THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Snickers ice cream & coffee sounds delicious ! I haven't had ice cream for a long time. I can drink coffee and then fall asleep minutes later. I seem to be immune to caffeine.

Evening/Morning Simon,
It's the same for me, maybe just the couple of big gulps of warm liquid has something to do with it. :dontknow:

I do like coffee. If I have a cup of espresso, or a strong bold cup, made from a French press. . . . sometimes that can keep me up.
But if I go to bed right away after dringking it, then I can go to sleep. . . . not if I wait too long. . so, caffeine probably plays a part, at least for me.

Where do you call home?

Good early morning Idahodutch :hello:
Coffee always hits the spot, although all these years with ulcers force me to keep it to the mild blends.

I still sample the menu from the do not eat side :laughing7:

Last edited:
Over this past summer, I had a tooth break off at the gum. Went to the dentist, and my blood pressure was very high, and they would not do the extraction. Said I had to get it lowered first, so rescheduled.

I have smoked cigarettes since I was an early teen. The Doctors office, extended family, I don't know, seemed like everybody thinks that automatically, it is the smoking, and it has to go, right now.

For a period of about 15 years, I had high blood pressure, but after I lost weight, I no longer had the issue, or needed medication. Couple of years ago, my back pain started getting a lot worse. I said that I thought it was because of my chronic pain level, and that we need to do something about my back, not experiment with medication. Long story short, without the chronic pain, my blood pressure goes back down to normal, An I still enjoy smoking my cigarettes.

Point is, do you know what is causing the ulcers. Maybe you could be drinking the coffee you like again?

Congratulations on reducing your blood pressure level :hello:

Last edited:
Congratulations on reducing your blood pressure level :hello:

The herbal treatments are extremely effective. A couple of puffs and within about 20 minutes, there is a significant drop. If after 1/2 hour from last treatment, if it has not dropped enough, then just administer another dose. Usually about every 4 hours or so, another small dose seems quite effective. It relaxes the walls of the blood vessels. You can feel it take place. (No I'm not imagining the sensation because of the medication :tongue3:)

I get my nerve oblations this coming week, so the herbal treatments will not be necessary after that. It's funny how some medication sort of grows on you :laughing7:

I bet there would be a lot of folks that would prefer to grow their own BP medication. Side affects are more palatable anyway.

So your garden is actually a cover for your herbal treatments :icon_thumleft:
You always need a back up plan. :hello2:

Things grow great using the square foot garden soil recipe.
Did Wala Wala Onions, all kinds of peppers, Green Beans, Sweet Snap Peas, Tomatoes, Kale, and since we used 8x8x16 cinder blocks (2-high) for the perimeters instead of wood (which only lasts maybe few years), we have strawberries growing all around the raised beds in those voids of the cinder blocks.
Fresh vegetables straight from the garden, really do taste better.
(Just need to save your seeds :blackbeard:)

Last edited:
We also have a large volunteer Rhubarb plant in the back yard, that produces easily 4 pies worth (strawberry/rhubarb) every year.
I had not ever had it before, but some friends were up our first summer, and since we had all the ingredients, our friends wanted to make a couple of pies for us.

It is one of my favorite pies now, right up there with Pear Pie. I don't really care for the texture of pears, but fresh pears, picked when ready to drop, and kitchen ripened just a few days, have the texture more like an apple, but has all the pear flavor. I did not know it could be like that. Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are amazing.

I can remember having Rhubarb pie as a youth. Always had to shovel on the sugar !

I can remember having Rhubarb pie as a youth. Always had to shovel on the sugar !

Some is supposed to be put into the pie, but depends on when your youth was and how ripe the strawberries were :laughing7: If there were any!
We moved in end of December - the back yard was a mud bowl, lose your shoes in the sloppy mud kind of yard and one of the first things after it thawed out and we saw what our back yard really looked like, we came up with a plan for what we wanted. It included fruit trees, raised gardens, blueberries, strawberries, and a chicken coop for eggs. Planted the fruit trees the early the first spring, and had a great fruit crop this past fall (1-1/2 years after planting small trees).

If you have had fresh picked strawberries, right out of the field, early in the morning, when the fruit is still cold, and red clear through;
(and like strawberries) Then you know there is no comparison between that and any store bought one.

Eggs are the same way. Give the chickens the things they need in their diet, and you can experience eggs that are unlike any store bought ones.
Organic comes close in a pinch, but nothing like fresh from your own yard.

We just have a residential lot, so restricted a bit. Its been a lot of work, but is coming along pretty good.
We like spending time outside. Sounds of birds, cool breeze, warm sun, BBQs - Southwestern Idaho weather is good for this.
Shorter winters than Central and Northern parts of the state.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Morning Simon, Dutch.

Gotta take Sadie out then feed her. B B

Good Morning / Good night
ARC, Rook

Don't mean to abandon ship, but need a bit of shut eye. Arrrggg.

See ya Simon ,idahodutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back