Thursdays evenings finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Back to the fields nearest the castle for this evening, as we have limited time after work.. stubble now disked and drying quickly, which adds a new dimension to recovering finds, the clods are sometimes to hard to break, so I get to bring home “mystery” clods to soak 😆 xx

This field had a lot of lead… and buttons… we got another bird livery button , some bits… a thimble and spoon handle, lead…. more bits, another wheel…buttons… my coin tonight is a bit crusty, but with the right light I think I see the silhouette of George 3rd (1730 ish)… but the prize today goes to himself who found our first Roman from this area … so supper chuffed with that! xx

Last day at work today before our week off to detect 10 days straight…. Beyond excited! xx

IMG_8543.jpeg
IMG_8544.jpeg
IMG_8545.jpeg
IMG_8546.jpeg
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8548.jpeg
IMG_8549.jpeg
IMG_8551.jpeg
IMG_8532.png
IMG_8533.png
IMG_8538.jpeg
IMG_8541.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 32

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking Roman, certainly has lots of detail. So a congrats to himself on the recovery.:hello2:
The wheel is a cool find, something we don't get a lot of in my digs.
It looks like the end off a lead stylus, now you can record himself's bronze description. :)
10 days of digging in the dirt looking for treasures-oh lucky you!
Best of luck to the both of you, I hope you really do dig a treasure or 2.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Great looking Roman, certainly has lots of detail. So a congrats to himself on the recovery.:hello2:
The wheel is a cool find, something we don't get a lot of in my digs.
It looks like the end off a lead stylus, now you can record himself's bronze description. :)
10 days of digging in the dirt looking for treasures-oh lucky you!
Best of luck to the both of you, I hope you really do dig a treasure or 2.
Thanks Peps!!! We knew if we searched long enough we would find a Roman Coin this side of our lands!!! 😆

Hopefully now he has found a roman… he will agree to going back in the river… … I will have to be even more charming than usual to get him to acquiesce tho i feel …. 😬… 😂 xx

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Roman-ly chuffed!
That's another great hunt then.
Congrats you two.
Great digs.

A stout piece of board and a mallet or round of wood dragged along would break those relic holding clods right in the field. Maybe a finger or two too. And a relic or three.(Nevermind l.o.l..)

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Roman-ly chuffed!
That's another great hunt then.
Congrats you two.
Great digs.

A stout piece of board and a mallet or round of wood dragged along would break those relic holding clods right in the field. Maybe a finger or two too. And a relic or three.(Nevermind l.o.l..)
great plan… RC (as ever) will get Himself to steady the clod… while I swing the hammer 😆 xx 🤕 😂😂

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course not RC…!! 😆.. just a wholesome mix of uk soil nd a wee nugget of a metal based product 😂 xx
And todays offer is an 800 kilo clod from near the castle that may be a cannon , or tractor.
Either could provide the detectorist hours of entertainment at home.
Shipping should be a trifle under 7500 lbs. in advance as a reserved container bound for the Americas awaits in port.
Don't delay ,bid today!

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
And todays offer is an 800 kilo clod from near the castle that may be a cannon , or tractor.
Either could provide the detectorist hours of entertainment at home.
Shipping should be a trifle under 7500 lbs. in advance as a reserved container bound for the Americas awaits in port.
Don't delay ,bid today!
RC.. u are hired as my head of marketing 😆… ur penmanship is quite remarkable… !! Welcome to the team… i feel its only a matter of tjme before this plan is off the ground.. so to speak 😆 xx 😂😂

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread