What's new

Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

coinshooterpa

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro/White's MXT 300/White's XLT/ Minelab Excal II/Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

I have been coin roll hunting for over three years now and have never posted to this forum....until now. I was trying to figure approximately how many dollars I've gone through and my best guess is about $600,000. I think I can count on two hands how many weeks I have got skunked. I know I have got 2 Barbers, hundreds of Walkers and Bens, and thousands of Kennedys. Heck I probably have a whole roll of 1970 40%. I feel very fortunate. But one coin has always eluded me, until now. A Seated half. As I opened the 5th box I noticed a real dark coin on top of one of the rolls. I first thought oh great another foreign coin...but wait, it's an eagle! And not an eagle that I recognize. After doing the happy dance around the room for about 5 minutes, I crack it open....1877......well, I guess now I'm shooting for a Bust half. The totals for the day were:
65 -40%
9 - 64 Kennedy's
2 - Ben's
2 - Walker's
1877 Seated Half

Thanks for looking!!
 

Attachments

  • Picture 001.webp
    Picture 001.webp
    29 KB · Views: 752
  • Picture 002.webp
    Picture 002.webp
    59.2 KB · Views: 742
  • Picture 003.webp
    Picture 003.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 758
Upvote 0
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! That is a Killer find! :occasion14:
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

OH MY DEAR LORD - THAT IS AMAZING!!! :hello2: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I AM MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Sweet seated ender! ffd
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

$ilver$urfer said:
OH MY DEAR LORD - THAT IS AMAZING!!! :hello2: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I AM MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer

Yeah, come move to Philly. You can get skunked on 3/4's of your boxes like me. Time to clean out some stocks and make long runs into central PA twice a week to pick up $10k in halves.
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

sweet score, don't see too many seated halves but they are out there.
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Ltrain said:
$ilver$urfer said:
OH MY DEAR LORD - THAT IS AMAZING!!! :hello2: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I AM MOVING TO PENNSYLVANIA!!! :laughing7:

HH,

$ilver$urfer

Yeah, come move to Philly. You can get skunked on 3/4's of your boxes like me. Time to clean out some stocks and make long runs into central PA twice a week to pick up $10k in halves.

LOL, that sounds like a good idea - I may try it someday as it would only be a 4-5 hour drive to central PA for me coming from western NY. I just did my calculations and after 40 boxes I have skunked on 19 of them or 47.5% - looks like your skunk ratio is way worse than mine! Here's hoping that Santa brings you a dream box or two this year!!! :icon_santa:

HH,

$ilver$urfer
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Odd, my last one was on the end as well. Congrats, Mark
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

$ilver$urfer said:
LOL, that sounds like a good idea - I may try it someday as it would only be a 4-5 hour drive to central PA for me coming from western NY. I just did my calculations and after 40 boxes I have skunked on 19 of them or 47.5% - looks like your skunk ratio is way worse than mine! Here's hoping that Santa brings you a dream box or two this year!!! :icon_santa:

HH,

$ilver$urfer

I think my skunk rate might actually be higher than that. But I finally found a bank that orders boxes from out of state. :D I got half a box from them last week and it had 2 frankies, 11 40's, and a Walker... so I have high hopes! That's a dream box for my area, haha. They're getting me 2 boxes to check and see if it was a fluke or not... if not, I'm officially selling BAC and using that cash to roll hunt.
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Great score coinshooter, glad to see you hit it and love the pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Awesome find!! :hello2: It feels great finding a seated half doesn't it :D Looks like its in great shape too, congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Syrys said:
Awesome find!! :hello2: It feels great finding a seated half doesn't it :D Looks like its in great shape too, congrats :icon_thumright:

It sure does. Kinda like getting that monkey off my back finally..
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

:hello2: :icon_thumleft: W O W :o :o !!!!!! Simply Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Congrats! You did very well.

What's the weight of that seat half?
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Awesome score. An ender no less. That is in fantastic shape despite the grime. It is easily a $100 coin. Professionally cleaned, it could fall into AU grading fetching $150. Congrats.
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Seated ender is quite rare. Nice find. As noted previously this coin is in great shape with the shield lines and liberty intact. Make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing preserve and restore it.
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

Nice and unusual find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.
HH
Rich
 
Re: Took a "Seat" While Going Through Halves

That is "awesome" !!!!!

I have searched countless number of boxes and have never got

a barber let alone a seated!!! That is just too cool.!!!!!

Gl my friend hh dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom