The Ultimate Treasure Hunting Vehicle

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Vinny: You already posted this elsewhere! It has nothing to do with the post. Looks like you are trying to kill another post.

ddbowdoin

Aug 30, 2010
Boston, MA
unlimited funds... so easy its unreal. 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Step two: quadratec or 4wd.com and buy an unlimited bevi of upgrades and accessories and you have something just short of a military grade vehicle. After upgrading tires/wheels/suspenion lifts, drivetrain adjustments, comparentment armorment, etc etc etc you are looking at an 70K vehicle. BUT... it can take you ANYWHERE, period.

ddbowdoin

Aug 30, 2010
Boston, MA
The Raven said:
If I had to be self contained...right here is all I would need..solar, water filtration...all it needs is to be hybrid powered to be perfect...http://www.earthroamer.com/tab_xpedition_vehicles/xvjp1_overview.html
img_9414_master_std.jpg

why ruin a rubicon with all that crap! they chug gas, so you have 3 jerrry cans ready to go

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm satisfied with my nissan pathfinder - been through shallow rivers, streams, wagon trails - it's never let me down. I'd keep her....if I find a really super good spot, lay the seats down, inflate the air matress and sleep in the back. Tons of room to haul anything I find, gear, 3-4 days food water, it's the perfect vehicle imo.

B

Bev

Hey, even Santa drives a JEEP!!

Attachments

• A Jeep Cherokee Christmas small copy.jpg
    A Jeep Cherokee Christmas small copy.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,549

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
why not just re-do a Bradley or an Abrams? If you go fast enough, you can ford a deep mudhole.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I know most of you will think I'm being silly or just plain ridiculous but I had a '92 Geo Tracker 4X4 for about 3 years and I tried to get that little thing stuck and only managed to 1 time. I took that thing places that all my buddies with the lift kits and huge tires wouldn't even try. It was so light it just wouldn't sink, lol. Even if I don't win the lottery I will probably get another one some day if I find one in decent condition.

HH Charlie

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
How many times do I have to tell you guys? This vehicle gets you there in comfort, serves as a comfortable basecamp for a week or more and can tow in a beach buggy or Rokon 2wd cycle so you can fan out from the basecamp. What more can you ask for? Its got a 305HP diesel and 4WD. and it's only 22 1/2' long. Cost about $60K nicely equipped. It is apply named the xplorer xcursion.

Attachments

• MN300.jpg
    MN300.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 300MH.jpg
    300MH.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 984
  • MN300.jpg
    MN300.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 962
  • 300MH.jpg
    300MH.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 959

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll choose the treasure site and race you there!

Attachments

• Cruising offshore.JPG
    Cruising offshore.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 879

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
You have a good point there! Years back I was looking at a 40' Cargile houseboat. It had a 3" thick fiberglass hull and the bow was like an LST, you could pull right up to the beach. It had a Merc cruiser inboard/outboard. The price was right, but the timing in my life was off. I missed out. So I kind of envy you in a way. You look like you two are enjoying life and thats whats it's all about!

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Absolutely! Treasure Hunting from the back porch is awesome. The wife is healing from a fall right now but as soon as she is able we are heading back out to dive, snorkel and detect. Even when you find nothing at all it is a great day. I just got my best detector back from the repair shop and am getting antsy to go try it out. Hopefully we will be back out around the first of the new year.

Attachments

• Sunrise across the River.jpg
    Sunrise across the River.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 765

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greydigger said:
Naw, those were 4 hoofed drives.
This is a 2 hoofed drive.
thats funny :thumbsup:

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Dodge Xcursion is pretty sweet. We use the poor man's version. 100HP of pavement blistering 22R Toyota. Reliable as it gets though.
toyhome.jpg

If the going gets rough out comes this.
Land Cruiser 80: Because somebody has to recover the Jeeps. :laughing7:
lx.jpg

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn that is one sweet ride . we used to have a 32 ft rv . i would take yours anyday .

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
This would have to be a contender for me

Global Expedition Vehicles - UXV-500

Attachments

• UXV-550.jpg
    UXV-550.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,149

Top Member Reactions