Treasure Clue, can you help?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Jewels & Dycos2 , if you go back to the subjects pg the there's a thread for the Bee solution . As far as the rest i'm not sure , maybe Nolan can give us the take on it . By the way Nolan where you been lately ?

E

Esme

Ohhhhhh thank you!!! Got Jewels ............i was working on it too, u made it much easier
by the way went on a hunt yesterday Nooooo luck ..............
Nolan welcome back i missed you posts ( your are a genius )
Esme

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Anyone see MS on Today show today? I had to W*O*R*K, but I heard about it. The two guys who found the dragonfly in PA were on, too. They said that they knew which tree it was because it was "marked". I don't think they gave any description of how it was marked - said something from the book was a clue.

Also, has anyone solved the 6/1 clue? I looked at it a bit, but I can'r determine if either of the other two clues helped solve the puzzle, so I'm wondering if it is worth the time.

Last, the butterfly was said to be found at the Nantahala NATIONAL Forest in western North Carolina. If everything I've heard so far is correct, that is the first of the 5 so far that was not a state park. Maybe it was just a coincidence that the first few were found in state parks.

Zuse

C

cegodsey

LAKE DARDANELLE SOLUTION

DKOS2 - you look older than I had imagined.

Go to our GALLERY for the solution to LAKE DARDANELLE. It hasn't been found, no one knows where it is (maybe ;-), and posting it at this point won't do any harm. Also, the mushroom solution is here in the gallery as well. To solve it, use the numbered coordinates that I have given and go across then down on the 5x5. For Instance, the letter "B" is the number 21. Go across to the number 2, then down to the number 1. That will give you the letter B. H would be 23. DKOS would be 41 13 53 34.

As to the new clue, go to http://www.atreasurestrove.com then find the link on the left side that says The Treasure Hunt. Open it, then open New Clues.

Hope that helped.

Chainsaw.

E

Esme

Zuse
i remember reading a post..it said that the tree had the initials M S on it, i will try to look for the post .maybe that is how the tree was mark?
Esme

N

nolemiester

Well guys I have been quite stressed out lately. I sprained my ankle yesterday and I bruised my tibia so I am on crutches for two weeks and I have 6 finals next week so I have been kinda bogged down. Ok the solution for the grasshopper is found on page 83 I believe. If not, look for the page with the moon like hymn on it. There is a 5X5 box at the top of the page. I believe this is called a grille cipher. The letters that are blacked out are ABDIJPSR...anagrams to J. Baird SP... James Baird State Park in New York.

In other news...Well I have been working on mainly the Spider puzzle. Well here are my thoughts. Only the Knots on page 21 will be used to find the solution. The other page only contains a couple blank spaces which is the key to the order of colors. I'm just not sure which part of the knot to look at...hmmm...Input would be appreciated.

---Nolan

T

Trapape

Well I have been looking over this new clue today and am wondering if the single green leaves are actually there to separate words form each other like with the Morse code in the book using the red lines. If this were the case then we would have

--- -------- -- --- ---. 3 8 2 3 3 these are the words and that is the sentence.

Any thoughts?

T

Trapape

Has anybody tried to put the leaves into the box and see what they have to say?

I laugh even as I type this 'put leaves in a box and see what they say' I never would have thought I would be seriously saying something such as that.

D

Dkos2

cegodsey that is not me it is Kurt Cobain from nirvana i am really just 14

and ESME that was me that found the tree with MS carved in it but it looked more like M+S as if they were dating or something DKOS

E

Esme

Hi all
just saw the video of MS on today show , go to web TT and click on link........Lets not give up we can do it too!!!!! Good luck All
Esme

O

orangejen

Trapape said:
Has anybody tried to put the leaves into the box and see what they have to say??

I laugh even as I type this 'put leaves in a box and see what they say' I never would have thought I would be seriously saying something such as that.

What exactly do you mean put the leaves into the box? (I'm new here but I think I'm starting to get the hang of some of this!)

My first thoughts were the colors might represent something, numbers or a code. ROYGBIV nary one would be ROYGBV. Since there are no indigo leaves, I thought that might be something.

Also what about the first column in the box.. adventurer.. anyone find any relevance? Also when I saw the box I first though 'word search'.. Then again what the heck are we searching for..

Anyways, just trying to work on this new clue since I'm totally overwhelmed by the book.

Thanks!

Jen

C

cegodsey

Dkos - Is nirvana a city? ?So you are using a friend's picture? ?I don't understand.

orangejen - you still have a lot to learn (don't take that negatively). Have you read the tweleve.org forums? Personally, I think that's probably the best place to spend time reading. You have to register to read the posts. Also, Check out our gallery in the links just below your information at the top of this page. The treasure trove gallery has a few pictures of what the 5x5 grid is, and how the illustrations can be solved using it.

The rest of ya, Peggy Hoppperr is about to pick one up that was solved on the 12gems site. Which one? Can't tell ya. But, it was a reworked version of a puzzle we thought was already solved by one of our members. Can't tell ya which one. I'm sworn to secrecy. Oh, part of the puzzle required the text, for once.

ScubaReader

Greenie
Apr 25, 2005
Southern California
This is what I have so far.....for Clue #3

Blue=1,Red=2, Purple=3, Yellow=4, Orange=5,
Purple=6,Blue=7,Orange=8, Yellow=9, Red=10

Don't laugh...I really believe this is the KEY

Now how do we use two sets of numbers with one set of colors is my question.....figure that one out and this thing might be solved.

C

cegodsey

Nirvana is a state?

Oh, and, what caterpillar token? Did someone find it?

G

Got Jewels?

hey guys! does anyone have that website for the park maps? i may be onto something, but it's a stretch... ; )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread