What's new

Todays finds 8-26-09

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Today's finds 8-26-09

Fell of the wagon again and picked up two Brinks boxes. I have not CRHed in about 2 or so weeks.

1- Walker (1943)

2- 64s

26- 40%ers

Most came from one box. 4 rolls had 5-6 keepers each. I was happy with it. The bank has 2 boxes left. I asked them to save them for me and I hope that they have rolls from that same batch that had the 5-6 keepers in each roll.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Well, that should keep you OFF the wagon for a while!! Screw Bill!!
- Grizz
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Mentone Grizz said:
Well, that should keep you OFF the wagon for a while!! Screw Bill!!
- Grizz


Who is Bill?

Jim
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

congrats. wish i could get a brinks box like that :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Who is Bill?

Jim
[/quote]

Jim;
Bill (W) Wilson - co-founder of A.A. It's a joke, son!!
- Grizz
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Mentone Grizz said:
Who is Bill?

Jim

Jim;
Bill (W) Wilson - co-founder of A.A. It's a joke, son!!
- Grizz

[/quote]

I understand Grizz. I may quit CRHing from time to time, but I will NOT give up my beer!

Jim
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

That silver itch just won't go away. Good finds today hope the others are as good.
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Perhaps I should take a break myself from the box searches. I'm getting skunked pretty hard. It seems I am one of the primary sources of halves going to Brinks. and i'm getting most of my own dumps back. If I kicked off for a couple of monts, maybee some silver will build up.......

Mojo
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Hey Jim, great finds man. I did not know you were back to searching the boxes.
Well lets hope the luck continues.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

golden silver said:
Hey Jim, great finds man. I did not know you were back to searching the boxes.
Well lets hope the luck continues.

Golden Silver


Technically I am not still CRHing, but I was at the bank and they said they had some boxes.......
Well, you know the rest.

coinmojo said:
Perhaps I should take a break myself from the box searches. I'm getting skunked pretty hard. It seems I am one of the primary sources of halves going to Brinks. and i'm getting most of my own dumps back. If I kicked off for a couple of monts, maybee some silver will build up.......

Mojo


I was told by the teller that the other guy who was ordering boxes from them (he ordered more than I ever did) had quit ordering them a couple months ago (a few weeks after I quit my serious habit). So I figured I would try them out. I may try to be a "recreational CRHer" if the next couple boxes produce. If they are skunks, it won't be hard for me to stop again for a while. I actually got to the point where I could drive past a bank and not think about stopping for halves if you can believe it.

Jim
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

I know how you feel, I gave up the search a week ago and I'm starting to have withdrawls. I drive by three banks on my way home and I keep wanting to stop in just for a quick box of dimes. Just one more box and then I'm done!
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Good score there. I slowed it down to 5k a week.... :tongue3:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

WTG Jim, good score. I find that I can't look at a bank without gagging; I've had that reflex for some time now!
I still enjoy reading posts of others. Good luck! ffd
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Anybody with 1280 posts is never going to give up this hobby as long as it is still producing !
 
Re: Today's finds 8-26-09

Mercury63 said:
Anybody with 1280 posts is never going to give up this hobby as long as it is still producing !

That is true Mercury. As long as it is still producing is the key. Got 3 boxes coming next week. We will see what happens.


Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom