53.7 KB · Views: 2,832
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
What a coincidence that I found a ton of it.... :) Because ever since I found it my life has gotten better....then I brought some of it indoors this fall....and holy cripe....my entire life changed ..... :)
Green calcite is a grounding and centering stone that brings stability. It increases success, prosperity, business, and fertility of all kinds. It is an excellent stone for gardening. It is also considered a stone of manifestation because of it's ability to develop increase in all areas.

Green calcite is said to enhance intuition and psychic abilities.

In the physical realm, green calcite benefits the heart, thymus, chest, shoulders, and lower lungs, heartburn, nervous tics, stammering, neurosis, arthritis and joint pain, kidney, bladder, general pain. Green calcite is also especially beneficial for healing tumors and other malignancies. It is particularly helpful with infections of the lungs, throat and sinuses. It is also used to balance and heal the endocrine system. Green calcite is also helpful for overcoming addictions and compulsive disorders. As with all calcites, green calcite is good for general health and healing, especially emotional and mental issues.

Green calcite is associated with the heart chakra.

Anahata - Heart Chakra
Associated with: love, unconditional love, emotions
Governs: heart, lungs, blood and circulation
Color: green and/or pink
Stones: actinolite, cuprite (balances heart chakra with root chakra), diopside, dioptase, emerald, fluorite, green apatite, green calcite...........

Upvote 0

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil
i have this exact rock.. found it while my parents were excavating a vacant lot for our house near chicago il

mine is bigger than a bowling ball... does not seem to crack no matter what

seems crystallike BUT does have air bubbles looking features within

every find out exactly what it is?

i have always wondered and still have it (hope it's not junk as i've had it for like 10 years lol)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I havent found out yet...I am taking it to a gem show this spring and have them tell me ...then I am taking them to Burdie and he is going to cut and slice a couple of them and make someinthing pretty for us!

Upvote 0

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
looks like slag glass to me, cut it up and polish it up, I'd bet it would look real nice... good find

db

Upvote 0

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Whatever happened with the green stone Gypsy?

If you've got a TON of it... I'd like to swap you a bit of our indigenous stones from here in this part of CA.

...and I don't mean to say I've got anything valuable...
and I wasn't interested in a bunch...

Thanks,
rmptr

Upvote 0

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I have about ten of those sitting on my stereo. Green calcite. I also have blue and pink. Makes a nice display. As far as the bubbles go, calcite often does contain bubbles from escaping gases.
Great find.

~Nash~

Upvote 0

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gypsy, Go to BLM , click on there Geo Viewer , mines mimerals , then area state county. It will tell you what minerals are found in that area . Hope this is a help to you.
Extractor

Upvote 0

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007
It looks like prehnite to me. The color and location are right, and the bubbles aren't that unusual. Prehnite is found in almost all the copper mines in Upper Michigan. It is usually in covered with calcite and has copper nodules or specs in it. The glaciers scattered this stuff quite a ways, but the river may actually cut through some native stuff since you were probably on the edge of copper country. Because of the way it formed, you can get bubbles from other minerals creating voids as they disintegrated. The stuff makes some really nice jewelry, I have collected quite a bit of it up in the north woods.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I still dont know what these are...but...I gave some to Birdie and he is taking them to the university....I will be happy to send some to the people who asked but will have to wait until I can dig some out of the river bank after its done freezing...there were alot there so I will get more....

Upvote 0

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gypsy I would love to have a sample of that rock, if you had a xtra. I'll send ya back a sample of something I have found :thumbsup: Thanks Extractor

Upvote 0

ParkHunter61

Nov 30, 2008
It could be a tektite - but there usually a darker green .
I found one once when visiting my sister in Maryland while
detecting in her yard.
Was in the hole with a penny .
If it seems like glass it could be a tektite.
Bill

Upvote 0
T

trish76642

What a coincidence that I found a ton of it.... Because ever since I found it my life has gotten better....then I brought some of it indoors this fall....and holy cripe....my entire life changed .....
Green calcite is a grounding and centering stone that brings stability. It increases success, prosperity, business, and fertility of all kinds. It is an excellent stone for gardening. It is also considered a stone of manifestation because of it's ability to develop increase in all areas.

well send me some of it then sister! I need about a TRUCK LOAD!

Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Gypsy, if you don't get inundated with requests for that rock, I'd like a piece of rock also...could trade a dino tooth for it...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread