get back up there....I was on my spot, and getting coins.....I havnt been back !!
20221112_221929.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions