What's new

Tornadoes. Again...

Cherokee_Kidd said:
Holy crap that was way too close. We had a real bad storm roll through here and I'm pretty sure it had a weak tornado in it cause the big tree in my neighbors yard snapped and almost landed on my house and if it would have it would have landed on me cause it landed beside the house outside the bathroom.

If not a tornado, it may have been a "microburst."
This weather phenomena has similar characteristics of tornadoes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microburst

Stay safe, Friend,
Scott
 
It was a tornado but the storm is heading north towards the next town now or it was a few minutes ago. Now we got more storms rolling in even though they just said we wouldn't have anymore til later. They also just said there's another tornado somewhere near Timken or Otis with Baseball size hail.
 
I know about tornados.
Two days after my 7th birthday, I was visiting relatives in Topeka, Kansas
when this occured, my FIRST tornado:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/top/events/66tornado.php

I remember peeking above the living room window and seeing the capitol dome being hit...

Folks,
Tornados are not to be trifled with, believe me!
I've been through enough, having lived in Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri for
most of my younger days to tell you the way it is. Tornados Kill!

I'm going to be monitoring the weather situation in the areas affected for the rest of the night and as long as I need to to be sure that everyone is OK.

Concerned,
Scott
 
The weather man said it was a tornado . He said it was heading toward the 2 small towns north of me. I hope it weakens before it gets to the next town. I know it looks like that tornado near Otis is getting stronger.
 
Guys Iron patch ogtta a good live feed up,
lemme try copy paste,
There's a rolling black cloud, heading towatd south newcastle right now,
Newcastle take cover, brb


http://www.kfor.com/news/livestreaming/
 
Good, they just cancelled the tornado warning for the 2 towns north of me.
 
I think I'm gonna need a boat cause it's still raining and it's already getting flooded. They said thats all I need to worry about in my area for right now , the flooding.
 
I feel so helpless here in Georgia.
If anyone in my family needs me or my help, I will sell everything I own for the funds to be there.
Some of my prayers are that no one here on this website has to do this.

Scott

PS.
Tee,
You are correct about allowing this thread.
Kudos to the administration!
 
Massive new tornado just formed. Showing on the link posted above.
 
texastee2007 said:
cousin who is making his way from Georgia is in Dallas, Texas and says the wind is blowing like crazy...He sounded a little concerned.

Tee,
Is your cousin OK?
From where in my State of Georgia are they from?

Hoping for the best,
Scott
 
AU24K said:
I feel so helpless here in Georgia.
If anyone in my family needs me or my help, I will sell everything I own for the funds to be there.
Some of my prayers are that no one here on this website has to do this.
Ditto, but here in Florida. All are our neighbors, brothers, and sisters.
Seems to have been proven here, when one hurts, we all hurt.
I was glad, au24k, to see your folks was doing ok, as of earlier today.
Ironpatches live feed is real good, he got a thread started on it.

Everbody, stay on radar with each othere, here. The ham radio operators in Ok, are getting help for some kids, that just got trapped. Again, survivors having to save survivors, Lord, give 'em all the strength!
even the cat below, knows how to raise heavenly hands or paws should I say
 
It looks like the tornadoes in Oklahoma did alot of damage and so far they said there are 2 or 3 people dead.
 
They naming so many cities on ironpatches live feed, I can't even type that fast,
If you in Ok, or near, got electric, get the link man.
It's real time.


Keystone heights, it's headed that way, toward Pawnee cty, that's all i herd,

Golsby (?), gotta a direct hit,
Watch west of bridge creek, cells are coming back into ok city, god good, ya'll duck!

Norman was hit, I think,
Pauls valeey duck!

I just lost live feed, lemme get it back, dunno where it was coming from?
It comes back then stops, I'm gonna leave it alone, I don;t need it in Fl, you folks out there do!
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
They naming so many cities on ironpatches live feed, I can't even type that fast,
If you in Ok, or near, got electric, get the link man.
It's real time.


Keystone heights, it's headed that way, toward Pawnee cty, that's all i herd,

Golsby (?), gotta a direct hit,
Watch west of bridge creek, cells are coming back into ok city, god good, ya'll duck!

Norman was hit, I think,
Pauls valeey duck!

I just lost live feed, lemme get it back, dunno where it was coming from?
It comes back then stops, I'm gonna leave it alone, I don;t need it in Fl, you folks out there do!

msnbc is running that feed, but is in and out.
 
Iron Patch said:
msnbc is running that feed, but is in and out.

If you are not in the affected areas, then leave the live feed alone, for those that need it!

I wouldn't wanna see their server go down, as someone's life could be depending on it!



I didn't mean that in a bossy way, if it came across that way. But, yeah I did.
 
Another tornado reported in Kansas but I didn't understand what town the weather man said the town starts with a R.
 
Cherokee_Kidd said:
Another tornado reported in Kansas but I didn't understand what town the weather man said the town starts with a R.




Was it Rantoul?


What town is next?
I'm guessing here...
{rolls tornado area experiences dice...}
l
l
l
Coffeyville, KS area.

It's in the middle of "Tornado Alley."
(Along the North/South County highway 59 that connects Lawrence to Tulsa through Coffeville.)

Scott​
 
texastee2007 said:
He is suppose to call me later tonight and he is from Georgetown? I've never been there so I think I got it right. I know it is a 912 area code.

Tee,
Georgetown? What County is that in?

Scott
 
All the tornado warnings in Kansas were cancelled. They said more might pop up later. I don't think it was Rantoul. They just said another tornado is on the ground in Oklahoma near Tishomingo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom