Too Many Individual Forums! Shrink The Website.

Ferrous

Dec 25, 2007
Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites
Gypsy Heart said:
I have to disagree....Tnet has drawn a lot of members because of its diversity. We have it all here and I like being able to catagorize different items of interest. I love the Way Tnet is set up because it helps me find things faster and easier than searching through the same forum. Since I have been here,Tnet has grown tremendously and the forums catering to an array of indivual tastes has kept this forum at the top of the game.
I realize that for our new members things can seem a little confusing....but once you learn the set up it is fantastic. There are certain boards I seldom look at...but its there if I need it. People tend to gravitate toward the boards that they know most about, Shipwrecks, Native American Artifacts ,Civil War etc....and I think thats great because then we also learn who specializes in those fields and can call on them if we need help.
I have always thought of Tnet as a One Stop Shop....its here somewhere when we need it.
What she said. :thumbsup:

nightwolf

Jul 8, 2008
Bureau County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
This place is a goldmine of knowledge. It would be like taking big chunks of the library of congress and throwing it away. You may not have any use for some areas of the site for weeks, months, years, or never at all. But if and when you do, it's there for you, and if it wasn't, you would be unhappy, complain, and probably go elsewhere. Take some time to learn how to use the site, Go in to your profile preferences and ignore the forums you have no use for, and make it look the way you want. If and when you need something you don't use regularly, it's just a click of an option away. Patience pays on learning how to use this site. It's by far the best available :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nightwolf said:
This place is a goldmine of knowledge. It would be like taking big chunks of the library of congress and throwing it away. You may not have any use for some areas of the site for weeks, months, years, or never at all. But if and when you do, it's there for you, and if it wasn't, you would be unhappy, complain, and probably go elsewhere. Take some time to learn how to use the site, Go in to your profile preferences and ignore the forums you have no use for, and make it look the way you want. If and when you need something you don't use regularly, it's just a click of an option away. Patience pays on learning how to use this site. It's by far the best available :thumbsup:

These are wise words. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
kind like going to the library and saying "throw away or burn up all the books in here EXCEPT the ones I like."
one mans or womens trash is anothers treasure --differant strokes for differant folks ---some oddbits of info lie around unused for years but when you researching a subject you often need those old tidbts. --- Ivan

S

stefen

sniper19612003 said:
If it's not broke, Don't fix it! I like it the way it is.

Sniper

Agreed!

The TN site is like a Dewey Decimal system is to a library, and the diversity of topics makes finding a sub-site-of-interest easier to find or to make posts.

In fact, I'd like to see greater diversity.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Wow! When I saw the heading I didn't think I would be bumping the thread!

Tnet is a wonderful resource.
Thank you, Marc.

I disagree with a suggestion of slimming things down, as it would send many of us on the fringe towards main discussion areas and perhaps family areas with concepts some may not wish to discuss.

I participate in many individual forums, yet try not to mix up subject matter out of courtesy to main participants,
Everyone should be respectful of other opinions.

Perhaps the "Friends" function, and chat rooms could be used to better keep those of common interest aware of topics presented in various places that someone may miss.

The "Personal Pages" seem to be thriving, with plenty of focused information.

The "Ignore topic" and "Ignore User" are also very valuable features.

Marc is doing a wonderful job building a community ofhelpful people sharing a wide variety of knowledge who all have a common interest...

Recovering something lost, for the benefit of society, that would otherwise be gone forever.

What a great thing!

Best
rmptr

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
with the new "ignore subject " you can trim "your" t net to as small as you want it to be --while others (like me) can have all the subjects that it has to offer -- isn't that a great thing? --that way everyone can have as lilttle or as much "content" as they want that way. :icon_sunny: lifes good

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
I like it just the way it is.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
needs more pirate talk ::)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi there young man!!and to my main point didnt Mr.Silver Fox pass on?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
humm silver fox last posting dec 30, 2008 -- mia for 55 days now .

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
humm silver fox last posting dec 30, 2008 -- mia for 55 days now .
ivan as far as i know mr. fox died :-\

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
opps sorry -- hate to here of a passing of a t net member.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions