What's new

The Ultimate Treasure Hunting Vehicle

N.J.THer said:
That EarthRoamer has a $110K price tag...wow.

Ain't NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jeep worth $110K.
 
Vinny: You already posted this elsewhere! It has nothing to do with the post. Looks like you are trying to kill another post.
​
 
unlimited funds... so easy its unreal. 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Step two: quadratec or 4wd.com and buy an unlimited bevi of upgrades and accessories and you have something just short of a military grade vehicle. After upgrading tires/wheels/suspenion lifts, drivetrain adjustments, comparentment armorment, etc etc etc you are looking at an 70K vehicle. BUT... it can take you ANYWHERE, period.
 
The Raven said:
If I had to be self contained...right here is all I would need..solar, water filtration...all it needs is to be hybrid powered to be perfect...http://www.earthroamer.com/tab_xpedition_vehicles/xvjp1_overview.html
img_9414_master_std.jpg

why ruin a rubicon with all that crap! they chug gas, so you have 3 jerrry cans ready to go
 
i love my yamaha rhino , it will go just about anywere, and i can pack a lot of gear . :thumbsup:
 
I'm satisfied with my nissan pathfinder - been through shallow rivers, streams, wagon trails - it's never let me down. I'd keep her....if I find a really super good spot, lay the seats down, inflate the air matress and sleep in the back. Tons of room to haul anything I find, gear, 3-4 days food water, it's the perfect vehicle imo.
 
Hey, even Santa drives a JEEP!!
 

Attachments

  • A Jeep Cherokee Christmas small copy.webp
    A Jeep Cherokee Christmas small copy.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,566
why not just re-do a Bradley or an Abrams? If you go fast enough, you can ford a deep mudhole.
 
I know most of you will think I'm being silly or just plain ridiculous but I had a '92 Geo Tracker 4X4 for about 3 years and I tried to get that little thing stuck and only managed to 1 time. I took that thing places that all my buddies with the lift kits and huge tires wouldn't even try. It was so light it just wouldn't sink, lol. Even if I don't win the lottery I will probably get another one some day if I find one in decent condition.

HH Charlie
 
How many times do I have to tell you guys? This vehicle gets you there in comfort, serves as a comfortable basecamp for a week or more and can tow in a beach buggy or Rokon 2wd cycle so you can fan out from the basecamp. What more can you ask for? Its got a 305HP diesel and 4WD. and it's only 22 1/2' long. Cost about $60K nicely equipped. It is apply named the xplorer xcursion.
​
 

Attachments

  • MN300.webp
    MN300.webp
    25 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 300MH.webp
    300MH.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 998
  • MN300.webp
    MN300.webp
    25 KB · Views: 978
  • 300MH.webp
    300MH.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 976
I'll choose the treasure site and race you there!
 

Attachments

  • Cruising offshore.webp
    Cruising offshore.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 894
You have a good point there! Years back I was looking at a 40' Cargile houseboat. It had a 3" thick fiberglass hull and the bow was like an LST, you could pull right up to the beach. It had a Merc cruiser inboard/outboard. The price was right, but the timing in my life was off. I missed out. So I kind of envy you in a way. You look like you two are enjoying life and thats whats it's all about!
​
 
:laughing9: Absolutely! Treasure Hunting from the back porch is awesome. The wife is healing from a fall right now but as soon as she is able we are heading back out to dive, snorkel and detect. Even when you find nothing at all it is a great day. I just got my best detector back from the repair shop and am getting antsy to go try it out. Hopefully we will be back out around the first of the new year.
 

Attachments

  • Sunrise across the River.webp
    Sunrise across the River.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 787
greydigger said:
Naw, those were 4 hoofed drives.
This is a 2 hoofed drive.
thats funny :thumbsup:
 
That Dodge Xcursion is pretty sweet. We use the poor man's version. 100HP of pavement blistering 22R Toyota. Reliable as it gets though.
toyhome.jpg

If the going gets rough out comes this.
Land Cruiser 80: Because somebody has to recover the Jeeps. :laughing7:
lx.jpg
 
Frankn that is one sweet ride . we used to have a 32 ft rv . i would take yours anyday .
 
This would have to be a contender for me

Global Expedition Vehicles - UXV-500
 

Attachments

  • UXV-550.webp
    UXV-550.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,166

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom