What's new

Today's find in WV!

mw44

Greenie
Joined
Apr 19, 2023
Messages
16
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Back at it again in Greenbrier Co, West Virginia! Possibly a Jack's Reef made out of Laurel Run (Wythe Co, Va) chert?? Reply with your thoughts


Screenshot_20230524-174522-115~2.webp
IMG_20230524_172444318_HDR.webp
IMG_20230524_172438253_HDR.webp
IMG_20230524_165452132_HDR.webp
 
Upvote 26
I can't comment on a possible type. For me it is an impossible task to type any of the ubiquitous and widely used over time and geographic area corner or side notch hafted bifaces. I do see pot lid fractures on there, so your point was likely in a campfire at one time. I also see green leaves and sunshine in your picture. It looks like you had a great day out in nature and even found an arrowhead. It's the best day ever, again!
 
Nice find :) Congrats
 
Welcome to treasurenet
 
Nice one !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom