TO EVERONE

Welcome to TNet! You will see a lot of valuable finds posted here, but most place more value on the hunt and preservation of the finds, not the monetary value.

Well , there's an old saying that a thing is worth what someone will pay for it ! I have sold a few gold rings , and i have read posts here of other members who have sold the odd find , so I think it's accurate to say that we do find things that are worth money occasionally. Welcome to T- net !

Dear IRS agents.

I swear, under penalty of higher taxes, I have NEVER found anything of value.

Thank you.

If you are hoping to get rich finding a lost treasure I'd say your odds are better playing the State Lottery. But if your looking to have a lot of fun finding lost items that you can treasure jump on in with both feet. Welcome to TN.

Bama

What kind of money are you referring to? Over a hundred over a thousand over a hundred thousand?

A silver quarter is worth 2.90 as of today.

I have found a couple of dollars worth of things

I find a lot of old coins that are no longer legal tender. So nope.

Welcome to Tnet

What kind of money are you referring to? Over a hundred over a thousand over a hundred thousand? ....

Bingo. The OP's question is subjective. What value level (dollar value) is the trigger for "worth money" ?

Welcome to TNet. We all find things that are valuable, to us anyway. Most newbies or non-detectorists imagine that we find gold coins and diamond rings... however, as stated by others... it's more about the history and having a good time.

When I first started I found this 14K ring, it could easily be swapped for cash, but I prefer to just look at it. All of us "spend" money on detecting, as opposed to "make" money off of detecting.

Best of luck to you sir!

Attachments

• IMG_20140407_180340_381.jpg
    IMG_20140407_180340_381.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to TNet. We all find things that are valuable, to us anyway. Most newbies or non-detectorists imagine that we find gold coins and diamond rings... however, as stated by others... it's more about the history and having a good time.

When I first started I found this 14K ring, it could easily be swapped for cash, but I prefer to just look at it. All of us "spend" money on detecting, as opposed to "make" money off of detecting.

Best of luck to you sir!
Thanks! I strongly agree with you, i do it for fun i love history i like finding things that are very old & then finding out the history about it whats behind it, even if i find something small that's worth money i would not sell it i will keep it just for the fact that it's old and i! have got it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Most newbies or non-detectorists imagine that we find gold coins and diamond rings... however, as stated by others... it's more about the history and having a good time.

I'm guessing wives can fit in the "non-detectorist" definition. They do in my house at least. Everytime I come home from detecting the wife asks if I found her a diamond ring. When I tell her "No!", she says "well get back out there then!" LOL

I'm guessing wives can fit in the "non-detectorist" definition. They do in my house at least. Everytime I come home from detecting the wife asks if I found her a diamond ring. When I tell her "No!", she says "well get back out there then!" LOL

That's when you say 'I will quickly grab something to eat' and then head back out! Most people would love to have their spouse's approval to go out digging :laughing7:

Nope, never found anything of value. Nada, zip, zilch. Nothing to see here.

The answer is yes!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

I find something worth more than money every time out.........
The joy of the outdoors, the quiet of velvet tones in my ears, the exercise of a good long walk with an occasional stop to dig a little dirt, the release of everyday tensions, the challenge of being a detective before being a detector.........I could go on........and on........and............

That's when you say 'I will quickly grab something to eat' and then head back out! Most people would love to have their spouse's approval to go out digging :laughing7:

You got the right woman when she not only sends you detecting, but when she's digging your holes for you... (and filling them back in)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back