Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

Judy - you are most welcome and thank you for the kind words! Casca, yes I agree they (Phoenicians) do keep turning up in the strangest places, and the use of such similar treasure signs leads to the problem of mis-identification when signs are found. In Spain and other places where Phoenicians were active, the treasure signs have led to some impressive treasures.
Roy

Yes Oro, it seems there is a lot of symbols. I know what Kenworthy put out was a very basic set of symbols. Im having to reference several types of script to get a answer.

Casca said:
Yes Oro, it seems there is a lot of symbols. I know what Kenworthy put out was a very basic set of symbols. Im having to reference several types of script to get a answer.

Have you found any single sign that can help pin down who (whom) was the creator? No need to get too specific, just curious if you had found anything that would definitely narrow it down and help rule out anyone. Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Well I found what I believe to be a mine. I didn't go in. I was surprised it was just blocked. I dug a little hole under the boulder and seen some weird stuff. I believe its old but there is sings from chaco to Jesuit.

I also found a pointer that lead to a open area devoid of rocks and plants, a small hill. I need to recheck this more accurately. This is one wierd place. But I know there is spanish markings up top. And Jesuit at the bottom on a story rock.

It will take a few days to sort the pictures. I need help with the mine.

I'm off to the next areas as I can do no more by myself. But the coded message may lead to more also.

I'm am very happy to have seen this site. I will say I am not the first one there. But they seem to have missed so things. Will post more later. I am beat.

Casca said:
Well I found what I believe to be a mine. I didn't go in. I was surprised it was just blocked. I dug a little hole under the boulder and seen some weird stuff. I believe its old but there is sings from chaco to Jesuit.

I also found a pointer that lead to a open area devoid of rocks and plants, a small hill. I need to recheck this more accurately. This is one wierd place. But I know there is spanish markings up top. And Jesuit at the bottom on a story rock.

It will take a few days to sort the pictures. I need help with the mine.

I'm off to the next areas as I can do no more by myself. But the coded message may lead to more also.

I'm am very happy to have seen this site. I will say I am not the first one there. But they seem to have missed so things. Will post more later. I am beat.

Sounds like you have made a great discovery! (Congrats! :hello2: :thumbsup:) I look forward to hearing more, keep us posted with your finds - and thank you in advance!
Roy

Oroblanco said:
Casca said:

Have you found any single sign that can help pin down who (whom) was the creator? No need to get too specific, just curious if you had found anything that would definitely narrow it down and help rule out anyone. Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

I believe I have found something Identifying the mine/cave. I noticed certain symbols combined that may be ownership marks. I dont know how to find the owner marks, yet.

Hello everyone!

I am new to this form, but have been reading it! The first poster talks about the "T" a little bit, but doesn't talk about the cross hardly at all. I am wondering if ANYONE can give me any info on the cross for a marker sign.

I have never seen any myself, but I have heard of some legends that there are a few rocks that have white cross' carved about a foot tall on them. I am guessing they are Spanish? Also where would the treasure be hidden if you found a rock like this? Does anyone have any maps that sound like it might be connected to a site like these?

Thanks!

Just a follow up. After viewing my pics I found some interesting things, and another possible cave. My pictures up above are doing double duty. There is two entrances, one with a broken heart and a fox and diamond staring at you when you go in. It is blocked, I have not been able to figure out how to get around it, and may never/

The second is the same Marks, but a woman, and a solid heart, with the same fox warning. I have not been to this possible entrance yet, it requires help.

I have located more faces and need to check each one out proper.

Once up on top, you can see a snake made out of dirt with pictograms down below.

Hi Howdy, I posted a very good example of a cross. Spanish symbols must be drawn a certain way to be real. There is references online that will give examples, as many different signs are used. I am to new at this to advise. But will say you need to locate the other signs associated with the crosses. I believe what most people think is a cross is actually a "T".

If I do not find other signs associated with a find, I dont consider it a spanish sign.

"X" never marks a spot, but I have seen diamond symbols mark a spot. There are several good post on here, and you can use the search bar for answers also.

Good Luck and welcome to the post.

Casca,
you said.."Finding and reading signs will get you close. But the last part of the puzzle seems to be missing."

what is missing is that the last sign will tell you that the next sign is underground....
slow down, your on a sprint, when really this is a marathon...

your zipping by the dig spot not seeing the signs, not seeing that piece of ground as you hurry to the next sign...the one meant to take you far away from the goods!
rangler

This is the omega hoyo, classic and perfectly executed in a dry stone rock wall...hidden from all who passed...it stood there for a few centuries...
when lil ole me wandered by with a sony digital camera...sweet!

omega hoyo1.JPG
(c)copyright 2007 all rights reserved-rangler

Attachments

• omega hoyo1.JPG
    omega hoyo1.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 893
WELCOME TO TREASURENET Howdy May! :hello2: :thumbsup:

I just have to say this too - a big Dakota HOWDY Howdy! ;D

I see that others have already answered your question, lots of knowledge available in the 'pool' of members here. Thanks for joining us.
Oroblanco

howdy - howdy may,
the cross shows ownership of the Church. Conversely the T points..when the cross is used [rarely] to point it is the short arm of the cross..ala Dsty and my own experience. A cross on a mound is the symbol for the Mission Church. This is the ultimate classic icon of the Crucifixion of Christ! The metaphor for the treasure burial was the crucifixion and Resurrection. So all the icons are the symbols that are the clues to the puzzle.

Casca, the X never marks the spot as you said, that was only in pirate cartoons..in the field the X is your orientation mark, keep in on you right as you pass...it also a symbol of the Quint..as the Jesuits knew that in the language of the Runes, the X means 'gift' and the Jesuits with their uncontrollable political satire..could not help them selves to use this mark to say the Kings gift [quint] is in site.
rangler

'when dredging is outlawed only outlaws will dredge'
dredging for gold.jpg
dredging for gold in a california gold country river post ban

Yessir Rangler you solved one mystery for me. I have found signs under ground, and signs leading away in a circle of sorts......thought that odd. The signs underground is when the real fun starts. Night and day. I am holding off posting some pics as Im not done yet. The work is dangerous and I need help on site. My helper only gets in once a month.

I have seen the X map on a rock. What I figured it to be as I was finding small holes was either a map for the peons who did the labor, or placement of logs to do heavy lifting. They also would hold a fair amount of coinage. They only help me to let me know Im on the trail. Problem is, where I found the map, location, location, kocation.

I went back over all my markers today, I was surprised how much I figured out with out knowing how to use them. I made some really neat discoverys. No silver of gold, but more work and a new trail. Thanks for the info.

Thom;
How does the "keep to the left" rule come in then?

A large X used as a trail mark is by Royal decree (according to Kenworthy) treated this way.
As you pass on the left there will be further information obtained on the X rock or supporting rocks.

These large Xs are seen from quite a distance so are very large ...
I have seen a couple over the years and they will be as big as 7 or 8 feet and as small as a couple feet.

Thanks, Thom. I was wondering where the "line" was drawn for the different meanings. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

I live in New Mexico, so I am right in the middle of it all. :D

So does the cross usually mean twenty, or do you think the treasure could be just twenty feet under the cross itself?

Is there any useful information I need to know about Jesse James? I have personally seen the name Jesse James carved in a rock around these parts. It was defiantly a very old carving. In an area he and a lot of the other outlaws were well known in. :)

Thanks for all your help!

Howdy May,
There is an online book called Banditti of the Praries on page 177 the author describes how some bandits in Iowa set up a cashe site. This was back in the mid 1800's. He used trees but he used a rock as a go to marker. One of his symbols was a cross.
Mdog

Welcome May,
You asked about Ts and crosses.

A "T" (as the Spanish used it) is drawn with a single line. It may have a circle around it,
but it is a reference to the Book of Tobias in the early bible
it should be accompanied by numbers and letters to give chapter and verse.

A cross in the same application is drawn with a double line. or is inside a box.
A cross with circles on the ends of the bars is especially important when drawn on a map, as it puts North at the bottom.
Remember a double line , or inside a box. ...everything else is a "T".

Hope this clears up some of the confusion

Just a thought that stopped in my mind for a fleeting moment, it has been my thoughts that most all treasure symbols have more than one meaning, most have a hidden meaning, a Bear's profile can mean going to / from its den, which is a trail marker, it's head should mean look around ( not traveling ) I feel that will be true with a cross, T /t, X, +, T can mean so many things, 20, Church, 1 / 2 of a diamond, 3 directions, I almost fell out of my chair when I seen Rangler's post that explained about how to find the center, along the sides, of a triangle which would have been very useful 7 pair of boots ago, which the + may indicate 4 directions and also could make a 1/2 diamond or full diamond with invisible lines, either way I think I would check 1 and 1/4 mile and also 2.5 miles, The 1st thing would be to check the East, West, North, South, directions and see if that fits, an "X" I think could be a square / rectangle with invisible lines across the top and sides kinda like a "H" I think measurement's / compass might reveal some usefull information. I sure wish I could call back about 40 years. Don't worry about finding old hand dug hole's unless you have figured out where they should be and there's one at that spot that took you there. Allway's expect the unexpected

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back