What's new

this is differnt

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this thinking at first it was a bone pin.. Turns out its pottery the only place it's broken is on the wide end unfortunately it's broken...
The rest of it has been shaped and also looks like it's been burnished.. A neat way to basically polish pottery.
This coming from the same place I found a pottery plummet in the past.

ForumRunner_20140814_194058.webp



ForumRunner_20140814_194117.webp



ForumRunner_20140814_194132.webp
 
Upvote 0
Me either.
It makes me think of a hairpin
 
I always like finding the odd/different stuff. Cool artifact!
 
Thanks..that's me...odd/different
 
I wonder if it couldn't of been a toggle pin type of thing. Maybe the other end had a hook or bulb to hold in place. But then again pottery isn't strong
 
Yeah I'm thinking it pretty much had to be a pendant or something it would not have been strong at all here's that plummet from the same spot.. There's been several very different and interesting things from there I'm thinking maybe it was a hairpin at one time

704223d1347554521t-since-i-joined-t-net-forumrunner_20121123_183318.webp
 
True a hair pin wouldn't have to be heavy or strong
 
Cool artifact GB, I have no ideas on what it is, but would also love to know. Awesome looking plummet too! Must be an exciting place to hunt, with unusual finds like that turning up. What type of points do you find there, or do you have an estimated age for that site. I have heard that pottery in the Southeast could be considerably older than it is up here in the mid Atlantic. HH
 
Thanks ...finds from that site have dated from middle archaic all the way to contact.
Stemmed points to triangles.. Including trade items from the 1600's
 
Last edited:
Haha.. Normal is boring
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom