What's new

Todays beach hunt

TexasRT

Full Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
236
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today's beach hunt

Took the newest Excal out today for about 5 hours. Had a lot of false firing yesterday, but after tightening all the loose connections last night everything went great today. No false firing and little to no noise from waves crossing the coil cable like before. The surf was real calm today so I ventured out to the deeper water for a while today, it was actually pretty nice just a small swell actually. Found the giant earring, fishing leader and a nickel in chest deep water. Last evening when I was at the same beach and there were 8 other guys MDing, that explains how the place is staying cleaned out. I knew there were a few that hit it, but 8 in an evening, (9) including me. Talked to three different guys today, this place is getting hammered no wonder theres nothing.

Wanted to say thanks again for all the tips and help with the Excal initially, even though I haven't hit any big ticket items (YET) it's all starting to come together.

HH
 

Attachments

  • IMG00009-20100725-1736.webp
    IMG00009-20100725-1736.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0
Re: Today's beach hunt

good luck! I love my excal
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom