Shopping yesterday on the way home. Saw a great crio vac ham hock. $20 for $4. 😀
This morning first thing in the big pot on its own im filtered water. Hours later finely chopped potato, carrot and onion. Fine to let all their flavour out.
Later, 1kg of butter beans. 1/2 mashed to well.... mash 😂
What other flavours? Just 1 large table spoon of Holbrooks Worcestershire Sauce. That's it. Half way through cut up the ham hock to let the flavour out.
Tasteless? No herbs, no other stuff?
Sometimes things are just good left minimum. Like some recipes for fish with this and that and so on and in the end you wouldn't know what fish it even was.
I didn't tell the misses what I did.
She had it and was "that was beautiful! What was in it?"
At first she thought I was joking at the minimal ingredients.
Iv always been less is best to be honest.👍