Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

The trouble with Treasure legends can be involved and bogged down in claims and counter claims....which blurs the issue. The fact is there very little evidence to support these claims. If the Taliban was looking for it which I doubt most barely have the capacity to read and write. And besides their cash cow is through illicit opium and Hash sales through Russia into eastern Europe.

As for American and Coalition their attempt to pacify a nation that is not happy unless its in continued state of war...As history shows. Russian empire, Soviets, English empire among others, all got their fingers burnt in past. Ya cant make people change they got want to change themselves....

My guess is if it has not been looted....Then it could still be there with knowledge of its hiding place lost to history..

The details of the location I suspect was might of been in the hands of this mysterious Australian in the 1937. Did he live or succeed we just do not know? However hardluck newspaper gives a clue as it mentions a location in Pakistan where a rebel leader there was waring against the British. Was reciving weapons from Afghanistan. The Pakistani location he found to name given was as TT discovered near Pakistani tribal areas which borders onto Afghanistan. The story allude that this treasure hunt was near where this rebel tribal leader was fighting but in Afghanistan.

And that my friends where it takes us....

In that same region.....

I have some thing to show ya.....

To be continued....

Crow

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All

The trouble with Treasure legends can be involved and bogged down in claims and counter claims....which blurs the issue. The fact is there very little evidence to support these claims. If the Taliban was looking for it which I doubt most barely have the capacity to read and write. And besides their cash cow is through illicit opium and Hash sales through Russia into eastern Europe.

As for American and Coalition their attempt to pacify a nation that is not happy unless its in continued state of war...As history shows. Russian empire, Soviets, English empire among others, all got their fingers burnt in past. Ya cant make people change they got want to change themselves....

My guess is if it has not been looted....Then it could still be there with knowledge of its hiding place lost to history..

The details of the location I suspect was might of been in the hands of this mysterious Australian in the 1937. Did he live or succeed we just do not know? However hardluck newspaper gives a clue as it mentions a location in Pakistan where a rebel leader there was waring against the British. Was reviving weapons from Afghanistan. The Pakistani location he found to name given was as TT discovered near Pakistani tribal areas which borders onto Afghanistan. The story allude that this treasure hunt was near where this rebel tribal leader was fighting but in Afghanistan.

And that my friends where it takes us....

In that same region.....

I have some thing to show ya.....

To be continued....

Crow

thanks Crow...you always have eyes for details and keeps us in suspense. Wondering whether the Pakistan region the same area where Binladen was nesting?8-):laughing7:

p.s.when you correspond treasure legends for days,you become very alert.I discovered last week that the hostel I am staying for some months in the country where I am currently used to be a 16th/17th century ex monastery.Later it passed through various uses and ended up being sort of rent hostel of a sort.The other day I saw a wire covered stairway near the garden and as I peeked through the closed meshed wire gate ,it is a shabby looking stairway that may not have been opened for ages.I wonder where the stairwary/tunnel that appears to go underground the premises ultimately ends?8-)8-).I dont think the people running the place are treasure legend savvy:laughing7:.

tintin treasure

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello TT My what a bad influence I have been on ya.....:laughing7:

Crow

Hello Crow :laughing7:...Not at all .You are doing good.Actually I have always been the treasure inquisitive type from childhood starting at 11-12 year when I began my first actual treasure legend and hunting ...But Your stories are thrilling and inspirational to take the ''treasure island'' kind of old thrill to the real ,proven and advanced phase in a difficult world of complexities.

tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TT The next generation are those who forth out into the world and bring these legends to light with perhaps some amazing discoveries... But most of all daring to dream whatever their and ambition are?

Its not for many but for those inclined ya just need the hunger and the fire....

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya know this Australian adventurer was preceded by a American?

His story goes back to 1934.... There is possibility that the map Mackenzie obtain was from this American adventurer?

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know this Australian adventurer was preceded by a American?

His story goes back to 1934.... There is possibility that the map Mackenzie obtain was from this American adventurer?

Crow

Thanks Crow..Do continue please ,it sure was an interesting saga. After you conclude ''Ahmed Shah TH 101'' I hope you would give us ''Introduction to treasure legends of India 101" :headbang:

tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Crow..Do continue please ,it sure was an interesting saga. After you conclude ''Ahmed Shah TH 101'' I hope you would give us ''Introduction to treasure legends of India 101" :headbang:

tintin treasure

Hello TT Old Crow cannot handle to many separate topics on go at the same time. Its all too much for his bird brain. However for now I will continue after a evening ritual I walk the beach from beach house at sunset and maybe cast a line.....Its ritual of dreaming and remembering in going down of the sun.

Be back in half hour or so....

TRTRR.jpg
Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT Old Crow cannot handle to many separate topics on go at the same time. Its all too much for his bird brain. However for now I will continue after a evening ritual I walk the beach from beach house at sunset and maybe cast a line.....Its ritual of dreaming and remembering in going down of the sun.

Be back in half hour or so....

View attachment 1064144
Crow

thanks Crow...dont worry..Just take your time ,and drop something from your memoirs when you feel do so whether on the present topic or others.Enjoy your walk.

tintin treasure

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh yes, walking the beach, surf fishing in the warm tropical waters……..while it is nice to catch fish, the truth is, I am just as happy spending time at and in the warm waters edge…...fishing is a great excuse.
Fishing and treasure hunting have much in common it seems.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc I agree fishing and hunting have a lot in common with treasure hunting because in some respect ya stalk ya prey and like all true hunters and gatherers ya have a healthy respect for what ya seek. It is a fundamental instinct in world that has taken for many those instincts away.

Okay enough its dark now. The sun has gone to sleep and Old Crow will be tucked up in noddy land asleep too soon. Before I roost I shall continue the yarn.

The following 1934 newspaper story tells of an American treasure hunter John Macay Roberts?

The Australian Worker  Wednesday 12 December 1934, page 14 america erxploer roberts p1.jpg

The Australian Worker  Wednesday 12 December 1934, page 14 america erxploer roberts p2.jpg

What drives a man to travel to the other side of the world in the height of the great depression to search for treasure? Who was this man and what was his story?

To be continued Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc I agree fishing and hunting have a lot in common with treasure hunting because in some respect ya stalk ya prey and like all true hunters and gatherers ya have a healthy respect for what ya seek. It is a fundamental instinct in world that has taken for many those instincts away.

Okay enough its dark now. The sun has gone to sleep and Old Crow will be tucked up in noddy land asleep too soon. Before I roost I shall continue the yarn.

The following 1934 newspaper story tells of an American treasure hunter John Macay Roberts?

View attachment 1064156

View attachment 1064157

What drives a man to travel to the other side of the world in the height of the great depression to search for treasure? Who was this man and what was his story?

To be continued Crow

thanks Crow...is this the same treasure of Ahmed Shah? It appears it is different:icon_scratch:.Lets wait and finish the yarn...

tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a good question indeed?

Following the path of this American John Macay Roberts?

He was an engineer and made his way to England in or around 1921.

He worked for at the time the Following company below..The Central scientific company based in Chicago.

J M ROBERTS PASSPORT APPLICATION 1921 PART 3.jpg

to be continued...

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
it seems our mysterious John Macay Roberts working and researching in England.

J M ROBERTS PASSPORT APPLICATION 1921 PART 2.jpg

J M ROBERTS PASSPORT APPLICATIOPN IN 1921 P1.jpg

There was other things going on Afghanistan at the time as history tells us.

To be continued....

Crow

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello chaps

One thing that has always puzzled me with various treasure stories about lost, buried and cached hoards, is that it is always presumed that only the 'main' individual knows/knew of the spot marked with an "X". For instance, Ruminahui or Valverde with the Llanganatis treasure (depending on whether you're going with the ransom story or derrotero), Lost Adams Diggings etc.

What is sometimes ignored, rather conveniently, is that there was other actors and players in the legends and they are usually found dead later, mysteriously vanish or decide not to pursue it. That is why I am sceptical sometimes.

With burial mounds of distant civilizations, private stashes made during times of uncertainty, mines and villages abandoned in history due to war and desperation caused through starvation/famine or disease, well, those are an altogether different proposition.

Considering that any major hoards always needed teams to stash them, there would almost always been others who knew of the locations.

IPUK

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello chaps

One thing that has always puzzled me with various treasure stories about lost, buried and cached hoards, is that it is always presumed that only the 'main' individual knows/knew of the spot marked with an "X". For instance, Ruminahui or Valverde with the Llanganatis treasure (depending on whether you're going with the ransom story or derrotero), Lost Adams Diggings etc.

What is sometimes ignored, rather conveniently, is that there was other actors and players in the legends and they are usually found dead later, mysteriously vanish or decide not to pursue it. That is why I am sceptical sometimes.

With burial mounds of distant civilizations, private stashes made during times of uncertainty, mines and villages abandoned in history due to war and desperation caused through starvation/famine or disease, well, those are an altogether different proposition.

Considering that any major hoards always needed teams to stash them, there would almost always been others who knew of the locations.

IPUK

Hello IPUK...In that line of reasoning,not only that ,there is always the fact that the treasure could have been found by later TH hunters and the news hushed up.But that is the uncertainty in which TH hunters have to operate I guess.

tintin treasure

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

You're absolutely right.

That is why one must always entertain healthy scepticism when considering such legends. The only ones that were/are excluded from the list, were those that were buried in the oceans and seas and needed technology to help make their recovery possible.

All the so-called "lost" mines and treasures, well, who can really say much when some might have been already appropriated.

Going back to what we've said previously, most new "biggies" will happen in archives, obscure records etc...
But who really has the resources, capabilities, skills and wisdom to start from scratch?? (where is Mr C...)
Even then, what is the probability of success??

IPUK

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

You're absolutely right.

That is why one must always entertain healthy scepticism when considering such legends. The only ones that were/are excluded from the list, were those that were buried in the oceans and seas and needed technology to help make their recovery possible.

All the so-called "lost" mines and treasures, well, who can really say much when some might have been already appropriated.

Going back to what we've said previously, most new "biggies" will happen in archives, obscure records etc...
But who really has the resources, capabilities, skills and wisdom to start from scratch?? (where is Mr C...)
Even then, what is the probability of success??

IPUK

IPUK...But that uncertainty shoudnt prevent from searching. Even the treasure in Oceans could be salvaged and hushed up.One thing TH hunters should do is to make every effort to research exhaustively old news and documents for possible treasure finds so that they dont waste resources.But the hushed up treasure finds u cant know,you try your luck on your narrowed serach area and may find out on the spot that the place has already been searched or you would get lucky to be the first one.The same with ocean treasures.I guess that is a handicap THs have to live with.

tintin treasure

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all adds to the thrill of the chase....

But only search and look into something that there is a firm chance exists/ed...

One thing I've learnt the hard way is, ensure that you have other income streams; never expect that you are on the verge of making a fortune. That train of though can leave one high and dry.

IPUK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread