What's new

Todays Seize.....

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Seize.....

Picked up six boxes today. I am still trying to catch up on the week I was out.

Some of the coins were really worn down on the rims. Maybe came from a casino...not sure. As I mentioned in my earlier post about the guessing game, I couldn't pick out the silver on these worn coins unless I either dropped the stack from one hand to the other one at a time and listened for that distinctive silver "clink" which is my normal search procedure or look at the date. They were wore down so much you could see the copper in them. This was a first for me. Anyway, it was fun.

Four more boxes tomorrow. The totals...........

6-64's
8-65's
7-66's
25-67's
24-68's
6-69's
3-Franklin's - 52-D, 61-D & 62-D
1-Walker 43
1-2003-P

81 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • P6280004.webp
    P6280004.webp
    69.6 KB · Views: 333
  • P6280006.webp
    P6280006.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 317
  • P6280007.webp
    P6280007.webp
    56.8 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Seize.....

WOW! That is AWESOME! ;D
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

LJ, I don't think the word "lull" can ever be applied to your results. Your finds have been nothing but consistant. Congrats!
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

Immy - Since you hunt casinos often.....have you ever seen 40%'ers that were wore down so much you could see the copper on the rims like the some of those in the picture?
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

lejeuene said:
have you ever seen 40%'ers that were wore down so much you could see the copper on the rims like the some of those in the picture?

in a word....Yes.
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

Great finds! I had one that was in good shape and showed some copper on the rim. I wonder how many bankers that look for silver would have missed those copper rims. Alot of times I just check the rims and then toss them in a bag and go through them later but never find anymore. That would be a nice surprise indeed. I have one half that I need to get a picture of on here that is at least uncirculated but not a S mint but its like there was oil or grease when it was stamped because Kennedys hair is almost smooth with no lines, the D mint is solid filled, his ear is almost solid. Keep up the good work pulling silver lejeune!
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

Nice haul, LJ!

I've seen edges like those before - The 40% seem to reflect a more brown edge vs a coppery edge in the nickel halves the way I see them. It may be the way the copper contrasts with the silver. Some 71 - 74's will fool you into thinking they're keepers on edge checks, too.
I was completely fooled last night when I had a box full of nasty halves that looked like they went through a high school chemistry experiment. One of the completely brown edges was a stained Walker !!!
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

Good results again LJ. Way to go! On your last post, I actually was
going to reply back about all the even ones being 40%. I'm getting
better at spotting them. For me, the copper side of the 40%ers is
sometimes darker. So, look for the silver/darker copper ones! You
should be a professional searcher by now! :)

P.S. - Had 2 skunk bags that I just picked up, maybe next time, huh?

Remy
 
Re: Today's Seize.....

Thanks all.

TXTim said:
Nice haul, LJ!

I've seen edges like those before - The 40% seem to reflect a more brown edge vs a coppery edge in the nickel halves the way I see them. It may be the way the copper contrasts with the silver. Some 71 - 74's will fool you into thinking they're keepers on edge checks, too.
I was completely fooled last night when I had a box full of nasty halves that looked like they went through a high school chemistry experiment. One of the completely brown edges was a stained Walker !!!

I am sure you have seen them before Tim. Especially since you were perfect on the guessing game!! I didn't think anyone would get them all right.

Again.....great eye champ!

Remy30 said:
I actually was going to reply back about all the even ones being 40%. I'm getting
better at spotting them. For me, the copper side of the 40%ers is
sometimes darker. So, look for the silver/darker copper ones! You
should be a professional searcher by now! :)

P.S. - Had 2 skunk bags that I just picked up, maybe next time, huh?

Remy

Good job to you too Remy.

As for being a professional.....heck no! I am still learning this game from the old salts. When they speak....I listen....lol. Comprehension is another matter but I listen...ha!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom