tips on dues xp any ?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I've read,or seen (Lots of you tube videos) that say it's hard to improve on the factory programs. Most claim they just set it on a pre set program and go!

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be looking forward to your reviews on it. Definitely want to know your initial impressions!

I'm looking at getting one too. My dealer says it's really pretty simple to learn and it performs great!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The dealer I talked to said the trash separation is even better than the ATP! I can't see how any MD could do this better,but it would be a great machine if it does!:thumbsup: The dealer also said that the XP Dues won't hunt in water over 1 foot deep! Seems the signal from the coil doesn't travel through the water very well? He told me not to be throwing the ATP under the bus,too soon,and to not trade it off:laughing7: The main things I like about it are,the weight 1.9lbs,the recovery speed,it is really fast,and the wireless head phones. I hate the cord on my headphones!:BangHead: The least impressive feature is the wireless coilhead,a wire from the coil to the control box,means nothing to me,plus this is why the machine gets low marks in water/beach/surf hunting. I tend to "jump" on the latest/greatest things fast,but I'm gonna take my time on this one. Watch a bunch of you tube videos. There's lot's of information out there on this machine,and what it will,and won't do. I know one reviewer said his Mine Lab e trac would find silver deeper,and better that his XP?:dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dealer I talked to said the trash separation is even better than the ATP! I can't see how any MD could do this better,but it would be a great machine if it does!:thumbsup: The dealer also said that the XP Dues won't hunt in water over 1 foot deep! Seems the signal from the coil doesn't travel through the water very well? He told me not to be throwing the ATP under the bus,too soon,and to not trade it off:laughing7: The main things I like about it are,the weight 1.9lbs,the recovery speed,it is really fast,and the wireless head phones. I hate the cord on my headphones!:BangHead: The least impressive feature is the wireless coilhead,a wire from the coil to the control box,means nothing to me,plus this is why the machine gets low marks in water/beach/surf hunting. I tend to "jump" on the latest/greatest things fast,but I'm gonna take my time on this one. Watch a bunch of you tube videos. There's lot's of information out there on this machine,and what it will,and won't do. I know one reviewer said his Mine Lab e trac would find silver deeper,and better that his XP?:dontknow:

Were these faults befor or after cuz they just came out with a brand new software version 3 most were still using versión 2 3 is supposed to b just buts

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Were these faults befor or after cuz they just came out with a brand new software version 3 most were still using versión 2 3 is supposed to b just buts
This is with V3,the way I understood him! I'm talking about the water problem. I don't know about the depth? I think the V3 software is supposed to give you more depth.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh im not really sure myself but will ley u know how it is & how it acts uf i do end up keeping it Hh

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dealer I talked to said the trash separation is even better than the ATP! I can't see how any MD could do this better,but it would be a great machine if it does!:thumbsup: The dealer also said that the XP Dues won't hunt in water over 1 foot deep! Seems the signal from the coil doesn't travel through the water very well?

Xp Deus won't hunt underwater even an inch without somekind of antenna, that will transfer the coil signal to the remote and headphones. However If you can make the antenna to work, you can wade with the Deus as deep as you can with wading equipment.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
christo, you had a chance to get out with it yet? Just wondering what your FIRST impressions are.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First impression holy s@it I honestly dont know like what I can even compare it to I.mean the weight altogether feels like im holding a coil just a coil, swinging it another wow I can c what peoole were saying about nose heavy i mean theres nothing else were weight is then I took the control pad off felt like I was just holding a stick lol its stupid light. Now performance so far its only been in the back yard & pretty amazed I actually found items couple pennies & a 77 nickle I know its goin to perform very well, I have this one spot in my yard has a drain Pipe & stupid me i allways not thinking run a coil over it did it with the Atpro did it with the prism4 and with v3i all gave good signals but I knew it was a Pipe whatever so i found myself over there again this time i got 2 hits I never got befor & right next to the Pipe on its frigin side the nickle holy shi$, this thing is awesome mayb when I get it out for real i can give a better reveiw but this was only 45 minutes after charging ill let u guys know soon

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like it's a coin hunter for sure! The thing I don't understand about the Deus,is how it seperates the targets for the trash so well,with a 9 inch coil? I had another guy on a different forum PM me and he said if you think your ATP could find coins in trash well,you had better hold on to your hat! You will find coins that everyone else have passed up,or couldn't find! Man I can hardly wait for it to get here!:laughing7:

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya he is right I took it to a park 2 hrs & like I said it was crazy. hard to explain kinda separation its great like I said that one spot in my yard I hit a coin on its side never done befor with the pro or the v3i I knew there was a Pipe i really just wanted to c what it would sound like & got 2 tones so i dug it I think it was only around 6- 6.5" wasnt goin for anything just to listen out poped a nickle wow heres today 2,hours first time out not knowing anything cant wait for a relic hunt

ForumRunner_20130702_132423.png

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One guy showed how to tell if the target is a bottle cap on a video (can't remember what one though,seen too many). He just pulled the coil backwards while wiggeling it over the target,and when the target got to the front of the coil it's signal changed,and it's TID number too. He said it won't change on a coin though. That's a great tip!:thumbsup:

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One guy showed how to tell if the target is a bottle cap on a video (can't remember what one though,seen too many). He just pulled the coil backwards while wiggeling it over the target,and when the target got to the front of the coil it's signal changed,and it's TID number too. He said it won't change on a coin though. That's a great tip!:thumbsup:

The bottlecap identify ability of the Deus is much better with the V3, as the caps will usually produce irony sounding broken signals, if you quickly swing the coil back and forth on a suspected bottlecap signal.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its actually 2,different things & with my v3i im pretty good at identifing a bottle cap with all the graphs polot plots etc both detectors r frigin awesome & not the same in anyway layout,tones,nothing so i think it would b pretty hard to compare

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bottlecap identify ability of the Deus is much better with the V3, as the caps will usually produce irony sounding broken signals, if you quickly swing the coil back and forth on a suspected bottlecap signal.
Thanks for the tip,Digger82:thumbsup:

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, well join the black sheep u got a couple to part with to get a deus

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just might load up all my tectors (except the ATP) and head to my dealer. See if we can't work something out. I should have just bought the damn thing last fall when I had it in my hand!

Ok I'm gunna be lazy and NOT use the search function. Can the Deus be used in the rain if the control unit is covered? Or is there an issue with its coil?

Last edited:
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just might load up all my tectors (except the ATP) and head to my dealer. See if we can't work something out. I should have just bought the damn thing last fall when I had it in my hand!

Ok I'm gunna be lazy and NOT use the search function. Can the Deus be used in the rain if the control unit is covered? Or is there an issue with its coil?

Oh ya keep the pro mines not goin anywhere lol as of the rain thing i havent had rain to try it some r saying no but yet the factory says yes its waterproof weather proof so far Man things a light beast & quick as hell in recovery speed i still cant get over the nickle next to my Pipe 6.5" in its side hit it no issue prism4 didnt,Atpro didnt,v3i didnt I honestly didnt know it was there just wanted to hear its sound on iron i did it to all detectors but ur call might have to search but factory says yes ill just pop the control pad off put in my pocket lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions