thrift store Barber Dime!

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It Never hurts to check the pockets of old looking articles of clothing!!

ForumRunner_20130812_162255.png

ForumRunner_20130812_162425.png

ForumRunner_20130812_162557.png

Last edited:
Very nice. I will do the same at yard sales sometimes if no one's looking. The best one, a lady had a 14 karat gold angel pin at a yard sale and she wanted $30for it. I wasn't going to pay that but I look at her jackets in the same exact pin was on One of her old jackets. I looked at the pin sure enough 14 K i took it off the rack asked her how much you wanted for the jacket, she said one dollar!! I kept the pin and drop the jacket off at Goodwill!

My husband bought out a huge estate of some old man's clothes on hopes of finding money. The family wanted $10 for two whole closets full of clothing. There was nothing in there. But we got the little card from donating them so it was worth it. Keep searching that's an awesome find!

I actually showed the coin to the owner..and said "do I pay extra for the dime?" She laughed and said no keep it.

wow thats cool what a lucky guy

Its funny how things happen.
I was just contemplating the day before About purchasing coin rolls From a little small town local liquor store.. I figured There's some people out there Who would pay with any coins they could get thier hands on.
I decided against it.... I used to be one of those. Thank god that's over.
This thrift store is run by two sweet old women that are very religious.
The name of the store is Holy Family thrift.
A portion goes to a local charity.. I made a $5 donation that she said I didn't have to do because of the coin... I smiled and told her... it has nothing to do with the coin.

Last edited:
She took down my name and number.. and will call me if they find any old coins in the clothing... Jewelry Boxes Etc..

Never know where silver will show up.. Congrats on the find.

Thanks.. great day.

It was.
It was a donation of clothing from the family of a man who passed away.. though I don't think the coat was quite that old it could have easily been a 20 or thirty year old coin when put in the pocket.

Ill wear your granddads clothes
I look incredible
from that thrift shop down the road

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back