Treasure Clue, can you help?

bamacherf

Mar 13, 2005
Alabama
He had said that he tried to spread the tokens as easily as possible across the US, but where the grasshopper and dragonfly were found proves that wrong. He also said the tokens were accessible to everyone, the grasshopper was found over 6 ft off the ground. Most people would have had to climb to find it, forget about it if you are in a wheelchair. I guess he meant the tokens are accessible to everyone who can climb a tree and some aren't accessible to handicap people. I just loved the solution to the grasshopper. No code of numbers. And lets abbreviate the state park. ABDIJPRS. Take out SP and you are left with ABDIJR. ?Without a clue to abbreviate you would be stuck , unless you are from the Northeast and are familiar with James Baird State Park. A slight advantage for those people. Don't even get me started on the 'No intentional red herring' clue. I think that meant there are no fish in the book. :o Oh well, I have spent to many hours in my book focusing on the spider. Everytime I think I'm on track a train hits me. :P

F

FindersKeepers2k5

Not to mention that the clues are in the TEXT. Did any else catch his interview on the today show the other day? This time he actually said,"You can find the clues within the text and the pictures."

A way of telling us uppercase lower case letter circling syllable counting crazies that we were way off.

Also, since I have been weening myself off the book I have another gripe. I figured there would be clues as to HOW to solve the puzzles. Not this poke and guess trial and error. I figured that when the clues were solved they would say something like "Start with J in the grid and use page 55 and follow the yellow brick road."

Not JBSPAK whatever - and you know it is an ANSWER???

Not only that - HOW could these tokens possibly be found without the internet?????? I am not talking the forums here. I have yet to see a STATE clue anywhere in the book! How do you know what state the parks are in, without looking it up?
Am I missing it?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Finderskeepers , Don't forget the no digging or prying part . Peggy just reminded me of that . I also think he forgot to mention you'll need metal detector and mirror in hand . Hey , don't ween yourself just yet the party has only just begun at least see it through . You haven't been here long enough yet to be sick of it already . Hopefully there is a pot o' gold at the end .

H

hoppperr

Yeah, Gail. ?What the heck?!

And, besides the days drive, it sounds like you need an arsenal of tools along with a metal detector. ?It's not just "reach inside" by a longshot. ?PLUS, I feel kind of foolish for buying the Companion Puzzle Book. ?Lotta help that was!

When I read how much work was involved to retrieve the Firefly, I started thinking maybe I just missed the token. ?I had a magnet rigged up to a claw-type thingie my husband gave me, but the magnet fell off in the car on the way there. ?We did a lot of digging and prying I can tell you, but we did have the ok from the Ranger. ?At one point, she told me, "it looks like there's an envelope in that tree over there". ?So I reached my gloveless hand up and it was a dang bug trap, with sticky stuff and bugs in it. ?Ewwwwww!

So, Ern, I see you have a (slightly better looking) twin. ?Does this mean you have to split the prize?

N

nolemiester

so cedogosey, was it in the tree that was marked off by the rangers? Was it even in Lake Darnelle LOL?

---Nolan

N

nolemiester

hmmm, cegodsey, seems you have been holding out on us...I read somewhere that you also discovered the Butterfly Token. T/F?

---Nolan

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I just thought of something!(ouch!) Now that the tokens are really being found, I wonder what that guy JET has to say now? I would imagine that he is firmly lodged back beneath whatever rock that he slithered from! LOL! Good Hunting! omnicognic 8)

H

hoppperr

CHAINSAW: ?I wondered where you had disappeared to when that Butterfly token came up missing. ?It's all starting to make sense now. ?You said you were cleaning your carpets, but......

Was it the clue I gave you in Virginia? ?Don't want any money, just KUDOS.

BUG TRAP LADY

T

Trapape

People People,

I read these post lately and get a negative feel from them. I know it can be frustrating to hear of all these tokens that are being snatched up almost daily but don't give up! Don't start trying to tear yourself away from the hunt just yet it's not over yet. Focus that negative energy back into the hunt and look at the clues with the knowledge that you have learned from those tokens that have been found.

One thing that I learned was that the knothole doesn't have to be big enough to just reach inside. That changes my whole viewing when hunting. Also, knowing that the hiding spot is PICTURED in the book should encourage you to look for only a certain tree and not everywhere. Now lets stay on track and start figuring out the clues.

F

FindersKeepers2k5

Actually,
Some of the searcher for the grasshopper token said they concentrated only on trees they thought were in the book. The token was not in a tree pictured in the book and they lost out because of this. So don't be fooled by the illustrations....

T

Trapape

I got momentarily excited witht he June 1st clue because I thought I had figured it out. Though I am pretty sure this is wrong I wanted to share anyways in case it helps.

using the flowers I went from right to left with the left side of the flowers and down from the top with the right flowers and played myself a game of boggle.
The first one I got A Dove
The second I got A Nat
The third I got An Eel
The fourth I got stuck.

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
Wow! I have been out of town, just got to a computer and find more are gone!
Way to go gegodsey!!
Just wanted to let y'all know over on ATT,some are starting to plan an ATT get together. Hope to see some of you. Oh yeah, Leave chainsaws at home, we don't want to scare the children, Ha Ha .

Luckypony

C

cegodsey

Sorry I haven't been around, my, um, cable network was down. So I was watching TV instead. And sleeping.

Wow FK2K5, you look a lot like me. Spooky.

The caterpillar ain't in the tree, nor was it ever. See, here's how it works. MS finds places to hide things. Then he makes illustrations. Then a few years go by while he makes the story. Then he goes to place the tokens, and finds that the knotholes have enlarged, and, in this case, become bottomless pits. So he hides the token elsewhere, and adds an extra clue to point to its location. Like, the caterpillar illustration was painted in 2003. He didn't hide the token then, when the tree was still half way intact. Once you solve the extra clue, you'll see where it was (is).

Does anyone have change for a long distance call to New York? Oh, nevermind. I get paid in a couple of weeks.

T

Trapape

Scuba,

I still don't know what you were talking about. Come on cough it up and let us know where your thoughts are so that we can figure it out.

J

jewels1301

Cegodsey,

Delta has cheap fares these days. Why not fly? Of course, caterpillars crawl!

Jewels

ScubaReader

Greenie
Apr 25, 2005
Southern California
Here you go trapape....Remember what I said in my first post about the colors?

...well it is not exactly blue is it?

...it is more like aqua...
....and not exactly purple....more like violet....

put it all together and this is what you get

Spoiler below:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX? A QUA
XXXXXXXXXXXXX RE D
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX? V IOLET
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Y E LLOW
XXXXXXXXXXX? ORA N GE
XXXXXXXXXX? VIOLE T
XXXXXXXXXXXXX AQ U A
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX? ?R ED
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Y? E LLOW
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX? O R ANGE

It is coincidence isn't it?

who wants to work on spider with me?....or do you want it for yourself?......is there already a group collaborating on it?....can I get in?
That is all I have.....now will someone please hack this thing and get the puzzle over with...

now will someone email me? with the locations of all current finds...this is driving me nutts....? ;)
...or better yet how to read the leaves on pg41 would be nice

[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread