What's new

These always amaze me

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,252
Reaction score
207,178
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Out for a hunt today and this little guy climbed up onto my glove and had little ride.
IMG_20171021_152605667.webpIMG_20171021_152706219.webp
 
Hitch hiking must’ve been on his bucket list. Cool pics!
 
They really are an interesting bug. Not sure how many insects can turn their head from side-to-side to look at you
 
Grandfather used to take two match sticks and box with them. He always told us though, that if they spit in your eye it would blind you.
 
If I had to be a bug for a day, that might just be the one - Nice shot !
 
I love mantis'

do they bite if you pick them up?
 
I've always been fascinated with the Praying Mantis... but man do they ever freak me out! :laughing7:

Dave

PS. When are you going to post this great '53 US LC you found yesterday? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20171021_161428256-crop.webp
    IMG_20171021_161428256-crop.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
t_r.gif
photo_camera.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE PHOTOGRAPHS PepperJ :..
Thanks for sharing!​
 
I love mantis'

do they bite if you pick them up?
Folks say they do, but so would anything being threatened I imagine. I had this one on my bare hand back half dozen yrs ago. It didn't want to leave the warmth of the skin as it just sat there quite content. When I brought over to the brush it would just want crawl into the hand again.
IMG_4642.webp
 
I've always been fascinated with the Praying Mantis... but man do they ever freak me out! :laughing7:

Dave

PS. When are you going to post this great '53 US LC you found yesterday? :icon_scratch:

Thanks Dave

I think the photo does it justice as it's just another burnt looking copper from the fields.
 
They really are an interesting bug. Not sure how many insects can turn their head from side-to-side to look at you

They've just the cool factor written all over them. Always said that Hollywood must of used the insect world for their ideas about alien life.:)
 
Hitch hiking must’ve been on his bucket list. Cool pics!

It was one of those moments in detecting where I stopped and looked down and said hello to it, and asked what it was doing in the middle of a bean field?
IMG_20171021_144852366.webp
 
If I had to be a bug for a day, that might just be the one - Nice shot !

Thanks

You could be this one that was flying over me while I was detecting.
IMG_20171021_164224805.webp
 
They are ancient looking. Good close up picture.
 
They are ancient looking. Good close up picture.

I love the way they tilt their heads sometimes while I have a chat up with them.:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom