Treasure is where you find it

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at an auction in Columbus Ohio; it was at the Defense Construction Supply Depot on West Broad st. This would have been around 1990. I was in a hurry, the auctioneer was a lady that was new to it. She was too slow so I raised my paddle to bid on some “oxidizers” didn't even know what they were…just wanted to hurry the bidding along I had raised the paddle after she said 1 dollar, I raised it up, she said sold! …just to wake everyone up I guess…well, I went and picked the stuff up or at least most of it…some of it was small green cans of some kind of stuff that would kill any living thing…made to kill biological warfare stuff…I left it there. The other things were a 35 gallon drum with a bag of swimming pool chlorine in it (gave it away) and a 40 pound paper drum with a never opened plastic bag of Silver Nitrate in it…long story short…I sold the stuff back to the original manufacturer for $4,600! That was a real treasure find. Several months later at the same auction site a friend and I bought 4 overhead cranes for $1,100 and sold them a few weeks later for $7,000, again treasure is where you find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions