treasure hunter model # xj9-3050. any good?

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
hi all! ive decided to get into the metal decting again.(not that i ever was except when i was 15 yrs old i had a $50 radio shack detector.i found a $3000 wedding ring under my great grandmas wooden porch.turned out to be my uncles wedding ring and he took it from me,sold it to the pawn shop and drank it away without even a" thank you"he has been devorced for years before i found it.)ok,back to the main subject....i bought a treasure hunter xj9-3050 and i was wondering if anyone here has used one,and if it is a good one to start out with? it has a 32bit prosessor chip and the extra large coil.any advice or info on this subject would be helpful.i live in northern michigan and am starting to do some research about my area.there are some 100+year old abandoned logging camps with 100 year old apple trees all around where they used to set up camp and get lit after a hard days work.my leads are from a old timer that lives nearby and he is 90 years old.i think this would be a good place to start,since you cannot see any apple trees from the little dirt trail that goes past it and its deep in the forest so hopefully it hasnt been hit by another people with the same idea.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
HI. This is coin finder Can you tell us, The ( name of the Detector) . I have been Coin Hunting way way back in 1970's an I have never heard of it , do you Have a ( picture ) of it ? Wellcome Back to Metal Detecting. ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
hissinroaches

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED TREASURE HUNTER XJ9-3050 DEEP SEARCH METAL DETECTOR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ALL NEW XJ9-3050 METAL DETECTOR BY TREASURE HUNTER

One of Treasure Hunters newest innovations for 2009. The Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 is Treasure Hunters top of the line model. This detector was designed for the advanced user that is serious about treasure hunting. The 3050 has an amazing combination of technology to make it truly second to none among its peers. The 3050 has Treasure Hunters patented multi-frequency deep search technology found only in Treasure Hunter 3019, and XJ9-3050 metal detectors. This model is equipped with a powerful 32 bit Z-TEX Computer Microprocessor for increased depth and discrimination. The large LCD screen will visually indentify the target, the depth of the target, and pinpoint the target. This detector can achieve depths of 30cm (12") for a coin the size of a US quarter. Can detect a silver dollar at 16" depth. At the same time, this detector will tell the difference between an old wheat penny from the new zinc type of penny. This detector uses multi-frequency technology to achieve greater depths and increased discrimination. With the multi-frequency technology the XJ9-3050 can recover coins, relics, treasure as well as gold nuggets at greater depths than ever before. This turn on and go fully automatic advanced treasure hunting machine has already left a huge impression on the metal detecting community.

Modes of operation:

1) All Metals Mode: This mode is the high sensitivity and no discrimination mode and any metal item will be detected. The sensitivity is completely adjustable in this mode. The automatic ground balance can be used in this mode, or for advanced use, the ground balancing can be manually adjusted. Motion is not required in this mode.

2) Motion Discrimination: This is probably the most commonly used discrimination mode. This is the motion detecting mode and the detector will discriminate with different audible tones and also will identify the target on the large LCD screen. The detector will also give the depth of the target on the screen. The ground balance is automatic in this mode and the sensitivity and discrimination are fully adjustable.

3) Automatic Notch Filter: The 3050 deep search detector comes with pre-set programming to search for certain targets. The detector can be set to auto-notch for a specific target like gold rings and then it will only identify gold rings and other targets within the specific phase response of gold rings. The ground balance is automatic in this mode, and the sensitivity is fully adjustable.

4) Selective Notch Filter: The discrimination notch can be manually set to find any specifically desired target. The notch can be set so that the detector can find only 1/2 dollars, or only silver dollars, or only gold nuggets, or the desired relics, etc.... The possibilities are endless. The ground balance is automatic, or manual and the sensitivity is adjustable.

5) Deep Search with Surface Elimination: This setting is for deep searching and ignoring trash on the surface. It can be used in combination with any of the modes above and is for the hard to recover, or previously missed targets. This feature can be a very powerful treasure hunting tool when combined with the motion discrimination mode, or the notch filters. Using this feature, the 3019 can become a highly specialized tool set to find only gold nuggets at depths of up to 12".

6) Pinpointing mode: Motion is not required in this mode. The detector will give off a steady tone that will increase as you get closer to the target. The LCD will also indicate the location of the target. This mode can use the automatic ground balance, or ground balance can be manually adjusted or finely tuned for advanced pinpointing. Sensitivity and discrimination is fully adjustable in this mode.

This detector has all the great functions of the beloved 3019 with a slightly more powerful on-board computer to increase accuracy of discrimination. The XJ9-3050 has all these high technology features like multi-frequency detection, increased depth, pinpointing, surface elimination, improved notch discrimination capabilities, and much more. This detector has all the features and depth of the 3019 with the increased discrimination provided by the Z-TEX computer microprocessor. This detector gives a unique combination of depth and functionality that simply can not be found with any other detector. Please see the comparison with the Garret Ace 250, and Bounty Hunter Time Ranger at the bottom of this page. This detector uses NASA space age carbon and fiberglass lower stem with unbreakable non-metallic nylon connecting hardware to ensure the sensitivity and accuracy of the unit will not be compromised. This is Treasure Hunters premium deep search metal detector.

BRAND AND MODEL COMPARISON CHART Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 with Hobbyist Pro Pack Garrett Ace 250 with Accessory Package Bounty Hunter Time Ranger (no accessory package available) Whites Classic 5
Operation modes 6-modes 2- modes (notch and all metal) 3-modes (All metals/pinpoint, Self tuning, Discrimination) 3-modes (Pinpoint, All metal, Discrimination)
Auto ground balance Yes Yes Yes Yes
Manual ground balance option Yes No Yes Yes
Pinpoint mode Yes Yes Yes Yes
Auto notch mode Yes Yes No No
Selectable notch mode Yes No Yes (sniff mode) No
Deep search surface elimination mode Yes No Yes No
Target depth readout Yes Yes Yes Yes
Target depth max 12" for US quarter 8" for US quarter 10" for US quarter 10" for US quarter
LCD target identification Yes Yes Yes Yes
VLF Technology Yes Yes Yes Yes
Space age non-metal materials Yes Yes Yes Yes
Multi-frequency technology Yes No No No
Selectable target rejection Yes Yes Yes No
Discrimination tones 4-tones 3-tones 3-tones 8-tones
Warranty 5-year 2-year 5-year 2-Year
Accessories Yes Yes No No
Microprocessor Power 32 bit Z-TEX 16 bit 16 bit 16 bit
Manufacturers MSRP $429 without accessories $516 with Hobbyist Pro-Pack $249 without accessories $342 with accessory pro-pack $599 No accessory package $569.95 No accessory pack
Lowest EBay Price $239.26 with accessory package $297 with accessory package $389.90 No accessory package $499 No accessory pack
$315.95 With promotional discount No Accessories

SYLVAN CO. IS AN AUTHORIZED TREASURE HUNTER DEALER

Please note that this metal detector is equipped with the 8.5" upgraded deep search coil. If you would like to purchase an additional all purpose search coil, then please see our other auctions.

THIS AUCTION INCLUDES THE DELUXE HOBBYIST PACKAGE $187 VALUE

Headphones/Carry Bag/Treasure Scoop/Pro Deep Search Coil 8.5"

You have a fully loaded advanced treasure hunting kit with all the advanced features of 2009 technology in a remarkable easy to use machine

BRAND NEW IN THE BOX

Key Specifications/Special Features:

Six operation modes: please see above

Target depth indicator

Advanced selection target detection/rejection, or auto notch, selectable notch

Lightweight for ease of use -4lbs

Z-TEX 32-bit computer

Programmable sensitivity adjustment

Operating Frequency (VLF) 6.55~6.75Khz Also uses Patented TH multi-frequency technology- higher frequencies to achieve greater depths and sensitivity for objects like gold nuggets

Auto ground balancing (AGB)

1/8 inch headphone jack

Touch-pad control panel

Target image indication with large LCD

LCD can display the depth of the target, and Identify the target, also indicates detecting mode, sensitivity, and more.

3 distinctive audible tones for different metals

Controls: mode, auto ground balance, manual ground balance, volume, adjust sensitivity, adjust discrimination, combine modes.

Auto low battery indication

NASA space age carbon lower stem with unbreakable nylon hardware

The extendable shaft has dual locks, both a cam lock and detent locks to ensure a solid feel when extended.

Waterproof 8" coil (this package has the upgraded 8.5" deep search pro-coil)

Treasure Hunters most advanced deep search detector

Uses 2-9V batteries (not included)

Deluxe Hobbyist Package (Treasure Hunter Carry Bag, Deluxe Headphones, Treasure Scoop)

5-Year Limited Warranty

What is (AGB) Automatic Ground Balancing?

AGB refers to the ability of the detector to track the changes in ground mineralization and automatically adjust the ground balance to suit. This ensures perfect ground balance and full detection depth and eliminates the need for the operator to stop and manually adjust the detector as the ground conditions change.

What is Very Low Frequency (VLF) Technology?

Conventional VLF detectors transmit a continuous magnetic field into the ground on one set frequency. This frequency as the name implies, is on the lower end of the metal detecting spectrum 3kHz- 50kHz. The 3050 Professional detector operates at the very low end of this spectrum ~6.6kHz. The lower the detector's frequency, the deeper it will penetrate. However, its sensitivity to smaller targets may be reduced. On the other hand, the higher the detector's frequency, the higher its sensitivity to even the smallest targets, but it may not penetrate as deeply. The TH 3050 achieves extreme depths due to its VLF and magnetic field expander technology combined with astonishingly accurate sensitivity and discrimination, it does this through its patented multi-frequency technology. The Treasure Hunter 3019 and 3050 detectors use a multi-frequency technology to combine the benefit of deep penetration with the high discrimination possible with higher frequencies.

What is Multi Frequency Technology?

The Treasure Hunter 3019 and 3050 uses the VLF technology combined with higher frequencies up to 20kHz to give increased depth and discrimination. These higher frequencies combined with VLF technology are best for finding gold at large depths. This frequency is automatically given off and does not need to be adjusted. The increase in frequency gives a greater response to little tiny bits of gold, the 3050's increased response to small targets is about ten times as much gain as general purpose detectors. For gold searching, you must set the discrimination to the lowest setting.

What is Target ID and how does it work?

Treasure Hunters Patented Target ID circuitry is a very accurate measure of the target's phase response. But unfortunately some targets have identical, or nearly so, target responses. That is why you may lose a few good gold rings if you believe your ID is correct each time it tells you the target is a pull-tab. The ID is just another form of information that you, the operator, must interpret before deciding whether you will dig the target. But Fortunately, Treasure Hunters Target ID is from top of the line circuitry and the best Target ID accurate at depths of 12" for a coin and 16" for a good size ring (3019 and 3050 deep search models only). As you can see from the picture of the LCD above, the 3050 will tell you just how likely your target is to be a gold ring if it is in the range. Don't forget, your treasure Hunter 3050 also has target depth indication.

Lets Comparison Shop:

BRAND AND MODEL COMPARISON CHART Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 with Hobbyist Pro Pack Garrett Ace 250 with Accessory Package Bounty Hunter Time Ranger (no accessory package available) Whites Classic 5
Operation modes 6-modes 2- modes (notch and all metal) 3-modes (All metals/pinpoint, Self tuning, Discrimination) 3-modes (Pinpoint, All metal, Discrimination)
Auto ground balance Yes Yes Yes Yes
Manual ground balance option Yes No Yes Yes
Pinpoint mode Yes Yes Yes Yes
Auto notch mode Yes Yes No No
Selectable notch mode Yes No Yes (sniff mode) No
Deep search surface elimination mode Yes No Yes No
Target depth readout Yes Yes Yes Yes
Target depth max 12" for US quarter 8" for US quarter 10" for US quarter 10" for US quarter
LCD target identification Yes Yes Yes Yes
VLF Technology Yes Yes Yes Yes
Space age non-metal materials Yes Yes Yes Yes
Multi-frequency technology Yes No No No
Selectable target rejection Yes Yes Yes No
Discrimination tones 4-tones 3-tones 3-tones 8-tones
Warranty 5-year 2-year 5-year 2-Year
Accessories Yes Yes No No
Microprocessor Power 32 bit Z-TEX 16 bit 16 bit 16 bit
Manufacturers MSRP $429 without accessories $516 with Hobbyist Pro-Pack $249 without accessories $342 with accessory pro-pack $599 No accessory package $569.95 No accessory pack
Lowest EBay Price $239.26 with accessory package $297 with accessory package $389.90 No accessory package $499 No accessory pack

Attachments

• 3050-1.jpg
    3050-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 8,575
  • 5d2b_MD3050.jpg
    5d2b_MD3050.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 8,562
OP
OP
hissinroaches

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
why are you laughing? please explain. i thought this place was a helpful website.of course i didnt pay retail for the detector,i was just wondering if it is ok for just starting out,as i am not rich like the people with whites that laugh at people like me.

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
it looks like a cheap walmart onsale metal detector. Ok here is what you need to get. Ebay, Garrett 250 only 250.00 with out that cheap shovels and stuff. Other is a Whites classic 5id thats what i have. Its the greatest only 300.00 used maybe 100.00 to 200.00. Then if you want to go big get a whites eagle. I think new is like 1,000.00 used maybe 500.00.

OP
OP
hissinroaches

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
ok,thanx for your info.i guess i made a mistake by choosing this over a garret ACE 250.but the damage is done,so all i can do is hunt with it,and keep everyone posted with its proformance and my finds. :-\

Attachments

• DSC01021.JPG
    DSC01021.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 7,822

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
The metal detector almost sounds fake.

hissinroaches said:
ok,thanx for your info.i guess i made a mistake by choosing this over a garret ACE 250.but the damage is done,so all i can do is hunt with it,and keep everyone posted with its proformance and my finds. :-\

OP
OP
hissinroaches

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
i just noticed that the close up pic of the control panel is differnt than the control panel in the complete package pic!i just emailed the company and bitched about it.my tracking number says its on its way,so i guess im really screwed now.

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
See the elbow pading with out a strap. Thats how you know its no good. I bet that thing can find things only 1 inch deep.

hissinroaches said:
i just noticed that the close up pic of the control panel is differnt than the control panel in the complete package pic!i just emailed the company and bitched about it.my tracking number says its on its way,so i guess im really screwed now.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey give it a try it may surprise you. You can always upgrade later. Some people have reported good success with these cheaper Chinese detectors.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
civil war hunter said:
See the elbow pading with out a strap. Thats how you know its no good. I bet that thing can find things only 1 inch deep.

hissinroaches said:

A lot of Tesoro's don't have a strap. That has NOTHING to do with performance. That's a comfort feature.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first detector was a XJ9 pro? I found some decent stuff with it. I didnt feel like spending hundreds of dollars if i didnt know I wanted to get back into the hobby. ONce I found out i liked it again, i saved my money and bought a different machine. I keep hearing bounty hunters are wal mart detectors too. But I have seen people pull some great things out of the ground with them and pretty deep too!!! Hissinroaches, you keep us posted on the good things you will find and happy hunting!!

OP
OP
hissinroaches

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
well its nice to hear something good about this MD. LOL this is supossed to be a upgrade from the xj9-pro. ive already ordered me a hand held gps,a pinpointer and a digging shovel.all i have to do now is wait for the dang MD to show up.tracking # says its on its way.i cant wait to get my knees dirty.google earth has shown me some pretty good potential sites. i have all the cords. locked and loaded.

Attachments

• blk morels.jpg
    blk morels.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 13,090

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
I'm sure by now your detector has arrived and you've had a chance to check it out. Could you please give us a review of your impressions and test results you found. The specs on it sound good and I'm sure there are others, like myself, that would be interested in your findings. Thanks

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the xj9 pro found 45 pound with it when I resold it on ebay lol. At the end of the day have fun learn your machine if its a dud resell it but be fair if its great find a chunk of change upgrade

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I had one of these. It seems to be the same detector that has the same features as a Gold Century model selling for $199 from the NA distributor the last I checked. It is made in China, but possibly their best.

It won't get coins at 12" except for maybe in an air test where there is no electrical interference. The surface blanker he seems to think makes it go deeper but the manual says it reduces depth. Guess he doesn't read manual.

It can't be set to find only gold, no detector can do that.

He says 5 year warranty on eBay, but when I get the Gold Century manual from him that has Treasure Hunter sticker over Gold Century, he had enclosed a tiny piece of paper in the manual saying warranty is 1 year.

I found with it a number of quarters down 3"+ but I have bad soil. It works the best if you sweep with coil slightly above ground. If you sweep coil on ground you will get broken or intermittent signals from coins & trash.

I hope you do OK with it. Best wishes, George (MN)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for some of the Rude Comments above !
I Guess they already Drove you off :(

To be Honest, the Looks don't Give me Confidence.

However Looks arn't everything.

I'm going to Guess it's Chinese,
Which when it comes to electronics
they are Right up there.
So .... I Can't say anything Bad about it :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread