tips on dues xp any ?

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xp Deus won't hunt underwater even an inch without somekind of antenna, that will transfer the coil signal to the remote and headphones. However If you can make the antenna to work, you can wade with the Deus as deep as you can with wading equipment.

You can use a wave guide its sold as an accessory , or make your own ,a Dutch guy on Youtube using one ,,..

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the Deus for two years nearly ,, and its brilliant apart from the obvious attractions like being ,,wireless , and easy portable, physical lightness , there is nothing out there to touch it ,If you get the chance to try one you will see why ,, but it aint a magic wand ,, what it is, and this will save you a lot of confusion .is a detector with four switchable frequencies , they are separate and tuned individually , micro tuned circuits, when you change frequency it automaticaly takes you to center of the frequency segment, you can adjust it + or - a few KCs the range is 4/8/12/18 khz ,it may be useful if some one is using the same frequency near you with a Deus so that you can off set it and not interfere .
The factory setting are for you to just switch and go ,and have been set up by XP, you can tweak them individually to suit, every so often XP bring out updates which you down load straight to your controller , very easy to do , the latest one was the V3/2 which gives you a gold field setting which is basically all metal mode , which will give you readings on your VDI which correspond to target values in other in other discriminatory programs , if that makes sense,, very useful on wet salt sand and other highly mineralised ground , reacivity is like a machine gun its fast , incidentally it does have a wet beach mode , but your better off in Gold Field/all metal IMO,
It is a single frequency machine when being used ,(although you have the choice of 4 ) and single frequency machines on the beach are a compromise so I wont be getting rid of my Sovereign Gt any time soon having said that you can make the Deus work on the beach its fine on dry sand , and in all metal Gold/Field it will go deep on the wet sand , but unless you buy the Wave guide Antenna (that's what they call it) once the coil is submerged a couple of inches it losses the radio link .
There are settings and programs out there ,, Rogers Relics UK forum has a DVD compiled by Roger who is an Xp whizz Kid I think its about £16.00 , I dont think its ultra necessary , theres also a Deus Owners Forum and one State side I believe , good luck with your Deus you wont be disappointed,, if I can help on any thing else let me know..................

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great post man!..hey since owning a Deus for as long as you had did you find any 3rd party software settings that really stood out over the factory standards?...especially one for coin hunting high trash areas and one for coin hunting deep in open non-trashy areas,,can you install these settings via computer or must they be created manually and saved?
those were some great helpful links as well,,i signed up at those sites for additional help with my new Deus

I have had the Deus for two years nearly ,, and its brilliant apart from the obvious attractions like being ,,wireless , and easy portable, physical lightness , there is nothing out there to touch it ,If you get the chance to try one you will see why ,, but it aint a magic wand ,, what it is, and this will save you a lot of confusion .is a detector with four switchable frequencies , they are separate and tuned individually , micro tuned circuits, when you change frequency it automaticaly takes you to center of the frequency segment, you can adjust it + or - a few KCs the range is 4/8/12/18 khz ,it may be useful if some one is using the same frequency near you with a Deus so that you can off set it and not interfere .
The factory setting are for you to just switch and go ,and have been set up by XP, you can tweak them individually to suit, every so often XP bring out updates which you down load straight to your controller , very easy to do , the latest one was the V3/2 which gives you a gold field setting which is basically all metal mode , which will give you readings on your VDI which correspond to target values in other in other discriminatory programs , if that makes sense,, very useful on wet salt sand and other highly mineralised ground , reacivity is like a machine gun its fast , incidentally it does have a wet beach mode , but your better off in Gold Field/all metal IMO,
It is a single frequency machine when being used ,(although you have the choice of 4 ) and single frequency machines on the beach are a compromise so I wont be getting rid of my Sovereign Gt any time soon having said that you can make the Deus work on the beach its fine on dry sand , and in all metal Gold/Field it will go deep on the wet sand , but unless you buy the Wave guide Antenna (that's what they call it) once the coil is submerged a couple of inches it losses the radio link .
There are settings and programs out there ,, Rogers Relics UK forum has a DVD compiled by Roger who is an Xp whizz Kid I think its about £16.00 , I dont think its ultra necessary , theres also a Deus Owners Forum and one State side I believe , good luck with your Deus you wont be disappointed,, if I can help on any thing else let me know..................

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet,,just bought a Deus im gonna have to get this book and take advantage of every feature it has,,from what ive read the book looks worth every penny..

Congrats! The XP DEUS Metal Detector is an outstanding machine! Wait till you see how good in trash and iron it is! ;)

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All updates/upgrades from XP re the Deus,, can be down loaded from your PC when XP issue them,, as for individual settings you cant exchange them via a computer to your machine , cant really see the sense in that ,its down to peoples personnel preferences, obviously you can exchange what setting you use via the forum or any other way...
The most popular setting over here in the UK is probably Deus fast either at 17.50 or 12 khz which will detect miniscule pieces of Metal like cut half hammered coins and quarters, (not American Quarters ), in medieval times silver hammered were cut into half's and quarters ,and still remained legal tender I believe...
I suppose a good test is to return to some of your ,done to death sites and try the Deus on the higher frequency Deus fast setting ,
We don't like finding Iron over here , but I know there are many relics appertaining to the Civil War your side of the pond that you like to find , so maybe all metal/goldfield at 8 or 4 khz would be very useful .
Another worthwhile mention is that if you get on well with the machine and I'm sure you will ,,you may later want to invest in the larger coil , which will give you the opportunity to have two machines (in theory) , the larger coil come with a shaft , you can either adapt so it fits on to to say a Whites shaft .or buy another Deus top arm assembly ,one Deus can be used via the head phones only , and the other via the controller using a 3ml to 5ml head phone adapter, you put the controller around your neck in a Iphone water proof plastic bag thingy !! , you can program the Deus to give you four individual tones ,for different conductive metals , so you don't need a VDI just good ears ,, hope this all makes sense.
The later head phones were a bit of an issue over here when they were first introduced and expensive , Chef Phones make a set of phones that you adapt the original head set to (still wireless) and to my mind far superior ,, check them out..

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run my main program with reactivity at 3 silencer 1 tx power 3 sens as high as I can take (96), iron audio 0, I also notch out 98-99 for iron wrap around and run my disc @ 12 to 25 depending on iron in ground, (if you can handle 0 disc do it!!
My break points are set at 5 tones 12, 38, 56,69, 99!!
I use this program most in parks or trashed homesites but in the relic field!

Reactivity drops to 0 silencer 1 tx power 3 sens high as stable or what you can take! Iron audio 0 disc 0-7 notch 98-99

Just remember no matter what settings you use or try ground balance using pumping and whatever the machine pick go to manual and back it so 3 or 4 example pushing says 74.... Back it down to 71 or 70

Let me know what you guys think!!

Oh yeah if you need a DEUS or want to get rid of that old detector and pick up the iPhone 5s of metal detectors CALL ME LAST!!! Vance metal detecting!! Good thread christo
By the way Andy has agreed to be a great guy and let me use his 11" coil so I will give everyone my input on this when I get back from GRD with Larry! You guys be good man. And gals

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be fore you get to involved in the settings , theirs a Video clip on you tube called Gary s Full tone program which is a variation of Deus Fast, but you end up just using the head phones ,and putting the controller in your pocket , its a good exercise as it gets you used to sounds of the machine ,and importantly the sound of iron so you dont dig it ...have a look if there's something your not sure off let me know ,, glad your enjoying your Deus....

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a firm believer a person should learn the XP in one of the factory settings as they are all very good. Tweaking things before you really know what your tweaking might cause a performance loss. The stock programs are great! I run over several of them with new customers so they get a great concept of the XP before they go out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions