Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! You will see a lot of valuable finds posted here, but most place more value on the hunt and preservation of the finds, not the monetary value.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well , there's an old saying that a thing is worth what someone will pay for it ! I have sold a few gold rings , and i have read posts here of other members who have sold the odd find , so I think it's accurate to say that we do find things that are worth money occasionally. Welcome to T- net !

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear IRS agents.

I swear, under penalty of higher taxes, I have NEVER found anything of value.

Thank you.

Bamadad53

Oct 24, 2016
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are hoping to get rich finding a lost treasure I'd say your odds are better playing the State Lottery. But if your looking to have a lot of fun finding lost items that you can treasure jump on in with both feet. Welcome to TN.

Bama

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What kind of money are you referring to? Over a hundred over a thousand over a hundred thousand?

A silver quarter is worth 2.90 as of today.

I have found a couple of dollars worth of things

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I find a lot of old coins that are no longer legal tender. So nope.

Welcome to Tnet

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What kind of money are you referring to? Over a hundred over a thousand over a hundred thousand? ....

Bingo. The OP's question is subjective. What value level (dollar value) is the trigger for "worth money" ?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet. We all find things that are valuable, to us anyway. Most newbies or non-detectorists imagine that we find gold coins and diamond rings... however, as stated by others... it's more about the history and having a good time.

When I first started I found this 14K ring, it could easily be swapped for cash, but I prefer to just look at it. All of us "spend" money on detecting, as opposed to "make" money off of detecting.

Best of luck to you sir!

Attachments

• IMG_20140407_180340_381.jpg
    IMG_20140407_180340_381.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
mr_detector

mr_detector

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. We all find things that are valuable, to us anyway. Most newbies or non-detectorists imagine that we find gold coins and diamond rings... however, as stated by others... it's more about the history and having a good time.

When I first started I found this 14K ring, it could easily be swapped for cash, but I prefer to just look at it. All of us "spend" money on detecting, as opposed to "make" money off of detecting.

Best of luck to you sir!
Thanks! I strongly agree with you, i do it for fun i love history i like finding things that are very old & then finding out the history about it whats behind it, even if i find something small that's worth money i would not sell it i will keep it just for the fact that it's old and i! have got it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most newbies or non-detectorists imagine that we find gold coins and diamond rings... however, as stated by others... it's more about the history and having a good time.

I'm guessing wives can fit in the "non-detectorist" definition. They do in my house at least. Everytime I come home from detecting the wife asks if I found her a diamond ring. When I tell her "No!", she says "well get back out there then!" LOL

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm guessing wives can fit in the "non-detectorist" definition. They do in my house at least. Everytime I come home from detecting the wife asks if I found her a diamond ring. When I tell her "No!", she says "well get back out there then!" LOL

That's when you say 'I will quickly grab something to eat' and then head back out! Most people would love to have their spouse's approval to go out digging :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, never found anything of value. Nada, zip, zilch. Nothing to see here.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is yes!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find something worth more than money every time out.........
The joy of the outdoors, the quiet of velvet tones in my ears, the exercise of a good long walk with an occasional stop to dig a little dirt, the release of everyday tensions, the challenge of being a detective before being a detector.........I could go on........and on........and............

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
That's when you say 'I will quickly grab something to eat' and then head back out! Most people would love to have their spouse's approval to go out digging :laughing7:

You got the right woman when she not only sends you detecting, but when she's digging your holes for you... (and filling them back in)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread