What's new

Treasure business/type card Ideas?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
1,064
Reaction score
259
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate being turned down by an owner for permission. I know from trying lines out on girls to dance there are many pitfalls. Please, I need help comming up with an icebreaker card. What works 4 u?
 
Personally, I think business cards make it look like you expect to find some expensive buried treasure on their land and increases your chances of being turned down. Like I said, that's my personal feeling. I think a casual conversation may get you further. I've never used a card so I'm not speaking from experience. If you choose to do so, let us know how it goes.
 
I answered this in the HELP section. Need more info from you there.
 
Wow, if you're having trouble with lines for asking girls to dance, then you best stay away from the business card approach when it comes to metal detecting :laughing7:

If you look through the topics on this page, you will see there is something on this from a guy who has his own radio program. He also has tips on what to put on your card.

Sorry, but I don't see any advantage in a card. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can have one made up for a for bucks and it means absolutely nothing.

Cards? I don't need any stinkin' card :laughing9:

http://www.youtube.com/v/VqomZQMZQCQ
 
Oh I was thinking that you had a business to promote. If it's about looking for treasure on my property...

You offer me a cut. Otherwise why would I want some stranger walking up and down my property with a metal detector?
I know my wife would like it 110% less than I.
 
WIT said it better than I could. Just to help you out, the absolute best 'pick-up line', you might wanna write this down, is "Hi". Seriously. Studies have been done at that sort of thing.
 
WIT said it better than I could. Just to help you out, the absolute best 'pick-up line', you might wanna write this down, is "Hi". Seriously. Studies have been done at that sort of thing.
Thanks I'm getting writers cramp. Once I had just asked a girl to dance . She replied I don't know how. I said that's ok I will teach you. Just then her girlfriend who I failed to recognize pipped: wait a minute he used that line on me last week.
 
Teach you?. Sheesh... That's the best you could come up with? :laughing7: Next time tell her it's ok, no need for you to know how to dance, I'll just drag you around :thumbsup: Worked for me :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Teach you?. Sheesh... That's the best you could come up with? :laughing7: Next time tell her it's ok, no need for you to know how to dance, I'll just drag you around :thumbsup: Worked for me :laughing7:
Married: I don't need no stinken pickup lines!
 
Last edited:
card I made yrs ago - got a few others - will try and find
what ever you do - dont put treasure hunter on it
if you make cards up - you hear someone say they lost something - hand them one
hand out to life guards at beaches
give to police dept/or other city depts
stick them up on bulletin boards
would not put a primary phone # - you might get cranks - i have not yet -but..
you could just put an email

card.webp
 
casp4.webp
top one is regular - bottom one I laminated to make water proof
 
another i made with Paint
casp3.webp
 
you can try something like this
and make hand outs flyer 001.webp
 
Great ideas thanks Casper
 
Casper, I may not be able to make any phony phone calls to you, but I will be able to forward you all my unwanted junk & spam e-mails :laughing7:

I have business card too, but they're for business, not a hobby. I know if someone showed up at my door with an unsolicited call and card for metal detecting, I wouldn't even entertain them. Again. brush up on your people skills and just be friendly and you should do well. The most they can say is :nono: and there is no out of pocket cost to you.

If you're actually going to go forward with the card, I would also suggest bringing along your metal detecting resume and references. :tongue3: Why stop at just having a card when you can bring everything :laughing7:
 
I introduce myself,let them know what i want to do, A little small talk and a smile and I get permission 99% of the time.
 
I introduce myself,let them know what i want to do, A little small talk and a smile and I get permission 99% of the time.
You must have a great smile. The only thing I am 99% at is finding pulltabs.
 
I get asked if I have a card all the time by life guards and others - I get permissions and look for stuff for people all the time (and have never taken a dime)
if I hear a group of people talking about themselves or a friend losing something - what am I to do - try and find a pen or pencil
and paper to give them my # _ I say "hi I'm Casper - shake their hand and I hand them my card and tell them to contact me- that way theres no pressure
they want to call or drop me an email its up to them
have always gotten nothing by politeness and smiles

guy asked for ideas and I gave him some
Im not saying to drop these in mail boxes or tape to peoples doors - knock and run
it is an alternative - for those that dont want to knock or dont have the time
you post up your card or a flyer here or there - who knows you may get a ton of bites = you may get none
I have help out my local police a few times - as well as many others - so I got the references if i need them
 
I have very generic cards. Just name, phone, and e-mail. That way I can use it for anything. I talk up detecting alot. If I find someone who is VERY interested in detecting, I give them a card so we "can dance". That way, if he sounds really excited about detectin, the card is a natural next step. I never PUSH the card or detecting get-together. TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom