Too many!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess the word got around that there was chow to be had. :laughing7:

too many-2.jpg

too many2-2.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you breeding coons?

No, they actually do quite well on their own...
moose.gif

Until they start destroying everything.

They can certainly be destructive little beasties, but it's mostly just their natural curiosity and looking for groceries. The only thing they've got out there to tear up is a board, but they did tear off a couple composite shingles on the roof. They lift them up looking for grubs underneath, and the shingles are 30 years old..hence, they break.

I'm removing the tree they use to access the roof, and we're having a new roof put on in a couple months. Won't be any issue after that.

On the plus side, they eat carpenter ants, moths, spiders and slugs like they're candy, meaning I don't have to spray pesticide. It's a fair trade.

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are scheming a way to get into your house and steal your all your fig newtons. Don't let their cute looks fool you.

If I had fig newtons they'd be welcome to them. If they went after my Double stuff Oreo's, well, that's an entirely different matter...
shoot.gif

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Grandfather once had a pet coon that he,d walk on a leash,he,the coon that is would perch on his shoulder and pick his shirt pockets.I like them and no longer hunt them or trap them.

Trapped a bunch of 'em myself in my younger years. Good thing life allows us to apply what we've learned and experienced, and as a result we change our perceptions.

These 'coons are wild, and I want them to stay that way. There is only one that I've put any effort into socializing just a little bit. I've come to know her over the years, and she'll come up and touch her nose to the back of my hand, when offered, but that is the extent of any physical contact. She's completely missing her left eye, and her right front paw is lame, and I've also watched her raise half a dozen litters over the years.

This is her a few years back with four of her little ones. They're standing
just outside the door to my garage.

DSC_0015-2.jpg

And while the kids were out looking for bugs, she'd take a nap on the
garage floor, just outside the door to my shop.

DSC_0013-2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread