The surf GODS were good to me

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Met up with a few guys yesterday... Some old, some new.... Started out with breakfast in another state, and made some chit chat and a plan of attack... Headed to the water and changed our mind on that area quickly because of all the sand... Went a mile up the road, and turned out to be the correct choice... Started out in an area that was supposed to hold a big lost diamond, but no luck in recovering that one...I wandered on over to my friend that had found the first gold of the day, and found myself in rocks about 50 feet away from him....YAY..... I started to get a few older coins, a few Wheaties and a silver dime, then I got a huge clunk in the bottom of my scoop... I was simply amazed, I had my first huge GOLD Ring of the day... It was a nice High School ring... Not 5 minutes later another Gold ring, this time a 585 Wedding Band.....OK, I started to get a little more serious... I slowed to a crawl, and yet another ring so deep in the rocks, it took me 20 minutes to locate and retrieve it... it was as deep as my knees in the rocks..It was black, and showed hints of gold...I was thinking it may be brass.. After cleaning it at home, it was stamped 10 K...wow another great day so far... Its not over yet... I managed 8 rings total yesterday...There were a total of 15 found by all of us... I had yet 2 other rings that looked like brass or copper and they looked to be cheap rings like you would get in a bubble gum machine... They were the kind that when I looked closer at them at home they were NOT adjustable rings at all...They were cracked or broken bands that had been stepped on over time... One was marked 10 K and the other tested for 10 K... So always check these little junk rings you never know... 5 Gold rings in a single hunt is just plain crazy... I also had 3 very nice Sterling rings yesterday in that bunch...A Signet Ring, A Boys Scout Ring, and a 1953 High School Ring... The best part of the day was making some great NEW friends... Thanks for looking... October 5 2013 (8).JPG Ring 79.JPG Ring 80.JPG Ring 81.JPG Ring 82.JPG Ring 83.JPG

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Amazing! Congrats! :hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:

You must be really enjoying yourself...that older stuff is always the more interesting.

10K gold does have a tendency to tarnish over longer time periods.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Sweet!....I've had 5 ring days but never 5 gold ring days.... any chance you have before cleaning pictures of the gold rings?

Congrats on a good decision to change beaches and a great hunt.

Cliff

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Always some Amazing Treasure, I enjoy reading and seeing your post as much as finding treasure myself....:icon_thumright:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Wow what a great day and post. Please show us the Sterling rings after you clean them up.

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! :thumbsup: When are y'all hitting that beach again?

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHYDAH You smashed it ! That's a hunt that will be hard to beat.
I like when they come out all crusty .

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Wow what a great day and post. Please show us the Sterling rings after you clean them up.
Here are the Sterling Rings after cleaning... Cleaned Sterling.jpg Uncleaned Rings.jpg

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sweet!....I've had 5 ring days but never 5 gold ring days.... any chance you have before cleaning pictures of the gold rings?

Congrats on a good decision to change beaches and a great hunt.

Cliff
Cliff, pictures of un cleaned rings below in post...

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Now that sure does show how bad those gold ones were.... Nice job on the clean up of both the gold and silver....
Thanks for the extra pictures.

Cliff

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
The surf GODS were good to me

That's because we like you... 8-) Keep it up, and perhaps an offering, every now & again...

surf30_laird_hamilton.jpg

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go again....cleaning up the beaches! What are we going to do with you? :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Is the school ring from Coventry High? Can you trace the owner? Just asking...

Really, really nice finds as usual! Someday WE have to go hunting together! You find the prettiest things!

HH,
Anita

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
There is a host of valuable information in this post. :thumbsup:
Bigscoop, I am still learning the ropes myself... :) but thanks for the compliment my friend...:happysmiley:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Love your posts, Whydah!:headbang:

Mega congratulations on those gorgeous finds!

The "Sacred Heart" ring is beautiful!:headbang:

Keep "em comin'!

Lorraine

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day we had.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::skullflag:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and great hunt. Your on a roll and when I see you have a new post up I know Im going to see some nice finds. Those old rings are amazing...congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread