What's new

This is not my usual forum but have a question...

MT_Joe

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2013
Messages
750
Reaction score
309
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
My friend found the following as a child in Neosho, MO in 1975 or so. His Dad had burned some rubbish and he was playing with his GI Joe (with kung foo grip) in the ashes a few days later and found it. He was asking me about it, but I told him you folks would have a better idea. Thanks!
IMG_20131130_212828(1).webp
IMG_20131130_212820.webp
 
Upvote 0
It could be called a couple of things. Possibly an adze used for light chopping or a scrapper used for well you know or even a pre form that was being reduced down into another shape. I would vote a hand adze and a very nice prehistoric tool at that. Loved that little guy with the kung fu grip!
Hope this helps google maybe hand adzes for more examples.
HH
TnMtns
 
Tnm nailed it down tight! Nice artifact, rock
 
Cool story on finding the artifact.

I'd lean toward a crude blade, or preform on that piece myself.
 
I agree with TN it is possible to be a few things I like those pieces nice find !!!!!
 
Very nice find:icon_thumleft:I go along with the others it could be a preform for a point also.
 
Looks like the maker of this piece was really struggling with the material or perhaps was in a manufacturing rush. Really like these crude pieces myself....they tell a story.
 
Thanks for all the input!
 
looks like they were made for digging...:thumbsup:. Would be a couple of keepers for any of us.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom