This place I call Home

Attachments

• springtime_003.jpg
    springtime_003.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,354
The spring pics are gorgeous. God truly created a beautiful world for us to live in and He stuck you in an incredible spot!!

The shadow stone is really interesting! Someone went to a lot of work to place that so high in the wall. What does the shadow point to? Is it like the pack mule in that it is just pointing out that you are still on the trail?

Great pics Thom,

I have to say that the scenery there sure beats the area that I'm in....no comparison.

Tom

Just look at the reflection of the trees in the water.......Beautiful

regards Unicorn (Shirley)

Thom, Not only do I receive an education when I read your post but also I get to see a slice of the country that I have always wanted to spend time in. And how magnificent it is! Thanks for sharing...Steve

Steve,
I enjoy your posts as well.
Here is what we have for terrain closer to home and outside the irrigated part of the valley.

You can even see an old Spanish mule trail cutting through .

Attachments

• J_Site_terrain.jpg
    J_Site_terrain.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,288
Another beautiful shot and then I noticed your signature line for the first time and just cracked up! That is a good one!

Thank you Thom......I have always thought of my name as being old fashioned, you don't hear of it much any more. Yes I would very much like a picture of the "Reflections" thank you. I will write you a wee note after "tea". You know everything stops for tea over here. ;D ::)

regards Shirley

This is my first post to treasure net forum although I have read the forum posts here everyday for many, many years.

You might ask yourself what then would promt me to post now?

Well, Old Dog, I was born at Mesa Memorial Hospital In 1957 and lived in Grand Junction until 1969. My family has raised peaches in the valley below Mt. Garfield on the Colorado river for over 100 years and still does so today. I lived on Red Measa Heights next door to Colorado National Monument and attended the Redlands elementary school on it's doorstep as a child.

What was nice was to hear someone talk about a place that they love which inspires them and to see photos of the places I explored as a child. Photos of places that have inspired me and my family for well over 100years.

My academic background is geological engineering and my lifes work has been to protect, conserve, and to cleanup our environment. Those values were discovered by me as child living, learning, and exploring in Grand Junction, Colorado.

Thank you Old Dog for reminding me where it is I come from!!!

Panchosportal

WELCOME HOME !!

And welcome to T_Net

Feel free to email
and keep posting here
You won't find a sweeter bunch of people on the web anywhere !

Thom

I too am new to posting on this site Ponchosortal. Like you I have been reading the posts and doing nothing about it. I am not even a TH really, except if you call trawling for antiques TH. But there is also a thread for that on this site, this is what makes it so diverse. Maybe now that we have started posting it will become much easier to do. Good Luck anyhow.

regards Unicorn

Shirley,

There is a treasure for every person large or small.
antique furniture is a great treasure and one close to my heart.

I am a maker of fine furniture and a student of the OLD period masters.
My favorite old maker is Duncan Pfyfe, with several others running a race for second.

Yes that is definitely something to herald as treasure.
You qualify... LOL

Thom

tesoro dog said:
Thom! MAGNIFICO!!!!! The things that God made for us. TD

Hey Tony,

Good to see you,
Yes I agree, What a place he gave me to enjoy.
Some places are so extraordinarily beautiful you can feel like you have suddenly walked into a church.

Thom

An old worn out looking Spanish face, pointing across the canyon.

Attachments

• J_Site_Face.jpg
    J_Site_Face.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,190
Loving all the pics keep them comming! It is absolutly more beautiful each and everyone!

Thanks Evy,
This thread has been one of the most fun things I have done all winter.
It has almost taken on a life of it's own...

Here is an opening we found that has monuments all over it.
the most prominent is the giant alligator that stands up on the right side of the cave.

Attachments

• J_Site_aligator.jpg
    J_Site_aligator.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 476

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back