The Ultimate Treasure Hunting Vehicle

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Dgerst, a friend of mine had one of those toys. It got great milage and served him well. The only problem with them was some early versions had rear axle problems but there was a recall and Toyota footed the bill. They should all be alright by now.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
sasnz said:
This would have to be a contender for me

Global Expedition Vehicles - UXV-500

That thing would be very intimidating parked in front of the local tot lot. Might even run off the competiton if you are lucky!

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frakn,
Yeah the early model Toyhomes without full-floating axles were prone to snapping and recalled. One needs to check for that when looking for one. Ours has the replaced axle. We love the truck. 15MPG from KS to AZ and back. Chugged right up the mountain passes albeit at 35MPH on the steepest parts. Never even got close to hot though even with the dash A/C on.

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
I'd say personally, a good surplus military Hmmwv (hummer). Not to be confused with the thing you can buy in a dealership. I drove one of these regularly in the Marines and can attest that they will go just about anywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions