Attachments

• 1976 005.JPG
    1976 005.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 1976 002.JPG
    1976 002.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
I don't do CRH to sell, just for fun and to keepa pile.
If I were to sell my regular 40%ers, I'd keep the Bicentennial just because it's NIFC (i think) because they did not release 40% bicentennials from mint sets.
Just a thought!
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

40% clad? Did you mean clad proof?

Anyway, the flawed planchet is pretty cool looking.
HH,
legend

Legend, it is 40% silver clad.....mintage was 11 million.

The flawed planchet is actually missing some metal.....like a tiny crack thru the rim...

cdickrun64 said:
Legend, it is 40% silver clad.....mintage was 11 million.

The flawed planchet is actually missing some metal.....like a tiny crack thru the rim...

I don't hear about the silver bicen. found very often, and being UNC, I would definately put it in a flip if it were mine. Nice score! :thumbsup:
Heck, I would keep the flawed planchet as well 8)

HH,
Legend

I'm confused.... I thought clad mant non silver ???

Is it 40% or clad or am I just conused?

the 40% silver halves are sometimes referred to as "silver clad" since they have copper in them.

Nice find on that silver '76 I've found not a single one in 3 years of looking. That's a keeper!

Any 40%er is worth keeping

A 76-S 40%er circulated would be worth just as much as a 65-70 40%er. I remember at a coin show years back some guy was buying 40%ers and he had bags full of 65-69's. In the bag, I saw a 76-S 40%er. They're not treated as any different if circulated.

Silver clad because there are three layers (thus the "clad")

from wiki
"The first clad half dollars, with an outer layer of 80% silver and the 20% copper bonded to an inner layer of 21% silver and the remainder copper, were struck at the Denver Mint on December 30, 1965."

I put the 40% bicentennial half in a 2x2 flip, along with the flawed planchet 73-d. Might be putting the flawed planchet on ebay,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back