What's new

Treats from Pa.

wells

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
683
Reaction score
561
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Some eye-candy for Halloween.
 

Attachments

  • best 1.webp
    best 1.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 153
  • best 2.webp
    best 2.webp
    25 KB · Views: 126
  • best 3.webp
    best 3.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 143
  • best 4.webp
    best 4.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Upvote 0
pretty nice
nice assotment of material
 
Very nice collection.
 
Great finds! :icon_thumleft: Interesting material.
 
I like that 1st one white quartz with the red going thru it. I got a oval knife like it.
 
I like that 1st one white quartz with the red going thru it. I got a oval knife like it.
Thanks, every point has a story, the day i found this i was hunting a small usually productive field with no luck at all until the last pass in a corner of the field were i never found anything before, wow - happy was me.
 
so does this mean i can come over and say trick or treat lol :laughing9:
 
my fave would be the blue-ish one from the first picture
 
my fave would be the blue-ish one from the first picture
Yep a nice baby blue. Blue flint is found around here wherever theres a limestone ridge but usually dark blue. I'd have to say green ia the rarest color in my area. Green usually comes from Hudson Valley sources or as silt stone which comes from eastern Pa. Thanks.
 
Nice relics...
 
If you have all of those points...how many scrapers do you have? I find probably 25 scrapers for every point I have found.
 
If you have all of those points...how many scrapers do you have? I find probably 25 scrapers for every point I have found.
Yeah, i've found lots of scrapers but only framed the best. I have one site at the foot of Jacks Mt. where i find mostly scrapers. In one of my other posts you will see a hafted shaft scrapper which is the only one i ever found. I understand these are more commonly found in Ken. Tenn. area. All the best.
 

Attachments

  • scrapper.webp
    scrapper.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Love that jasper, wish they had a little more of it, too...
 
Vera Cruz jasper is nice stuff. Only ever found one point made out of it and it was a crappy triangle. Very good collection, some classic PA point types in there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom