What's new

They pulled my wisdom teeth!

French Creek hunter

Full Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the title says,they pulled my wisdom teeth,four in fact. It isn't that bad now,I can eat apple sauce,pudding and scrambled eggs. Which I had for dinner strangely enough. But when I was waiting for the oral surgeon to come into the room, I was high as a kite on velum. With my eyes going cross and having dizzy spells. But what was interesting was the sleeping medicine..
I was laid back in the chair,and a tall block was put in between my upper and lower jaw. My eyes were covered with a blue cloth to prevent from the light from blinding me and I sat there starring at the cloth and then I was gone. It wasn't the same as usual surgeries that I have had in the past. Usually I know that I drifted off,but this time it was like I went out like a blown light would do. Then I woke up, wide awake, which usually doesn't happen. I could walk without support and was able to walk to the car.
I had a really dry mouth and wanted some water,but my parents didn't think it would be wise to take out the gauze that soaked up my blood and saliva, which mainly caused the dryness. Once I got home I had some water and from the long curvy ride home, I was a little motion sick,or so I thought. I was tired and pretty bloody,having to change the gauzes every few hours. I was soon able to eat a milkshake surprisingly with my numbed mouth and numbed outer chin.
I was still feeling affects of nauseousness and when ever I walked, I felt pretty close to barfing. So after awhile of going into stage 2 of sleep, I finally went to my room and slept for 5 hours. I soon took 4 Advil and my nauseousness went away in 30 minutes. So my point is, is that doctor prescribed pain medication should be taken with not much enthusiasm that it's going to work. :laughing7:
But I'm doing a lot better and I am able to close my mouth and eat many soft foods. :headbang:
 
Re: Topic Title.

Now you will be as dumb as me having lost my wisdom teeth 30 years ago. Welcome, Friend! :notworthy:

Best,
Scott

PS. When my work was done, I got a script for percodans! :hello2:
 
Thanks,it's a strange event that you have to go through in your life. Still wonder how they got those teeth out of my small mouth,lol.
AU24K said:
Re: Topic Title.

Now you will be as dumb as me having lost my wisdom teeth 30 years ago. Welcome, Friend! :notworthy:

Best,
Scott

PS. When my work was done, I got a script for percodans! :hello2:
 
I had all 4 of mine pulled 25 years ago (3 were growing in sideways.) Best $800 I ever spent. (Thank you, Dr. Salmon!) Like you, I blinked and it was over, no dreamy time while under. Didn't get any painkillers afterward, but my jaw muscles ached from having my mouth opened wide. Stayed away from carbonated stuff until the stitches came out (was more scared of 'drysocket' than anything.) You'll be miserable for a few days, but it'll be worth it.... :wink:

Still wonder how they got those teeth out of my small mouth,lol.

Same here (but I really don't want to know.)
 
Been there, had that done, went back to work afterwards . . . decided that was a really bad move. :tongue3:
 
I feel your pain. Hope you are doing better now.

I had to have mine out - many, many years ago - still used ether - and all three of my kids had to have theirs removed. They inherited the "double set" of teeth from me - double set of wisdom teeth, and double set of eye teeth. It fixed the teeth for my boys, but, my daughter had to have braces afterwards, hers didn't straighten up. (they said just about 6 months, which turned into 3 years and lots of $$$$$).


But, all three (and me, too) found out it was much better without the wisdom teeth.

Beth
 
I am 70 years old. All my life dentists have told me I MUST have my wisdom teeth pulled. I have never had any real problems with them. Last year, dentists told me I needed to have my wisdom teeth pulled. This is less than smart. I am supposed to go through the stress and expense of a number of extractions when I am 70 years old, for something that has never caused me problems? Let us not be ridiculous.

Plus I know several kinfolk who obediently and mindlessly had it done, and suffer pains and hearing problems because of it. They say, don't do it unless there are real problems.

I think it's a boat payment trick for dentists when there are no real problems.
 
I think they do it more than they used to today than what they did in the past. I believe it's because people get their wisdom teeth coming in and denied the surgery and their nice straight teeth start to move and turn crookedly. Another reason is that your wisdom teeth can dig into the nerves in your jaw and cause hearing issues,headaches,mouth aches,ect.
I don't seem to have any problems and my parents haven't had any problems,I may never know if having my wisdom teeth out helped or made things worse. :dontknow:

piegrande said:
I am 70 years old. All my life dentists have told me I MUST have my wisdom teeth pulled. I have never had any real problems with them. Last year, dentists told me I needed to have my wisdom teeth pulled. This is less than smart. I am supposed to go through the stress and expense of a number of extractions when I am 70 years old, for something that has never caused me problems? Let us not be ridiculous.

Plus I know several kinfolk who obediently and mindlessly had it done, and suffer pains and hearing problems because of it. They say, don't do it unless there are real problems.

I think it's a boat payment trick for dentists when there are no real problems.
 
I believe the reasons for having them out which you listed are correct. But, I have had no such problems. The fact I am 70 years old with no complaints from wisdom teeth makes them look like a bunch of nuts, IMO.

And, as I said, family members did have problems from pulling them, and they had them pulled with no problems.

Looks like, as I said, mostly a boat payment trick, when the person has no problems in the first place.
 
Never had any wisdom teeth the Dr said when I was young.
Guess that's why I am dumb as a box of hammers.
Grey
 
Worst pain I've ever had (besides kidney stone) is having my tonsils removed at 45. Felt like I'd been kicked in the neck by a horse, serious pain for over a week, no pills could touch it.
 
True,I didn't have any problems. But life is life ya know? But my parents spent probably $10,000 dollars to straighten my jaw and pretty much all of my teeth. Plus I get 2 cleanings every year. I've had 2 sets a braces,2 retainers,and a re-tractor or what ever it was called.


piegrande said:
I believe the reasons for having them out which you listed are correct. But, I have had no such problems. The fact I am 70 years old with no complaints from wisdom teeth makes them look like a bunch of nuts, IMO.

And, as I said, family members did have problems from pulling them, and they had them pulled with no problems.

Looks like, as I said, mostly a boat payment trick, when the person has no problems in the first place.
 
Now, imagine having your jaw wired for 6 months and not being able to eat solid food for another 12 months...

Sucks...all food was blended and sucked thru a straw...

Almost puke when someone mentions potato soup...
 
That's kind of ironic because my Mother is making me potato soup right now! That would suck,suck,suck. I want my protein bars back! An chips!

stefen said:
Now, imagine having your jaw wired for 6 months and not being able to eat solid food for another 12 months...

Sucks...all food was blended and sucked thru a straw...

Almost puke when someone mentions potato soup...
 
Looks like I'm gonna have to get an upper molar yanked here in the next week or so...

I am so NOT looking forward to it... :-\

Best,
Scott
 
FrenchCreekHunter,

I firmly believe that the time it takes to "straighten" teeth with an orthodontist is directly related to what kind of car he is planning to buy. :dontknow: :headbang: ;D ;D

Beth
 
So true! My one dentist has a pretty nice ride! You should always get your teeth cleaned and corrected,I'm glad I have parents who care what I look like. ;D


mrs.oroblanco said:
FrenchCreekHunter,

I firmly believe that the time it takes to "straighten" teeth with an orthodontist is directly related to what kind of car he is planning to buy. :dontknow: :headbang: ;D ;D

Beth
 
Novacaine is a miracle drug. The only thing I ever feel is the needle.

Good idea to pull the Wisdom teeth if its crowded.
 
I had mine pulled in the Navy,dang Dr. Broke my jaw bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless Chris
 
bigcypresshunter said:
Novacaine is a miracle drug. The only thing I ever feel is the needle.

Good idea to pull the Wisdom teeth if its crowded.

Perhaps, but at age 69+ it is sort of nonsense to worry about things like that which is my main point. In some cases, at certain ages, they even stop surgery for prostate cancer because they aren't going to die of the cancer anyway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom