Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Crow :thumbsup:...The times may not be convenient for THs to explore the country.But you made a good historical outline of the trail and offered a possible theory...

tintin treasure

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, Afganistan would seem to have an unacceptable risk profile for the remainder of our lifetimes……even if the immediate dangers of armed gangs and armies would disappear, there is enough UXO to make travel there too risky for me.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Doc..............Thats why ya recruit the locals.....:laughing7:

Have you ever seen a commander in chief in front line ?????

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, but it would seem once you found something, you would needs some force protection to keep the locals from claiming any new found treasure……
So how is our newest treasure hunter, the little Crow…...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc ya use locals of the country but strangers to area of operations that they themselves have no influence to do deals. Plus they are strictly hired hands on need to know info. That and smoke and mirrors.... Others ya local head honcho with inevitable do a deal with. Most people I found are amicable enough....

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our wise old bird brings wisdom and good advice…..
As for me, those areas would be difficult……my focus would be on the war part and any treasure hunting would be but a distraction……..
There are enough legends to pursue in areas with a more acceptable risk profile……and great weather…..
As our wise old black feathered one knows well, often we just change one risk for another……..and hope the other risks are more manageable…….

Hopefully the new Crow in the nest allows a little sleep at night…….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc I might be a little wiser raggedy old crow these days but still a sucker for a good treasure legend.

Here is film that might be of interest.

Emeralds in Afghanistan could be worth 1 billion dollars or more if they modernize their mining practice. This Frenchman Rafeal has gone to great risk to do deals with these miners in roof top of work. Maybe in years to come his effort may help stable the economy providing they can iron out the corruption.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until other countries stop interfering in Afghanistan, it will remain as is………..sadly the UXO and poisons of war will remain deadly for many, many years to come…….
And any treasures there, are best left to those who can navigate the culture and find the risks acceptable..
Vaya con Dios

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose Amigo

The trio has various interests in projects around the world at various stages of development. Some I dare say you have never heard of . Each have their own unique set of challanges. This story while interesting does not fit our critera in what we look for.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose, when you say you have enough to keep your plate full for 2 years, I trust you refer to writing your book…….

And our resident new papa and black bird, Señor Crow……..those not heard of are likely the best to pursue……..
Memories of your earlier post on some hazards of well known legends comes to mind…….

Still waiting to hear on some things here, and sorting out others……vaya con Dios mis amigos….

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
iowa formerly from the south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trudged around the paki/afgh border numerous times with the military. At one point I was close enough to the border to hit golf balls into pakistan. I can tell you the cave systems in the NE and near the KG pass are numerous.
Also seen some afghan mining operations and I must say with the little equipment they do use, they git r done. Ingenuity is probably one of the afghanis best traits esp when it comes to jury rigging equipment to do things they weren't meant to do.
I'll try to find the mmap that my plt used in 2010/2011 in paktia that has caves/mines marked out on it. We literally played spelunkers for 6 mos straight for the army. Found everything from old weapons, Soviet radios and comm equipment, explosive caches, and even a old burial site that wasn't marked/known about (I'm sure it was at one point but was long forgotten by the pashtun village nearby as the elders had a hayday when we brought them to it after they said they didn't believe us.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Crow ,
would you be inclined to add this to the hoard? or has the throne been lost in history? given the tensions between the two countries?

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
iowa formerly from the south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet pieces of it are still around albeit unbeknownst to whoever has them. Other then the two or so jewels the brits own and the ones the iranians own now.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Old crow is tried at the moment been traveling with much to do.

Banana Bob. Interesting angle The problem we have in regards to your question is that their is much speculation of fate of the peacock throne. And the fact several versions of the throne was made.

rebull indeed most likely much of throne was broken down when looted. However nothing is certain.

Very Interesting that you was involved in searching cave in south eastern Afghanistan. Did you by chance get to inspect the ruby mine in eastern Afganistan?

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread