Yesterday we went to my dad’s to watch football and hang some wall decor that he bought. It would have been my mom’s birthday. In the process of rummaging for the perfect screws, I started coming across hair clips from my mom, which led to a hunt for more. Which led to me asking dad if I could have her little “catch all.” Dad said it was her mother’s. It was filthy. As long as I can remember, it had a yucky brown top. I cleaned it up and kept some of the contents. It’s battered and bruised, but it was my heritage.
View attachment 2124990
View attachment 2124991
Then my dad gave me some of his personal stuff and my grandfather’s.
View attachment 2124992
I find that badge interesting. First, I didn’t know my grandpa worked on Wright Patterson AFB. Second, back then, that’s all you needed for ,what’s the right word here? Clearance? ID? Anyway, it’s cool to have.