Too Many Individual Forums! Shrink The Website.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I can understand how someone new would be somewhat confused about all the "rooms" here at TNet. If I had not been a member of another site that is set up similar I would have been confused too. Once you get use to it you will appreciate the lay out of the forum. I use tab browsing. I first open the Index page then the Recent 200 posts. I refresh the Recent 200 post page often. Say you post in Nugget forum...it will show up on the Recent 200 page and most people will see it.

Pepper

corklabus

Dec 5, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
I haven't been here very long at all and I think things are just about as perfect as they can get for a site of a hobby that has so much diversity.
I find it extremely easy to use and if you can read you can find something that peaks your interest or ticks you off just the same.
I like the way the topics are separated because it gives a sense of order the magnitude of knowledge available. If you're too lazy too look for what you want to enjoy, that's your problem. You also have the opportunity to ignore what you don't like. Just push the button or don't look. How much simpler can you get ?

And above all, where do you get off complaining about something you get for free ? You aren't required to pay anything for this site. but you do have the opportunity to support it monetarily if you wish.

I realize I seem to be jumping your case and I realize there may be some merit to your suggestions and I wouldn't want to discourage a constructive suggestion. I just think the site is quite good as is, but as you say, some posts could possibly reach more people under different headings. Yet so far. I haven't seen anything about not posting similar topics to more than one heading to reach more interest.

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
So far I enjoy the way this Tnet is.We have people from all 50 states and other countries that give out so much of their time and input to the forums.I say "if it ain't broken,let it alone"I'm sure JeffPa and the others that manage this site do all they can to please the majority of us folks,and they should be appladed------"Clap, Clap, Clap".I'm happy with so many different forums to look at,and yes, I don't look at everyone,but have my daily list.The one thing that may help in this forum is if "Posts" are over 1-2years old and just taking up space in the Main Brain--take them out???I myself don't go back to see posts from 2006-2005 etc.The best other aspect of this Tnet is the Humor and friendly links people have.So far, I haven't seen or heard of any smut stuff,or crap that is all over the WWWeb,and hope it stays this way.So as I babble on(learned that from "TT") ::)Hope you all have a nice day Idig

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Hey! Where is MY A?? I learned from you that I am not the only one that sometimes gets a pulltab stuck on the end of my digging tool! rofl I have learned a great deal from you TT and you are much appreciated! ~hugs~

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave it the way it is! You can find most anything you want here. There is an abundance of knowledgeable people here that are willing to help. I feel that if things are cut down to just a few topics, all this VALUABLE information and knowledge will get muddied up. Just like everything in life it's a bitch until you learn the ropes then it's all gravy.

Jeff should get a standing ovation in my book! His job here as a moderator is difficult at best, and he sure does a good job! I wonder how many people realize how much work and hours banging his head on the wall it takes to keep TNet going?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IGNORE the forums you don't care a whit about.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
BuckleBoy said:

And on the flip side.....ignore the wits if you don't care for um. :evil6:

Don't worry, TT. I haven't used my "ignore" button....yet. :wink:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
BuckleBoy said:
TreasureTales said:
BuckleBoy said:

Don't worry, TT. I haven't used my "ignore" button....yet. :wink:

BB, I wasn't referring to you when I wrote that - it was merely an attempt to show how words can be turned around and still make a valid point. But maybe I was wrong?! LOL I don't care for your politics, but you are a great treasure hunter so I forgive you. :D

TT, I don't care for your political views either, but I value your opinions...well...most of 'em. :wink: No worries. :thumbsup:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like the idea of a bunch of nooks and crannies - where the rif-raf can settle! lol lol lol

Imagine a few unruly personalities dominating a few forums!

:icon_pirat:

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i love this place when my mom was ill before she passed just getting on here made me feel better and i can get back to mding again now just waiting to see what everyone finds is exciting thanks everybody ,goldie

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
goldie1959 said:
i love this place when my mom was ill before she passed just getting on here made me feel better and i can get back to mding again now just waiting to see what everyone finds is exciting thanks everybody ,goldie

so sorry for your loss Goldie! That is one thing about tnet...folks here are family...we are there for each other during bad times and to encourage each other in any way we can. I know a lot of you have been there when I needed a smile as well. Glad to return the favor any time I can! I can't wait to see what all you find! Never forget we care! ~hugs~

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey TT do I get an A to? :-* ;D

Goldie: Sorry to hear about your loss...

Cyn: don't forget we are always good for some humor! 8)

I do indeed read most depending on if I'm not to lazy. :wink:

Cheers,
Eu :coffee2:

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T'NET does have a lot of topics. I personally don,t have time to read them all. How you go about reading T'NET is however up to you. You can scan recent post daily. You can go to specific topics. You can become a "charter member" and do a search for a single word. Also there are tools to help you. You can set your personal preferences to ignore certain posters or even whole topics. It is up to you. I think T'Net is a very good diversified forum. Final point, the moderators do an excellent job of keeping everyone on topic and avoiding conflicts, My hat is off to them.

Yes to T'NET as it is.

Ed D.

S

stefen

TreasureTales said:
BuckleBoy said:

There's:

Whit
Oh Whit
Dim Whit
Dumb Whit
Dip Whit (has a brother named Dip $^#@)
Half Whit
Who Gives a Whit
Don't give a Whit
Whitless
Dog Whit
Whit For Brains
Whit Head

And for the life of me, I don't know where the Whit this is going :tongue3:

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
stefen said:
TreasureTales said:
BuckleBoy said:

There's:

Whit
Oh Whit
Dim Whit
Dumb Whit
Dip Whit (has a brother named Dip $^#@)
Half Whit
Who Gives a Whit
Don't give a Whit
Whitless
Dog Whit
Whit For Brains
Whit Head

And for the life of me, I don't know where the Whit this is going :tongue3:

Whit? ???

MOE0454

Greenie
Mar 29, 2008
Boyertown pa
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am very new got some very good information just as aguest . met some really neat people that share same interest.DONT THINK THERES A BETTER SITE OUT THERE.THANKS TREASURENET

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread